Pelicans Report

Thread: BLUNT IS POETIC

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar

BLUNT IS POETIC

Talk about all the metrics and stats your lil heart desires. if you care to dwell in the land of PER do so at your own risk.The Hornet needs are obvious and glaring as far as I am concerned.

POINT GUARD: Need an upgrade...have a nice backup as a starter...need a guard with more speed who can think the game as a guard and put pressure on the defense in the open floor....all pt guards must be able to shoot the ball.

SCORING SWING: the team is not a good JUMP SHOOTING team...( Gordon is not available) still there is a need here....along with the jump shooting ..get into the lane...change of direction.....need scoring! Ignore this at your own risk....

I could go on with deeper details but my eyes do not decieve me...Folks the game reveals all......I've looked at several game situations over the course of this young season.......

You need guys that can put the pill on the floor...change direction and score.........

Defense we can talk about later...
    1-What does not move is dead.What has speed,and mobilty has more possibilities,more life...quickness creates luck.

2- Your Defense is only as good as your HELP/ROTATING defenders.

3-Games are won while the ball is in the air.

4- You design your roster to win a 7 game series not a one game confrontation.

The Opinion Business Contributor gerryv's Avatar
    Read #1.....What adds life? Possibilities? Luck?......repeat the answer over and over....its not just straight line quickness thats speed...quickness is stop and go,change of direction etc....

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I agree with both points. I think that Grevis would be one of the most effective bench players in the league, but I am ok with him leading the team right now; We can't change everything overnight and he has an infectious enthusiasm that benefits this team well. Hopefully Austin becomes the man to address both of these issues.

Thread Information