.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 150

Thread: Anthony Davis To Miss One To Two Weeks...

  1. #101
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,795
    You already know I hate the BS. The truth keeps you from paying for it later. People have time to get over it. But no. They gotta keep trying to put butts in the seats, so intentionally give dishonest information about when our players will be back?
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  2. #102
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    So no one else is open minded or mature now? And you do run into every thread to challenge and mock anything anyone has to say positive about the guy. If you don't run into every one of them, you run into at least 98% of them. There are others that go into the threads not agreeing on some things as well but I haven't seen anyone do it in 98% of those threads. And I can understand you wanting to peek into the threads to see if you're being called out. That's a form of baiting that needs to stop.
    Some disagree with me in a very mature way, but most don't. Most of my disagreements with people here are based on things I never said. They (much like you just did) assume things then run with it.

    You are still avoiding the point. Whether it 98% or 8% how is me commenting on the same topics with a consistent approach any different than every other member of HR doing the samething? The only difference is the overwhelming majority buy into the hype and I don't.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-02-2012 at 11:42 PM.

  3. #103
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Some disagree with me in a very mature way, but most don't. Most of my disagreements with people here are based on things I never said. They (much like you just did) assume things then run with it.

    You are still avoiding the point. Whether it 98% or 8% how is me commenting on the same topics with a consistent approach any different than every other member of HR doing the samething? The only difference is the overwhelming majority bye into the hype and I don't.
    I'm not avoiding anything. No one comments on that topic with the consistent approach that you do so stop trying to make it seem like they do. No one.

  4. #104
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    You already know I hate the BS. The truth keeps you from paying for it later. People have time to get over it. But no. They gotta keep trying to put butts in the seats, so intentionally give dishonest information about when our players will be back?
    Yeah thoses type of tactics runs the risk of destroying their creditability.

    If we know they are willing to lie just to maintain some buzz most will eventually tune them out or just assume the worst.

  5. #105
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I'm not avoiding anything. No one comments on that topic with the consistent approach that you do so stop trying to make it seem like they do. No one.
    Clearly this is an area we disagree on. If that was the case then I would rarely even discuss the topic because I almost never bring it up.

    Either way I will continue what I do speak my piece on subjects based on how I see them. I'm sure if you or anybody else disagree you will continue to do what you guys do.

  6. #106
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,618
    Just thought of something, if Davis' conditioning is the problem, why not just limit his minutes until his conditioning gets better?

  7. #107
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Clearly this is an area we disagree on. If that was the case then I would rarely even discuss the topic because I almost never bring it up.

    Either way I will continue what I do speak my piece on subjects based on how I see them. I'm sure if you or anybody else disagree you will continue to do what you guys do.
    What are we disagreeing on? That there are people that go into at least 98% of every Davis thread and disagree with most things positive being said about him? IMO, there may be some that might go into 5-15% of the threads and disagree with something being said. They're not in as many as you are though. Maybe it's because you're here more than they are. Yeah, that must be it. One most recent thread lasted a few days. No one called you out but you seem to be the only one going hard against just about everything others had to say in it.

  8. #108
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Just thought of something, if Davis' conditioning is the problem, why not just limit his minutes until his conditioning gets better?
    Players need to be in game condition when they get on the court. Playing while not in game condition is begging for some kind of injury imo. I was thinking last week that when his ankle was better Monty would still be saying he's going to try to get him to get in at least 2 contact practices before he plays a game. We'll see. I guess we know now though not to look for him this week.

  9. #109
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,795
    I'd rather wait until he's not getting exhausted too soon. You get sloppy when tired and next thing you know you're pulling a hammy and he's right back on the shelf.

  10. #110
    Hornets fan from NJ! Vinny6420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,833
    Sucks :/
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks


    RIP HunnyB

    This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

  11. #111
    Mostly Harmless 42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between 41 and 43
    Posts
    4,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Just thought of something, if Davis' conditioning is the problem, why not just limit his minutes until his conditioning gets better?
    It's not `the problem'. It's a problem.

    The problem is his ankle was `trying' to fracture under his recent level of activity. Now that he's idle to let that heal, it is creating a secondary issue to be addressed.

