Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: Hornets vs. Clippers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Haha, I love the subtle dig at Vasquez's high TO rate. Monty is hilarious.

As a side note, is anyone else excited for the scoring our second unit will bring between Rivers, Roberts, Anderson (once Davis returns), and Smith?
    I almost spit out my drink when i read it. Sick burn Monty, sick burn.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

As a side note, is anyone else excited for the scoring our second unit will bring between Rivers, Roberts, Anderson (once Davis returns), and Smith?
    Monty is stealing my material now!
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I loved it too. Didn't find it that subtle though.

Also just in. Ryan Anderson gets his 3's off because of Dwight Howard keeping everyone in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post

Also just in. Ryan Anderson gets his 3's off because of Dwight Howard keeping everyone in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by aas3452 View Post
    The key to KILLING the hornets is to pressure Vasquez when he has the ball. Everyone is doing it (westbrook, iguadala etc...)and will continue until he proves he can dribble with his right hand. Expect CP3 & Eric Bledsoe to abuse this kid all night long. Blow out on the making...
    Couldnt have been more wrong. wow! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Zing!

Just re-watched the 2nd half of the game. That was a WILLLLD game! So chippy!

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    "Jason Smith, the ultimatum of a d-bag"-Clips fan
    lolwut?
    Support Louisiana businesses.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Someone's trying to use a fancy big word but doesn't know what that means. How precarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    the actual Quote is: “They’re a team that people would say isn’t very talented, but they’re well coached. I watch them play every game, and one thing about Monty [Williams], is if you play for him you’re going to play hard. If you watch their games, they’ve been in overtimes and only had a couple of blowouts. Grievis Vasquez was feeling good tonight. I think he’s on the way to his first All-Star game. With them playing like that, we can’t wait until the fourth quarter to turn it on.”

oh ok got ya...to be honest i was reading a clipper forum so i didnt get the full context of it...

CP3 was gracious to say "they suck", but maybe he should realize Griffin's a one trick pony and their team sucks

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks View Post
    CP3 was gracious to say "they suck", but maybe he should realize Griffin's a one trick pony and their team sucks
    Reading the quote again, I didn't take it to be an insult to the Hornets as much as a compliment to Monty Williams. If anything, there's something a bit creepy/awesome about him pointing out (unprovoked) that he's watched all the Hornets games. Maybe he watches every game of every team, but this is the first time he's said as much. It's almost as if, he can't fully let go of the Hornets as much as we can't fully let go of him.

People still believe what Chris Paul says?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    Reading the quote again, I didn't take it to be an insult to the Hornets as much as a compliment to Monty Williams. If anything, there's something a bit creepy/awesome about him pointing out (unprovoked) that he's watched all the Hornets games. Maybe he watches every game of every team, but this is the first time he's said as much. It's almost as if, he can't fully let go of the Hornets as much as we can't fully let go of him.
    It's one of those things where people find it hard to completely move on from past relationships. Of course he'll check in on the team, because he remembers what it's like to wear that jersey, to play in that stadium, to hear a canned audio bit in response to a basket. No matter players downplay that sort of thing, New Orleans has added significance to him and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    Paul has said several times before that he tries to catch as many NBA games as he could. He just loves the game both as a spectator and a player. Not surprising to see him still watch his former team play. His beef was never with this regime.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    "Smith is such a dirty player."-Clips fan

"I swear, he's drunk."-Clips fan

Monty...
    "is exactly the kind of coach we need for this team. A coach with balls, and who gets toughness out of his players. Not this soft, entitled crap we’re sitting through right now."-Clips fan

"I want to kill Jason Smith"-Clips fan

"just punch smith on the face"-Clips fan

"seriously if Barnes hits Smith i don’t care if we lose"-Clips fan

"Barnes gets game ball for that
    F Jason Smith"-Clips fan

"Jason Smith, the ultimatum of a d-bag"-Clips fan

If this is from the forum I think.... their homerism is atrocious! Keep up with ignorance sometimes for a good chuckle. Their biassed opinions WAY worse than what some people get attacked for on here. Sorry for the rant.

Thread Information