Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Hornets Roster Moves, Trades and Draft

2013 Hornets Roster Moves, Trades and Draft

Vasques is ballin out of his mind and as much as I love him I still don't think we will compete for another 2-3 years and I don't know how long he will keep it up, I would get max value for him and make Rivers the starting PG, yes we wont win as many games but it will make him develop more and we will land another top 5 pick

Step 1: Trade Vasques for Cousins
    Step 2: Draft SF: Either James Mcadoo, Alex Poythress, LeBryan Nash, Otto Porter, in this order

PG: Rivers/FA
    SG: Gordon/Mason/Miller
    SF: Mcadoo or Poythress/Aminu/Miller
    PF: Davis/Ryno/Smith
    C: Cousins/Lopez/Smith

This team with Gordon, rivers, mcadoo, davis and cousins has endless potential, given a couple years this could be the best all around team in the league with incredible offense from rivers gordon and cousins and great Defense from Gordon, mcadoo and Davis. Also I think we'd be one of the best rebounding teams in the league with mcadoo davis and cousins, Just my thoughts, would also be the most fun team in the league to watch. Anyone else think this team would be nasty at all 5 positions?

Vasquez will never command that much value in a trade. That would be a great team in theory no doubt, its just incredibly unrealistic and will never happen.
    Twitter: @TheRealPaulyP
    PR Sim League (2006-07 Season)

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Vasques is ballin out of his mind and as much as I love him I still don't think we will compete for another 2-3 years and I don't know how long he will keep it up, I would get max value for him and make Rivers the starting PG, yes we wont win as many games but it will make him develop more and we will land another top 5 pick

Step 2: Draft SF: Either James Mcadoo, Alex Poythress, LeBryan Nash, Otto Porter, in this order

PG: Rivers/FA
    SG: Gordon/Mason/Miller
    SF: Mcadoo or Poythress/Aminu/Miller
    PF: Davis/Ryno/Smith
    C: Cousins/Lopez/Smith

This team with Gordon, rivers, mcadoo, davis and cousins has endless potential, given a couple years this could be the best all around team in the league with incredible offense from rivers gordon and cousins and great Defense from Gordon, mcadoo and Davis. Also I think we'd be one of the best rebounding teams in the league with mcadoo davis and cousins, Just my thoughts, would also be the most fun team in the league to watch. Anyone else think this team would be nasty at all 5 positions?
    If you had Cousins. would you trade him for Vasquez? Seriously?
    HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Mcadoo is a PF. Very athletic but will never play SF in the league. Don't believe the hype about him being able to play SF because of his athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo89 View Post
    If you had Cousins. would you trade him for Vasquez? Seriously?
    No, of course.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    The only move I would like to see us make this summer in FA is Josh Smith. Think about that five man rotation. Lopez, Davis, Josh Smith, Anderson and Jason Smith.

You could have the most versitile defensive and offensive front court in the game.

You could go offensive (even get threes) with Davis-Josh-Anderson
    You could go defensive with Lopez-Davis-Josh
    You could go athletic with Davis-Josh-and a athletic SF (Draft or Aminu if we dont move him)
    You could feature Davis as option # 1 offensively with Jason-Davis-Anderson
    You could feature Josh as option # 1 Offensively with Lopez-Jason-Josh
    You could go long offensively with Lopez-Davis-Josh
    You could go long defensively with Lopez-Jason-Davis

Davis, Josh and Jason can run on the fast break
    Jason, Anderson and Josh can score off pick and roll (Davis too)

There are more possibilities....Depending on what we do in the draft.

I'm pretty sure Tony Allen is a free agent. He would be PERFECT for this team. Great defensive presence and leader. I would even overpay a little bit for him. 3 yrs $18- $20 million. He's what this young team needs.

Vasquez + Lopez may work. Not Vasquez alone though.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Vasquez + Lopez may work. Not Vasquez alone though.
    For cousins? I doubt it sir. Maybe with a first involved.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    For cousins? I doubt it sir. Maybe with a first involved.
    Ah, yeah, I meant to kick in the 1st. Forgot to type that. Thanks. And looking at their roster, they don't need another PG on that team. I think they'd do Lopez + our 1st straight up.