    By the way, too abrupt an increase in training is usually a factor in these things starting.
    __________
    "Aime la vérité, mais pardonne à l'erreur." - François-Marie Arouet (Voltaire)

  12. #112

  13. #113
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,486
    I'm already starting to see the press call out the Hornets for their injury reports. I have a feeling this may get a bit ugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  14. #114
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! da ThRONe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,921
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    What are we disagreeing on? That there are people that go into at least 98% of every Davis thread and disagree with most things positive being said about him? IMO, there may be some that might go into 5-15% of the threads and disagree with something being said. They're not in as many as you are though. Maybe it's because you're here more than they are. Yeah, that must be it. One most recent thread lasted a few days. No one called you out but you seem to be the only one going hard against just about everything others had to say in it.
    This is the prime example. Here somebody use a very small sample size to compare Davis to the game greatest. I didn't just create a thread I commented in one. I specifically address the thing that I thought was inaccurate. Which is my point. Everybody has a mob type mentality the min you say something they don't want to here it's personal attacks.

    Yet somebody writes an article that's way to premature and people are quick to dismiss it and attack the writer because it's something they don't want to hear.

  15. #115

    Davis is still way off

    I understand its still a rebuilding year and we all gotta just take a step back and take a deep breath but F&@k im over the injuries. Monty says he is way off

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-orlean...-another-week/

  16. #116
    Looks like we will be picking top 3 again

  17. #117
    The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,402
    Man o man.

  18. #118

  19. #119
    The Franchise goat gorilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    1,295
    Believe half of what you see. None of what you hear.

  20. #120
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is the prime example. Here somebody use a very small sample size to compare Davis to the game greatest. I didn't just create a thread I commented in one. I specifically address the thing that I thought was inaccurate. Which is my point. Everybody has a mob type mentality the min you say something they don't want to here it's personal attacks.

    Yet somebody writes an article that's way to premature and people are quick to dismiss it and attack the writer because it's something they don't want to hear.
    Why do you keep talking about creating threads? We know you didn't create the thread. Do you think that changes what you say because you didn't create the thread? Everyone in that thread knew it was a small sample size. The article was written so obviously the author thought he saw something worth comparing. A lot of people who think they see something special in a player are compared to some of the past greats. Bob Knight compared him to a great. Larry Brown compared him to a great. Perhaps they're comparing what they've seen out of their college games. I don't know but so what? It happens. Everybody can't be crazy while you're the only sane one. Small sample size or otherwise. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. It's not a mob mentality when you address the thing you thought was inaccurate and then you get addressed when you say something inaccurate. You must think you're the only one that can spot inaccuracy.

  21. #121
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,887
    You know it's really sad, but I have free tix to tonight's game and honestly I don't really want to go.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  22. #122
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    You know it's really sad, but I have free tix to tonight's game and honestly I don't really want to go.
    Awww. Go and have fun. Maybe you'll get to see Anderson light it up from 3-pt land. I'm hoping he knows to watch out for Larry Sanders tonight. LOL.

  23. #123
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,887
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Awww. Go and have fun. Maybe you'll get to see Anderson light it up from 3-pt land. I'm hoping he knows to watch out for Larry Sanders tonight. LOL.
    Oh I'm going to support the team, I just know I'm going to hate myself tomorrow for it lol

  24. #124

    Re: Anthony Davis To Miss One To Two Weeks...{merged}

    I left my tickets at home and don't have a replacement for my on-call shift tonight. Might be the first game I don't attend all season.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  25. #125
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Why do you keep talking about creating threads? We know you didn't create the thread. Do you think that changes what you say because you didn't create the thread? Everyone in that thread knew it was a small sample size. The article was written so obviously the author thought he saw something worth comparing. A lot of people who think they see something special in a player are compared to some of the past greats. Bob Knight compared him to a great. Larry Brown compared him to a great. Perhaps they're comparing what they've seen out of their college games. I don't know but so what? It happens. Everybody can't be crazy while you're the only sane one. Small sample size or otherwise. It's going to happen whether we like it or not. It's not a mob mentality when you address the thing you thought was inaccurate and then you get addressed when you say something inaccurate. You must think you're the only one that can spot inaccuracy.
    You arguing with Throne is more annoying to me than Throne trolling at this point.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •