Pelicans Report

Thread: N/H Kings trying to move to the 757 Virginia Beach

N/H Kings trying to move to the 757 Virginia Beach

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/1...gs-may-ask-for Isn't this a resort town near the coast with Hurricane Issues or am I losing my mind?

Re: N/H Kings trying to move to the 757 Virginia Beach

^ that description sounds kinda like NOLA, lol.

My opinion on the Kings potentially moving is and always has been "**** the Maloofs."

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Shout out to NWA.

I feel like this is old news that got shot down a while back. IDK could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    I feel like this is old news that got shot down a while back. IDK could be wrong.
    Nope, I think you're right. This has been thrown out in the rumor mill before.

The question is why there?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Lol I'm going to med school near there!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Lol I'm going to med school near there!
    In Norfolk?

It's a relatively big, relatively isolated market. Most of the big markets are saturated or there is worry about over saturation of a region.

Tom Ziller wrote this today. It is real, or at least enough people have convinced him.

I have a ton of respect for him, and I take anything he says about the Kings particularly very seriously.

our Hurricane issue more or less compares to a dog peeing on your leg

I lived there for 5 years before going to Bama. It would be a great move IMO. Not just Va. Beach, people from Norfolk, Chesapeake, heck maybe even Portsmouth, Hampton, and Newport News would all support the team. Just Va Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake combined (all extremely close to each other) is a bigger market a lot half the league.

the location of where they want to build the arena is right near the Va beach/Norfolk line so it wouldn't be to bad. I also say as a Norfolk resident on and off for the past 20 plus years and currently living smack in the middle of down town i am thank full the team isn't coming to Norfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    In Norfolk?
    Yah haha are u from around the area?

Im on the boat that says this has been talked about already and shot down, why is it resurfacing?
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Im on the boat that says this has been talked about already and shot down, why is it resurfacing?

because it isnt dead yet? Va Beach had city meeting on it all day yesterday along with comcast who would be footing some of the money

Quote Originally Posted by BobEII View Post
    because it isnt dead yet? Va Beach had city meeting on it all day yesterday along with comcast who would be footing some of the money
    I was under the impression it was dead

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    I was under the impression it was dead
    I was too and I still put it as a long shot. IIRC the city council etc met yesterday with there proposals along with big wig from comcast. they are proposing a hotel/restaurant (I think) tax to help with cost and also money from comcast with the state footing the rest. I know there is a vote in march.

My personal opinion is it wont happen but Va Beach is doing all they can to make it happen

Yah haha are u from around the area?
    No but my ex girlfriend goes to EVMS so I used to visit there all the time. Not a bad place.

^^ haha yah thats where i'm at now. Norfolk is starting to grow on me but I end up driving to VA beach whenever I can to hang out there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    No but my ex girlfriend goes to EVMS so I used to visit there all the time. Not a bad place.
    I live right next to EVMS

^^ haha yah thats where i'm at now. Norfolk is starting to grow on me but I end up driving to VA beach whenever I can to hang out there instead.
    Norfolk really isnt that bad. I rail on the place all the time but it has grown on me over the years. its one of those places you just need to know where to go. As far as Va beach I cant even remember last time I went there

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    ^ that description sounds kinda like NOLA, lol.

My opinion on the Kings potentially moving is and always has been "**** the Maloofs."

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    +1

They had a great team with rabid fans in a basketball-mad city, and yet somehow managed to screw it all up.

@#$! the Maloofs
    "I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 auto-gyro?"

Quote Originally Posted by BobEII View Post
    I live right next to EVMS

Norfolk really isnt that bad. I rail on the place all the time but it has grown on me over the years. its one of those places you just need to know where to go. As far as Va beach I cant even remember last time I went there

I was there 2 years ago. It's still beautiful and bustling. I still believe that any larger city in VA is fertile ground for an NBA team. Every place I go seems to be dripping with Duke and UNC fans. Neither the Wizards or Bobcats have a large following. A new team could be very attractive to some fans. Plus, some of the tourists would want to see their teams, which would help ticket sales.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information