Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New TP update on Eric Gordon - upbeat, but says it's "almost like a disorder"

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar

New TP update on Eric Gordon - upbeat, but says it's "almost like a disorder"

Glass half full:

"I've talked to him already, just reacquainting and talking about his rehab and things of that nature. He said it's going really well. He was pretty upbeat about it.
    Glass half empty... with a crack in the bottom:

Gordon said: "It's almost like a disorder. There was a little bit of a bone bruise, and, you know, kind of like some of these other guys like (Andrew) Bynum and (Danny) Granger. Luckily my process will be shorter than that."
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

Oh God. Comparing himself to Bynum and Granger. Not good.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Last edited by Eman5805; 11-26-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    With Davis's injury, I could careless if he comes back anytime soon or not. Take your time.

The tank may not be literally on, but it definitely feels like it is.

Anybody else think that it is a little weird that Monty is just catching up with him now? I mean, this is supposed to be your star and every time Dell and Monty talk they act like they never speak with the guy and they are blindsided by what is going on with him.

I know they will say "We are just focused on the guys who are here", yada, yada, yada, but we have seen such poor communication on several occassions with these three. It's just incredibly frustrating on so many levels.

Speaking of frustrating, the game is about to start!
    @mcnamara247

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Monty doesn't surprise me, and you're off about Dell. He just mentioned like a week or two ago that they were monitoring it. And yeah, you know it's bad when you are fearing a game starting lol

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Monty doesn't surprise me, and you're off about Dell. He just mentioned like a week or two ago that they were monitoring it. And yeah, you know it's bad when you are fearing a game starting lol
    It's hard to be scared when you have NO expectations.

In regards to Dell, I am referring to the offseason when he said that he hadn't been in contact with Gordon during that moretorium period and therefore hadn't talked to him about the Hornets plans with him

Biggest free agent decision of your career, you are going to dedicate 58 million to the guy, and you don't call him and let him know your plans? Just odd and it wasn't how they worked with CP3. They talked to him about everything, sometimes multiple times a day

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Anybody else think that it is a little weird that Monty is just catching up with him now? I mean, this is supposed to be your star and every time Dell and Monty talk they act like they never speak with the guy and they are blindsided by what is going on with him.

I know they will say "We are just focused on the guys who are here", yada, yada, yada, but we have seen such poor communication on several occassions with these three. It's just incredibly frustrating on so many levels.

When someone says theyre just focused on the people that are there, that means, we dont have anything good to say about the other party and the relationship is injured. Not a good sign at all.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Im still in disbelief that we gave this dude money.
    I keep waiting to wake up and see that this didn't "Really" happen.

This seems to be par for the course with Gordon. The Clippers basically had to order him to do media and fan events. What I think is weird is we still have no diagnosis, what he's got is "kind of a disorder". I really wish the TP would have thought to ask Gordon for the anonymous Chicago doctor's name. It's odd that we don't know the name of the expert that's helping him.

In regards to Dell, I am referring to the offseason when he said that he hadn't been in contact with Gordon during that moretorium period and therefore hadn't talked to him about the Hornets plans with him
    I think some of that was posturing and I also remember that after the fact we were told Gordon's agent asked them not to talk to Gordon. But to your main point, I can't imagine the same lack of communication happening with any other star player around the league short of the crazy ones like Cousins.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    The comments on there.... lol

Honestly i was shocked to see him standing and CHEERING for his "teammates" last night. He gained a couple points with me for that fact alone.
    Seriously, it was the 1st time since we traded for him he actually looked engaged on the bench.
    I know it doesn't mean much but we'll see. It's the little things

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Honestly i was shocked to see him standing and CHEERING for his "teammates" last night. He gained a couple points with me for that fact alone.
    Seriously, it was the 1st time since we traded for him he actually looked engaged on the bench.
    One things for sure, he hates the Clippers more than us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

I agree. The whole situation between Gordon and Hornets' management has been very odd. There seems to be limited communication and it is almost as if Williams does not care to communicate with Gordon. I do not see a close relationship there at all between "star" and coach.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar

You think it was a coincidence that he cheered against his former team? The one that blindsided him with a trade? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by nolagoblue View Post
    You think it was a coincidence that he cheered against his former team? The one that blindsided him with a trade? I don't.
    Of course not. Just making the statement that I honestly think it was the 1st time i've ever seen him cheering for the Hornets and not just sitting there looking into space.
    He was actually paying attention?!?! HOORAY!.....
    Don't get me wrong i don't think it means much but I gave him a few points for it. That's all.

Of course not. Just making the statement that I honestly think it was the 1st time i've ever seen him cheering for the Hornets and not just sitting there looking into space.
    Don't get me wrong i don't think it means much but I gave him a few points for it. That's all.
    I loved it. It's the first time I've seen ANY intensity out of him. Ever. Even if he was rooting against the Clippers, he gained a few brownie points with me. Also because I hate the Clippers.

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I loved it. It's the first time I've seen ANY intensity out of him. Ever. Even if he was rooting against the Clippers, he gained a few brownie points with me. Also because I hate the Clippers.
    Understandable, but I still feel like this guy just doesn't want to be a part of the organization.

Interesting comment on NOLA.com

rthomas_83
    Gordon's meniscus (fibrocartilage) is fine, so he's clearly having problems with his hyaline cartilage (or articular cartilage), which is what covers the tips of your bones and provides that smooth glide in the knee joint. What hasn't been said is if it's the articular cartilage covering the tip of his femur, tibia or behind his patella (knee cap).

A lot of you fans are uneducated. The cartilage is a tricky material. It's totally avascular, which means it has no blood supply like other organs, which means it takes longer to heal. This is a crucial time for Gordon. IF he does further damage, he could need micro-fracture surgery to create new articular cartilage (the newly created articular cartilage isn't as good as the original though). IF his condition is anything like Andrew Bynum's, it means his articular cartilage is a little soft or in a "weakened state". That's probably where the bruising and swelling came from.

Gordon is doing the right thing. He's strengthening the quad, which is major to the health of his knee joint. He's also giving his knee rest, which is clearly what it needs. I think it's good that he hasn't played on this, making it worse.

It sucks, but it is what it is. People will just have to be patient. He'll come back 100% and avoid any future problems if he stays patient.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Now I feel all jerky for blowing up on him.

Eh. I'll remain vindicative though.

WE MISS U EG!!! GET WELL BRO!!!!!

CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

This...

I don't know how you can't get excited about playing for Monty - he is Old School and I think the players respect that more than anything. He might drive some people nuts with his player combos, but who cares, IF Monty told me to walk in a tub of lava for a halftime show I would it and say "thank you for asking me".

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Gordon can earn the fans back easy as pie. Get on the court when fully healthy and ball. Say the right things, and the rest will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Gordon can earn the fans back easy as pie. Get on the court when fully healthy and ball. Say the right things, and the rest will come.
    Yea this will all be a non-factor if he can play consistently for some time. Many fans have very short memories.

Thread Information