Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: 2003 NBA Free Agency: Sources!

2003 NBA Free Agency: Sources!

Yea but I was 9 mil under the cap when I offered that too him hoping I would sign bonzi or spree

2003 NBA Free Agency: Sources!

Ad I finally got in the index earlier at school. Got really excited and now it doesn't work again at my place. Anyone know why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Yea but I was 9 mil under the cap when I offered that too him hoping I would sign bonzi or spree
    That is true, looks like you shouldn't have been able to use it. Maybe it's not an exception, just a regular 1yr 4.5 deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's probably just 4.5 over a year. Had quite a few people offer players the LLE and MLE when they couldn't use it. So instead they just got 1.2 and 4.5 deals.

UPDATE: (11/29/12 11:27 AM)
    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    C Vlade Divac and the Bucks have agreed to a 3 year 21 million dollar deal, sources say.
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Sources confirm, Greg Ostertag and Celtics agree to 4 year/21M dollar deal
    Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
    Kings have agreed on 3 year deals for both Keith Van Horn and Big Z.
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Y! Sources: Donyell Marshall and New York Knicks have agreed to a big one year deal.
    Kurt Helin @basketballtalk about 31 minutes ago
    Al Harrington has 1 season to prove his worth in Denver.
    Jazz sign Jonathan Bender.
    Wizards sign David Harrison.
    Sonics sign Darrell Armstrong.
    Celtics sign Lamond Murray.
    Blazers sign Jahidi White.
    Pacers sign Morris Peterson.
    76ers sign Erick Dampier.
    Suns sign Ron Artest.
    Blazers sign Christian Laettner.
    Celtics sign Walter McCarty.
    Lakers sign Shawn Bradley.

Is there more to come? I feel like this is missing some key free-agents.

Yeah we'll have another in a day or two

Oh ok, I thought that was the final round.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Welcome back, Vlade!

Knicks really? Twice?

Sources say gm is preparing statement and he isn't going to hold back...check celtics press release thread in articles section shortly
    Last edited by Conroy; 11-29-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    #FREEQUAIL

Tell magic and nuggets thank you for picking up his crappy contracts that he needed to move in order to get cap space

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsFaninKY View Post
    Knicks really? Twice?

Sources say gm is preparing statement and he isn't going to hold back...check celtics press release thread in articles section shortly
    Yeah those one year deals are pretty shady.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah those one year deals are pretty shady.
    Contract
    Loyalty: 96
    Greed: 9
    Play For Winner: 84
    Bird Years: 3

That's Donyell Marshalls "contract stats" I offered him the max I could for 6 years. I hope I can properly repond to how I feel about this in the article section.

Contract
    Loyalty: 96
    Greed: 9
    Play For Winner: 84
    Bird Years: 3

That's Donyell Marshalls "contract stats" I offered him the max I could for 6 years. I hope I can properly repond to how I feel about this in the article section.
    I told you he didn't have bird years after you declined him the first go around, your max was like 590K a year.

It's the same thing that happened to Tim Hardaway and KVH and someone bailed him out of those contracts so he could profit off of those deals twice. Now Gary Payton and Marshall. Not sure what can be done about it. Nothing he did was illegal, just kind of rubs me wrong.

That is the main reason I was pushing for the one year deals to be untradeable, in the NBA a player on a 1 year deal can veto any trade

if we dont implement this rule, we will see more GMs follow the knicks in just giving out 1 year deals every year and trading it mid-season for better assets

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I told you he didn't have bird years after you declined him the first go around, your max was like 590K a year.
    Please dont' take this wrong way AD23 (I still want to call you CP3) I'm really taking my frustration out on Knicks and am not mad at you at all. But I wasn't aware the contracts I was offering were invalid until yesterday. Did rejecting his intitial offer eliminate his bird years?

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has 3 or more bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 7 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 12.5% of the value of the first year of the contract

3) The player can receive the larger of the maximum salary based on his experience and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

Marshall has 3 bird years.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    That is the main reason I was pushing for the one year deals to be untradeable, in the NBA a player on a 1 year deal can veto any trade

if we dont implement this rule, we will see more GMs follow the knicks in just giving out 1 year deals every year and trading it mid-season for better assets
    I agreed with this before, and I'll agree with this again.

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post

The real issue is teams in his position, which is alarmingly high, can do this while they still have guys on rookie deals and "trick" the game into think it's the best deal instead of taking the secure route. I don't think he plans on trading them this time around, unless things go far south for him. I think the reason it rubs me wrong is because it's kind of a loophole in the cpu's logic.

Please dont' take this wrong way AD23 (I still want to call you CP3) I'm really taking my frustration out on Knicks and am not mad at you at all. But I wasn't aware the contracts I was offering were invalid until yesterday. Did rejecting his intitial offer eliminate his bird years?

If a player is resigning with his previous team and has 3 or more bird years:

1) The contract can be for up to 7 seasons.

2) The player can receive a raise each year of up to 12.5% of the value of the first year of the contract

3) The player can receive the larger of the maximum salary based on his experience and 120% of his previous salary in the first year of the contract.

Marshall has 3 bird years.
    What was his deal last year?

It's the same thing that happened to Tim Hardaway and KVH and someone bailed him out of those contracts so he could profit off of those deals twice. Now Gary Payton and Marshall. Not sure what can be done about it. Nothing he did was illegal, just kind of rubs me wrong.
    No the difference is I actually expect to contend this year, so I seriously doubt Payton and Marshall go anywhere. If my team looked like it could make a decent playoff run I would've kept Hardaway and KVH. and Payton is my starting SG.

lol how does someone "bail me out" of expiring deals?

What was his deal last year?

And this most recent sim I offered 6 years 5.1 million 10%, didn't realize it was 12.5%

earlier I was offering 6.5 mill and 8 mill because I forgot about the 120% rule and just randomly read it the other night. I've been super busy lately and have been doing nearly all of this FA stuff from my phone.

Lets just make those 1year deals(except for the minimum ones) untradeable.

[QUOTE=AD23;1006374]No the difference is I actually expect to contend this year, so I seriously doubt Payton and Marshall go anywhere. If my team looked like it could make a decent playoff run I would've kept Hardaway and KVH. and Payton is my starting SG.

Right which is exactly what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsohard
    I don't think he plans on trading them this time around, unless things go far south for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    lol how does someone "bail me out" of expiring deals?
    You know exactly what I mean because we talked about it. Bailed you out means not profiting off of the same player twice and refusing to do a deal with you.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I'm glad I got at least Jahidi White....front court of Dale Davis, kelvin Cato, K Mart, and White. Defense but I wanted a sf more so than a big.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information