Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	4507
    GM HANDBOOK
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Handbook.gif 
Views:	86 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	4507

The purpose of this handbook is to give GM's a reference for where to find info and some basics for how the league is run. It will also touch on the "unspoken rules" that most GM's should adhere too. Hopefully this handbook will help guide new GM's that come into the league and veteran GM's by informing them of the league rules, providing links to specific threads for rule clarification, discussing the "unspoken rules" for GM conduct, etc., which should in turn provide for a better experience for all.

This handbook should provide a reference for common knowledge of the league to help minimize failed trades due to GM's not checking rules first, better the GM conduct in threads and PM's, create a starting point to help guide new GM's entering the league, and be a thread for anyone looking for an answer to a question.

NOTE TO GM's: If you would like to provide any feedback or suggestions for things to add please do so in the comments or PM me. I will update the thread as needed. Thanks!

LINKS

NON-DOCUMENTED RULES

These are rules around the league that aren't necessarily documented in a thread, but you must know them.

1 - You can make custom sig's for other GM's and receive Team Points in exchange. The most points you can receive in return is 2 POINTS.

2 - You can create articles for your team and receive Team Points based on how well the article is written. The commissioner of the league will decide how many points you get ranging from 2-4 POINTS.

"UNSPOKEN RULES"

The unspoken rules between GM's so that you don't get ridiculed and look like a noob.

1 - ONLY agree to a trade when you intend on accepting that trade. In other words, DO NOT lead on other GM's by agreeing to a trade prematurely and then back out when something else you like is offered to you. YOU LOSE ALL CREDIBILITY and should be called out for it.

2 - DO NOT bring private discussions about trades into the public forum. For Example, Don't discuss specifics about what another GM offered you in a trade in the public forums.

3 - If you DO NOT like a trade offer, at least have the decency to tell the GM that made the offer that your not interested OR make a counter offer.

NEW GM CHECKLIST

Checklist for new GM's so that they can get up to speed on things quicker.

1 - Create a Team Bank in this thread : TEAM BANKS / POINT SYSTEM

2 - Create a Team Trading Block in this thread : TRADING BLOCK

3 - Get familiar with how the league works. Trade rules, Draft rules, Free Agency rules,How to submit a Depth Chart, etc. Use the links above for more info.

4 - Stay ACTIVE in the league. If you aren't an active GM you risk LOSING your team. It could also cost you missing out on your pick during a draft or a player in FA, etc. Most GM's check up in the forums daily.

TRADE CHECKER TIPS

Tips to help understand how the trade checker works

1 - When entering player's salaries in the trade checker, DO NOT use commas

2 - If a team is over the salary cap, enter 0 for their salary space. DO NOT put a negative number.

3 - ALWAYS CHECK YOUR TRADES IN THE TRADE CHECKER BEFORE YOU POST THEM !!!!!
    Last edited by PrepP; 12-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    saved for future use

This is a work in progress, but what do you guys think of the overall idea?

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Great idea. Get a little more going with it and I'll sticky it.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Great idea. Get a little more going with it and I'll sticky it.
    Thanks. I was going to ask you about a sticky.

Do you want us to post here? PM you? Once we write the unwritten are they then written?
    #FREEQUAIL

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Do you want us to post here? PM you? Once we write the unwritten are they then written?
    Good questions. I'm going to be adding the links and stuff as i can. So try to wait to see what I may miss before you ask me to post any other links. But feel free to start discussing any rules or ethics that you feel should be added to the "unspoken rules" catagory. I see that category as a place to put things like GM's not discussing what other GM's offered them for a trade, etc. My plan for the "Non-Documented Rules" category is things like you can create a sig for someone but are only allowed to get 2 points in return. Things that aren't really mentioned in a thread but are enforced as a rule.

Looking for ideas on things to add. Please comment or PM me if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    stickied

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    stickied
    Thanks!

Thread Information