Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Davis To Miss One To Two Weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Honestly, I'm not following the situation at all because I don't care too at this point. Anytime I read 1-2 weeks or 4-6 weeks or anything else, I just roll my eyes.

I know teams aren't honest with their fans, but this particular organization doesn't have much margin of error.
    I completely agree with this message. I feel the exact same way.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I understand the reasoning behind the misinformation however there are some cons to that approach which have been made evident through the Gordon injuries. Had there been more transparency with his injuries, I think more people would be understanding instead of some people assuming he's dogging it and doesn't want to be here. The fact that a good number of the fanbase believes Gordon is not playing because he is faking it and wants out is not good for business.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    It is clear that you do not know what you are talking about, agreed, but thanks for validating the hypothesis.

They have tons or margins of error . . . you for instance, are still talking about them despite the big talk of alienating the fan base and rolling eyes, etc. You are not alone.
    Just because I'm talking about them doesn't mean anything. I'm not buying tickets, not watching every game. Alot of fans are like that. Attendance doesn't lie either.

Have you really prevented any facts or diagnosis on Davis or Gordon? No just hypothesis. Also, are you the only person here with medical expertise? No

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind the misinformation however there are some cons to that approach which have been made evident through the Gordon injuries. Had there been more transparency with his injuries, I think more people would be understanding instead of some people assuming he's dogging it and doesn't want to be here. The fact that a good number of the fanbase believes Gordon is not playing because he is faking it and wants out is not good for business.
    Even Dr. 42 presented a hypothesis of Gordon holding out until the date on which he could be traded.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Just because I'm talking about them doesn't mean anything. I'm not buying tickets, not watching every game. Alot of fans are like that. Attendance doesn't lie either.

Have you really prevented any facts or diagnosis on Davis or Gordon? No just hypothesis. Also, are you the only person here with medical expertise? No
    He's out 8-16 weeks or w/e because he said so.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    He's out 8-16 weeks or w/e because he said so.
    Yeah, I read that and I'm not suprised considering what he thinks is the diagnosis.

I remember hearing about a stress reaction which is one thing, but a stress fracture is something else. If it is a stress fracture, then he will be out for awhile. A long while.

Alot of this is also on Davis not being physically developed yet.

I still keep up with the team because I like the team. It's my home team. I have already made up in my mind that we probably won't see a real lineup till probably after All Star break. Now actually attending the games? I hardly attend them as it is (for financial reasons). And for as long as the organization lies, I will be even more conservative with my money. Losing seasons, injuries, having no ownership, etc. Hornets fans have been through a lot. All we ask is for some honesty, some clarity, something. Instead, they feel it is best to treat us like a kid whose parent has cancer. "Oh your dad is just a little sick, Baby." The Davis situation is not that bad because they at least told us what was wrong with him. But the whole Gordon situation was horrible. That's why when I read that tweet about them shrugging about Davis missing the whole season, I immediately thought about this turning into a Gordon situation. Can't rule out anything with this organization's history.

I'm sensing a lot of angry and frustrating tones here. Chances are, if you're angry or frustrated, it's probably because you care about the team and are not pleased with certain situations. The team that isn't doing very well right now for whatever reasons. IMO too though, if you're on a team's message board or blog, taking the time to log in to voice your opinions, to agree or disagree, you ARE following the situations. You might not want to admit it or might not want to feel like you are, but, you are.

Either you care about the team or you just come here because some of the best people in the world are here.

If it's a stress fracture, it'll be alot longer than 8-16 weeks.

And AD, I'm just quoting. I don't hear anyone disputing this range for a stress reaction in the ankle. I'd love to be enlightened by another.

Attendance doesn't like either . . . about what it is it is measuring, which is, for this team, wins last year and, to an extent, wins this year. It being down doesn't mean the `world' agrees with anything negative that can be posited about the team.

And yes, I present data (the same data we all have access to) and an analysis of it, something leading to some hypothesis which can be tested when more information comes up. There is nothing wrong with that and that's all I ever do unless I explicitly state otherwise.

So what?

That's inferior to what? Knowing everything about the team and spilling the beans? Well, even if I did, I wouldn't disclose other people's business. So what? What should I be doing instead?

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I'm sensing a lot of angry and frustrating tones here. Chances are, if you're angry or frustrated, it's probably because you care about the team and are not pleased with certain situations. The team that isn't doing very well right now for whatever reasons. IMO too though, if you're on a team's message board or blog, taking the time to log in to voice your opinions, to agree or disagree, you ARE following the situations. You might not want to admit it or might not want to feel like you are, but, you are.
    You sure they aren't 'rebels' or 'edgy' or just psuedo-contrarian psuedo-intellectuals?

Or maybe we can just compare the situation to that of a train wreck in that we just can't seem to look away.

Either you care about the team or you just come here because some of the best people in the world are here.
    I'm just here trolling to be honest

I understand both sides of the discussion.

As a die hard fan the last thing you want to feel like is that you're being jerked around. Lying to keep people interested is a dangerous tactic. You don't want your fanbase to start tuning out your announcements.