2013 Hornets Roster Moves, Trades and Draft

Ah, yeah, I meant to kick in the 1st. Forgot to type that. Thanks. And looking at their roster, they don't need another PG on that team. I think they'd do Lopez + our 1st straight up.
    Also think it'll only work depending on the type of year Lopez can put together and also where our first is projected to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tony Allen is a free agent. He would be PERFECT for this team. Great defensive presence and leader. I would even overpay a little bit for him. 3 yrs $18- $20 million. He's what this young team needs.
    I like Allen, but he is not worth anywhere close to that. He will be 31 in a couple of months and makes about $3 million a year. That is about what he is worth (maybe $4 million at most).

Vasques + Aminu for Cousins
    Draft Poythress, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Draft Poythress, problem solved.
    This isn't 2k sir. People won't accept $.45 for a $1. I'd laugh at that offer irl.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Are we joking?

Apparently not.

I think they'd do Lopez + our 1st straight up.
    Ugh. Unless Cousins' starts forcing his way out of Sacramento (Very possible, giving the temper of the guy and the organization he's dealing with, but not happening now) we don't have what it takes to get him. Not without giving up something we wouldn't want to (Davis, Anderson, Rivers etc.).
    Last edited by Mr. West; 11-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Are we joking?

Apparently not.

Ugh. Unless Cousins' starts forcing his way out of Sacramento (Very possible, giving the temper of the guy and the organization he's dealing with, but not happening now) we don't have what it takes to get him. Not without giving up something we wouldn't want to.
    That's what I'm banking on. That, and the Maloofs won't want to re-up his contract because they are trying to sell the team.

We'd have to give up an unprotected first round draft pick for Cousins. Maybe, I would say a top three protected first round pick would be what I would offer.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    That's what I'm banking on. That, and the Maloofs won't want to re-up his contract because they are trying to sell the team.
    I mean its possible but thats kind of like other teams saying they should trade for Davis because when he blows up he will want out of New Orleans just like Paul did. Its something to think about (even hope for, if you're the other team) but you can't predict it.

Not to mention that if Cousins wants out that bad, I'm sure they'll be better options than Vasquez + Aminu or RoLo + Vasquez.

The only way the Maloofs will take back Vasquez for Cousins is if Tom Benson throws in an extra $350 million to buy the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    didnt we do that with james posey lol??

Yeah, the only way we get Cousins is by giving up our first rounder. I'm not sure where I stand on that at the moment, but its going to take a continuation of bad attitude on Cousins' behalf to spur this sort of trade. At that point, would it even be plausible to make such a move? I'm learning towards no, but his potential on the court is limitless.

Rivers/Gordon/Mcadoo/Davis/Cousins with Anderson off the bench is sick. I don't think its too realistic, however.

Rivers/Gordon/McAdoo/Anderson/Davis is more likely and may be wiser financially in the long-run.

I think the more pressing question is who are we going to go after via trade, draft, or FA to fill in our need for a scoring guard off the bench. This is a question I've struggled with figuring out for a while.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I mean its possible but thats kind of like other teams saying they should trade for Davis because when he blows up he will want out of New Orleans just like Paul did. Its something to think about (even hope for, if you're the other team) but you can't predict it.
    But Cousins is a different beast. He has openly said he wants out, and then retracted his statement. The organization has leaked at times that they are getting fed up. There is no talent on that roster to speak of, and Cousins said he wants win. Ownership and management is horrendous, and their cap situation is horrible. If I was Cousins, I'd be kicking the GM's door down demanding a trade.

And yeah, I can't predict it, but I will most certainly hope for it!

I'd see them doing Cousins for our 2014 unprotected 1st, why wouldnt we do
    It? IDC how loaded the class will be, we WILL NOT be a lottery team unless we flat out Tank. With a healthy Gordon, Cousin, Davis, Rivers, Ryno, and another first round pick in 2013, were a playoff team for sure. No point in holding on to that pick if were not gonna get a top 15 in 2014. And even if we did I'd take Cousins now any day of the week.

Banned
    Vasquez for Demarcus Cousins? The Kings would never make such a trade. They can get much more value.

Thread Information