Pelicans Report

Thread: Seating question

Seating question

Trying to get to the game on Dec. 22 against Indiana ... My question is, are you stuck in your ticketed seats (upper bowl) for the entire game? On TV it always looks like the lower bowl fills up toward the end of the game, and I always assumed it was because people were moving down there from other seats.

Hate to be "that guy", but I'm trying to sway the wife into coming in for a few more games beyond this one... and the ole wallet probably won't allow me to go and splurge on some decent seats ...

Thanks for any help

Really just depends. They do have ticket people checking at each section who take their jobs a lil too seriously.
    Like for example: Checking my ticket upon entering the section, Watching me leave my section to get a beer, making me show the ticket again. I mean i know people come and go but seriously you just saw me leave!?!
    I have seen sooooo many people drop drinks and food due to fumbling to show their ticket to the Ticket Nazi's after already being checked once.
    In my opinion you got into the arena right? So you must have a ticket? If someone is in my seat i'll let you know (ticket nazi) otherwise just stand there and wait for someone to get you or ask a question. The constant ticket checking is absurd.

After a few beers and on my way to another i walked out and asked "hey can you just remember me?" and did a little jig for em...no dice. Perhaps its just me but they get on my nerves especially when i have my hands full of food and beer and my ticket has already been checked 3-5 times.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-26-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Disagree. The ticket checking is needed to control the constant flow of people moving around and blocking your view. If you pay for lower bowl, you should be able to enjoy the experience. If you pay for upper bowl, enjoy that experience and sit where you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by HORNETSFAN View Post
    Disagree. The ticket checking is needed to control the constant flow of people moving around and blocking your view. If you pay for lower bowl, you should be able to enjoy the experience. If you pay for upper bowl, enjoy that experience and sit where you pay.
    I pay for lower bowl. 1 ticket check is fine. How is it that i can recognize a guy sitting in my section after he has sat down but the person actually checking tickets cant remember seeing him?
    People will move around and block your view regardless of how many times their ticket has been checked or not. People gotta eat, use the bathroom, go smoke, buy junk for the kiddies, ect ect.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-26-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Re: Seating question

I make friends with my usher since it is the same person nearly every night. They don't even bother to check my ticket or my guest's (if I can bring one) after a few games.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah they check all the time for lower bowl. It probably fills up late on TV because most of the time people just go to their seats late. A lot of those people take their time socializing, lollygagging, and whatnot. They probably forget they showed up to the arena to watch a game. I'm no professional con artist or anything, but you could probably buy one lower bowl ticket and one cheap seat ticket. Make a copy of the lower bowl ticket. Once you get in and your (lower bowl and cheap seat) tickets are scanned, then use the copied lower bowl ticket to sit in the lower bowl. One person goes in, and then a little later someone else goes in because I don't think they have a barcode scanner like at the front entrance. More than likely you won't be taking anyone's seat unless it's a Celtics, Lakers, or Heat game where it's packed like Sardines.

Thanks for the responses guys.. Wasn't planning on trying to "sneak" into a better section, just wanted to move if it was encouraged by the team to make the stadium look full..

It always seems like the same section of seats are empty for most of the game.. lower bowl, opponents' bench side, not quite in the corner.. Then by the end of the game, they're filled up. I guess if they showed the other side of the lower bowl it would probably look the same, you just never see it on TV.

Thread Information