Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Nuggets

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Nuggets

What's up with javele? He's too good to sit on the bench and yes I think he's good

rivers makes a layup!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just do that the rest of the season. Attack. Get aggressive. Someone's gotta try and take over.

Did I just see rivers finished after contact?!

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    What's up with javele? He's too good to sit on the bench and yes I think he's good
    You sure about that?

Hehe.

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Nuggets

I'm sorry. I take that back about McGee

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    He makes bad decisions on the court.

miller is a good shooter from that corner 3

There's ZERO excuse not to play Miller for at least 15mpg. No Excuse!

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    CP4MVP and HunnyB...think about it. What are the better options for our offense, outside of drawing up 3 point plays for Ryan Anderson every possession? Let Vasquez iso & pick and roll to death when he can't blow by anyone, especially against Lawson and Iguodala (We've seen how that has turned out)? Iso to Aminu, Mason, or Roberts??

Lopez was showing some competency with in the low-post in the beginning of the season. He's struggled lately though. But what better options do we have for offense right now?

Like Eman just said, somebody has to try and generate shots...

I guess Rivers need to be taking an impossible layup to get it to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    CP4MVP and HunnyB...think about it. What are the better options for our offense, outside of drawing up 3 point plays for Ryan Anderson every possession? Let Vasquez iso & pick and roll to death when he can't blow by anyone, especially against Lawson and Iguodala (We've seen how that has turned out)? Iso to Aminu, Mason, or Roberts??

Lopez was showing some competency with in the low-post in the beginning of the season. He's struggled lately though. But what better options do we have for offense right now?
    Keep in mind, Lopez is our only post option right now.

That's what people want Davis to do. Jump at everything like some kind of skiddish deer.

Austin Rivers is just worst rookie this year. Hornets so stupid to pick him as #10.

Joel Meyers: Nothing like a good ol' fashioned carry.
    aka Hornet Blood

Credit: wopester

Roberts is soooo selfish!

If Rivers will succeed in this league, it'll be like this. Using his head and awareness. He's not an elite enough athlete to win on just being really quick. He'll have to be clever and cagey. A technician, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    Austin Rivers is just worst rookie this year. Hornets so stupid to pick him as #10.
    He is raw. This was to be expected when he came in. We're thinking long-term at this
    Ballin

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I know. We've been spoiled to low-post threats for the past several seasons with West and Landry...guys you can just dump the ball down low to and get a basket. Lopez has nowhere near the post game that those two guys have, but he's literally all we have. Even last year we had Jack at PG, who when worse came to worse, despite the hoggish tendencies, could get past the perimeter and get his own shot.

Right now we have several players who are playing bigger roles than they should be playing. Vasquez would look 10x better as a complimentary guy to Gordon like he was supposed to be. Lopez should not be getting as much post-isos as he's getting. So yeah, they are looking really bad right now.

I turned the game off. I've grown really sick and tired of watching my team struggle shorthanded, KNOWING FULL WELL that they should be better than this.

Doesn't seem like when Aminu has to play 3s who are just as long and athletic as he is, he is rendered useless?

Could this team really be this bad? What happened to the team playing hard or at least looking like they cared about the game

Quote Originally Posted by Razorpens View Post
    He is raw. This was to be expected when he came in. We're thinking long-term at this
    Long-Term losing games. He suppose to be a good shooter, and he can't even make a single three pointer per game. He struggle with his drive and turnovers. I don't see long-term in his game.

Rivers really does have terrible touch around the basket.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mlozio View Post
    Long-Term losing games. He suppose to be a good shooter, and he can't even make a single three pointer per game. He struggle with his drive and turnovers. I don't see long-term in his game.
    Everything you said is something most rookies tend to improve on. I don't get your point bruh
    Last edited by CarwinLikeWhoa; 11-25-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    His post game is terrible, too slow, too easy to guard.

Thread Information