Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    This makes no sense .. He has no pain . He should be playing then . I have never heard of this ..
    The MRI found that hot spot (stress reaction) which I'm guessing has something to do with why he's tweaked that ankle three times in as many days. We don't like it but they're not putting him out there if they think it could end up worse.

Davis said Sunday after the team's shootaround at a downtown hotel that a precautionary MRI following three ankle sprains in as many days revealed the problem, which is a precursor to a more serious stress fracture that would likely manifest itself without rest and rehabilitation.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Vasquez, finally showing some vision.
    Huh? There are holes in Vasquez's game, most of which are physical, but I wouldn't consider court vision/passing awareness one of them. Maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    was that Ryan Bowen on the Nuggets bench??
    It sure looked like it. I had to rewind my tivo earlier when I was watching the game.

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Nuggets

I guess Gordon thinks were not ready

Humor is reason gone mad Savagetaint's Avatar
    I would really like Anderson/Davis to be the starting front court and Lopez/Smith off the bench. It would open the floor up so much more for the offense.
    Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    Huh? There are holes in Vasquez's game, most of which are physical, but I wouldn't consider court vision/passing awareness one of them. Maybe that's just me.
    His assist mostly come from obvious passes. Rarely does he penetrate and find open people. I've seen him miss Anderson and Aminu more that I'd like to admit.

There we go leaving guys wide open
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

these will be ryno's 8th and 9th free throws of the season

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    The MRI found that hot spot (stress reaction) which I'm guessing has something to do with why he's tweaked that ankle three times in as many days. We don't like it but they're not putting him out there if they think it could end up worse.
    But that's a bone thing, right? I thought sprains are about your ligaments. Is it the part where the bone meets the ligaments or something?

I thought Smith saw him, but apparently his X button is has lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    But that's a bone thing, right? I thought sprains are about your ligaments. Is it the part where the bone meets the ligaments or something?
    He may be unconsciously adjust how he uses his foot/ankle due to the stress. He may not feel anything, but may be compensating without knowing.

faried is hitting everything

I'm no doctor but I think his might be a bone thing which is why Davis said this is unrelated to the sprain he had during the Olympics tryout.

Here's just one of the things I found when reading up on it today.

What exactly does it mean when an MRI reveals "heat" spots and how is that different from a stress fracture? I certainly had no idea, so before Saturday's game against Charlotte, I sat down for a few minutes with J.J. Bush, the Maryland basketball team's athletic trainer, to try to gain some clarity.

Bush said physical stress on bones and tendons in the human body has a similar result to repeatedly bending a coat hanger back and forth.

"After you bent it for a while and you put your finger on it, the metal would be hot, just from the stress," Bush said. "If you continued to bend it, then it would probably break. So the first part, the stress reaction, is a definition within itself. It's a reaction of your body to stress. It could be a muscle, could be a bone. In this case, we're talking about bones."

Bush said bones react to mounting physical stress by becoming thicker. There are cells called osteoblasts, which are designed to help build up the bone. There also are cells called osteoclasts, which have the opposite intention of breaking down the bone. Both types of cells are at work at the same time, and as long as there is a balance, no problem exists.

However, if the stress is greater than the bone can withstand, that's when the body starts developing what Bush called "heat action."

"It's when the stress is too great that the body can't rebuild the cells at the same rate," Bush said. "So that's like the coat hanger, if you keep bending it and bending it, it gets hot and that's a reaction to the stress you're putting onto the wire. If you continue to bend it, if you don't reduce the stress or stop the stress, and you continue to bend the wire, then it's going to break."

Typically, Bush said, stress fractures begin as stress reactions (or "heat spots," as they are revealed on MRI exams). The goal, then, is to eliminate the stresser, be it running, jumping or whatever physical activity is the source of the repeated pounding.
    Bush said stress reactions likely are far more common than they are actually reported or diagnosed. He said either the players don't report it or the trainers see it but only hold the players back a little bit because the players believe they can play through the pain.

However, Bush said, if you don't reduce the stress and the reaction continues, the chances of the bone cracking increases, which leads to a stress fracture.
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ter...fractures.html

I don't understand why Miller is not getting playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I'm no doctor but I think his might be a bone thing which is why Davis said this is unrelated to the sprain he had during the Olympics tryout.

Here's just one of the things I found when reading up on it today.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ter...fractures.html
    I see. But from the sounds of this, since it isn't even a break, there's no telling when this will...heal. Even though there's not really anything TO heal. It just needs to find the equilibrium.

14 min and 0 boards for lopez..he is too unathletic..hoped he isnt on the team next yr

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    14 min and 0 boards for lopez..he is too unathletic..hoped he isnt on the team next yr
    He's still large and the most skilled center we've had since...ever.

I don't count Charlotte years.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    His assist mostly come from obvious passes. Rarely does he penetrate and find open people.
    Maybe. I know from last season that he has the ability to make some nifty passes when penetrating or in transition. Problem is, his speed limits him from penetrating very often, especially this season playing against starting units more often than not. And while I guess he does seem to rack up on the "easy assists"...if they are so easy, why don't more point guards post assist numbers like he does? It might just be that he is more of a willing passer than most.

He's still large and the most skilled center we've had since...ever.

I don't count Charlotte years.
    Skilled at what? Tyson was a much better player than Robin.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The hate for Lopez is insane. He might not be a game changing center but he has value. We were rebounding just fine so that tells me he's effectively boxing out. He has 2 points, 2 steals, and 2 block shots so far. He is playing just fine.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Wtf Vasquez.

vazquez has been very careless today

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Skilled at what? Tyson was a much better player than Robin.
    Offensively. And he's shooting 76% from the line. I'm only talking about when our past centers played with the Hornets. I guess I gotta put Kaman over him...though. Forgot about him.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    The hate for Lopez is insane. He might not be a game changing center but he has value. We were rebounding just fine so that tells me he's effectively boxing out. He has 2 points, 2 steals, and 2 block shots so far. He is playing just fine.
    I hate Lopez the starting center that averages nearly 29 minutes a night.

I'm fine with Lopez the backup big who averages nearly half that a night.

this could get ugly quick if they are going to keep iggy on vazquez

Thread Information