I'm just here trolling to be honest
    This is total BS. You were excited about this season. You made those threads posting the advanced metrics until we started losing, then you stopped. You are just a fare weather fan. You root for the team when we win, and you bash us on Spurstalk when we aren't playing well. Just chill man.

Oh, and by the way, I think it's hilarious that you just admitted to being a troll, yet you call Da Throne "Da Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    This is total BS. You were excited about this season. You made those threads posting the advanced metrics until we started losing, then you stopped. You are just a fare weather fan. You root for the team when we win, and you bash us on Spurstalk when we aren't playing well. Just chill man.

Oh, and by the way, I think it's hilarious that you just admitted to being a troll, yet you call Da Throne "Da Troll."
    I'm not fair weathered. I'm just realistic. I've followed the Saints, Hornets, and Royals most of my life and I'm much older than you so I've experienced a lot more losing than you could imagine. I'm not in college anymore or a single guy so I have other priorities (like my Sim League team ). I still watch when I can, but when the team isn't consistently playing hard, I draw a line.

I don't bash this team. I'm just honest. People don't like it because they're too emotionally attached. I'm a die hard fan, but I'm not a homer and i never will be.
    Last edited by Pelicans78; 12-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Alright guys. Let's not start calling each other homers and challenging each others fanhood just because you don't agree. Just because one doesn't agree doesn't make them homers or 'unrealistic'. People see things differently and have differences of opinion.

I'm not fair weathered. I'm just realistic. I've followed the Saints, Hornets, and Royals most of my life and I'm much older than you so I've experienced a lot more losing than you could imagine. I'm not in college anymore or a single guy so I have other priorities (like my Sim League team ). I still watch when I can, but when the team isn't consistently playing hard, I draw a line.

I don't bash this team. I'm just honest. People don't like it because they're too emotionally attached. I'm a die hard fan, but I'm not a homer and i never will be.

Also, Da Throne makes up stuff to start arguments. I only post factual stuff.
    I have never said anything on this board to "start" an argument. It's not my fault people can't handle alternative views. As far as "making stuff up" if that means forming my own opinion and not being a sheep then guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I have never said anything on this board to "start" an argument. It's not my fault people can't handle alternative views. As far as "making stuff up" if that means forming my own opinion and not being a sheep then guilty as charged.
    Honestly, I shouldn't mentioned you in this thread. I'll edit my post.

Oh is that what they're calling it now?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

78 isn't a fair weathered fan. Just a disappointed one, like all of us.

Honestly, I shouldn't mentioned you in this thread. I'll edit my post.
    In your defense you were just responding to someone else who clearly didn't know you where joking.

But to my point the whole attacking name calling thing is way over done for the smallest of reasons. If you are posting on this board with regularity you're clearly a fan. How you choose to be a fan or how you grade the team should be your prerogative.

Oh is that what they're calling it now?
    It depends on where you post. On a over the top pro Hornets forum yes saying things that is not positive is the alternative view.

It depends on where you post. On a over the top pro Hornets forum yes saying things that is not positive is the alternative view.
    I'm pretty sure most here know that they will not be agreed with on every topic. What I do think is over the top though is when you feel the need to run into every thread about a particular player mocking any and everyone that says anything positive about that player. I don't think people here don't call you a troll because you disagree with them or because you have an 'alternative view'. They call you a troll because you feel the need to challenge every single thing positive said about the player. Do you honestly think people don't know your feelings on this player by now? You've thrown out a few positives yourself but I don't know if it's because you believe it or because you don't want anyone saying you NEVER have anything positive to say.

I'm pretty sure most here know that they will not be agreed with on every topic. What I do think is over the top though is when you feel the need to run into every thread about a particular player mocking any and everyone that says anything positive about that player. I don't think people here don't call you a troll because you disagree with them or because you have an 'alternative view'. They call you a troll because you feel the need to challenge every single thing positive said about the player. Do you honestly think people don't know your feelings on this player by now? You've thrown out a few positives yourself but I don't know if it's because you believe it or because you don't want anyone saying you NEVER have anything positive to say.
    Hey I don't run into just any thread and give my opinion it's in the appropriate thread started by another person. And usually somebody has called me out in those threads.

If somebody can make a million threads about the same person and It's ok for everybody to make similiar if not the same the type comments why is it a problem when I do the same?

Even now you want to assume that I'm positive only to avoid coming across negative. Which is a very silly disposition. I'm the only one usually approaching any discussion with any kind of open mindedness and/or maturity.

Hey I don't run into just any thread and give my opinion it's in the appropriate thread started by another person. And usually somebody has called me out in those threads.

If somebody can make a million threads about the same person and It's ok for everybody to make similiar if not the same the type comments why is it a problem when I do the same?

Even now you want to assume that I'm positive only to avoid coming across negative. Which is a very silly disposition. I'm the only one usually approaching any discussion with any kind of open mindedness and/or maturity.
    So no one else is open minded or mature now? And you do run into every thread to challenge and mock anything anyone has to say positive about the guy. If you don't run into every one of them, you run into at least 98% of them. There are others that go into the threads not agreeing on some things as well but I haven't seen anyone do it in 98% of those threads. And I can understand you wanting to peek into the threads to see if you're being called out. That's a form of baiting that needs to stop.

Thread Information