.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: The Missing Piece: Reclamation Projects

  1. #26
    The Franchise Big-EZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    New Orleans/Arabi
    Posts
    1,515
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Cousins... totally dominating the game tonight vs Utah. Just got ejected... The guy definitely needs a change of scenery. I think our locker room is great for him, and Monty won't put up with his BS. The Kings have got to be frustrated with him right now... Strike while the iron is hot!
    It was a BS ejection... he didn't deserve it. I think the refs don't like him honestly
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

  2. #27
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,498
    Cousins will be in Sacramento, or wherever they play, past his next contract. They already fired a coach for him, they arn't scared to pay him.

  3. #28
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    2,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Cousins will be in Sacramento, or wherever they play, past his next contract. They already fired a coach for him, they arn't scared to pay him.
    you are probably right, but I would be willing to give him a shot here....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  4. #29
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,725

    The Missing Piece: Reclamation Projects

    I would stay away from Cousins. His issues are psychological. Until he gets those addressed, no one else will get through to him.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  5. #30
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,498
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    you are probably right, but I would be willing to give him a shot here....
    Most definitely, I'm just injecting some realism

  6. #31
    We have one of the best young front court rotations in the league. Our back court loses games for us. Why spend a lot of money on Cousins when we need to invest in our back court?

    How about Brandon Rush as a "reclamation project"? Tore his ACL at the beginning of the year and has a player option for $4 mil next season. He is a career 41.3% 3 point shooter and is known as a great defender at his position. Think Aminu with less athleticism, but you don't hold your breath every time he shoots or puts the ball on the floor. We could give him the MLE ($5 mil/year). That may be enough to get him to decline his player option. The market should be low for him with the ACL issue.

    Overpay for Brandon Jennings and you've got:

    Jennings/Vasquez/Roberts
    Gordon/Rivers/Mason
    Rush/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Thomas
    Lopez/Smith

    Plus our first round pick.

  7. #32
    The Witch Doctor NemesisKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ask Your Wife
    Posts
    935
    Can anyone refresh my memory on Gordon and his ability to veto trades. How long can he do that for in this first year?

  8. #33
    The Franchise kinglio21093's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,368
    I don't know why people want to bring Cousins and JR Smith over here. Both are incredibly immature players. They both would ruin the chemistry the team has. Dell and Monty said they want to bring in guys with CHARACTER. Smith and Cousins lack in that category.

  9. #34
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,906
    Thread's going good. No one has used my berserk button word (not the T one).

    If JR Smith or Cousins are gettable I'd make that move.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I don't know why people want to bring Cousins and JR Smith over here. Both are incredibly immature players. They both would ruin the chemistry the team has. Dell and Monty said they want to bring in guys with CHARACTER. Smith and Cousins lack in that category.
    But that is the whole point of the piece. Sometimes guys who are poor character guys finally mature after a change of scenery and the teams are rewarded for taking that chance. If Monty and Dell are such strong motivators, perhaps they can get through to an Evans or a Cousins, etc.

    Not many ways to add elite talent and even fewer to add them for cheap. Sometimes you have to take a chance. If a player like Cousins had no baggage, we would never have a shot at him. I am not advocating for any of these guys per se, but a good GM has to at least consider it. I mean, this GM gambled that a guy who always gets injured will get healthy. How is that different than gambling that a guy who gets in trouble will clean up his act. Both are equally likely IMO
    @mcnamara247

  11. #36
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,906
    Not to mention that one has more to do with choices. Which can be influenced. A change of scenery could do wonders for Cousins. Also, if I'm not mistaken, Cousins is from Mobile. Which is a 2 hour and a half drive away.

  12. #37
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    What kinds of homeboys does he have from Mobile? Being close to family is fine but if he has bad influencing homeboys he don't need to be near them.

  13. #38
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,906
    Don't matter. His mama don't look like she play that.


  14. #39
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Is his mama moving to New Orleans with him?

  15. #40
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,928
    I don't think JR Smith is a bad character guy, just a fool.

    He and Cousins are very different.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  16. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Thread's going good. No one has used my berserk button word (not the T one).

    If JR Smith or Cousins are gettable I'd make that move.
    Basketball I.Q.?

  17. #42
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,727
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Is his mama moving to New Orleans with him?
    mama's pretty tall.

  18. #43
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,906
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Basketball I.Q.?
    Never a fan of that one, but, now that's definitely not it.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    We have one of the best young front court rotations in the league. Our back court loses games for us. Why spend a lot of money on Cousins when we need to invest in our back court?

    How about Brandon Rush as a "reclamation project"? Tore his ACL at the beginning of the year and has a player option for $4 mil next season. He is a career 41.3% 3 point shooter and is known as a great defender at his position. Think Aminu with less athleticism, but you don't hold your breath every time he shoots or puts the ball on the floor. We could give him the MLE ($5 mil/year). That may be enough to get him to decline his player option. The market should be low for him with the ACL issue.

    Overpay for Brandon Jennings and you've got:

    Jennings/Vasquez/Roberts
    Gordon/Rivers/Mason
    Rush/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Thomas
    Lopez/Smith

    Plus our first round pick.
    Jennings would be a perfect fit ! I cant believe WHAT the Bucks are paying him ! Its like a blue-light special at K-Mart ! AND, if you want a JR Smith without the Punk Gene >> Grab Marcus Thornton

  20. #45
    The Witch Doctor NemesisKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ask Your Wife
    Posts
    935
    Eric Gordon for Tyreke Evans and Marcus Thornton. Evans plays SF, Aminu strengthens the bench. Thornton adds punch to Anderson's efforts off the bench as a Crawford/Harden(Thunder) type.

    1st round pick for Brandon Jennings, add filler and/or take back a contract to make it work.

    Jennings/Vasquez/Rivers/Roberts(if not a filler)
    Rivers/Thornton/Mason(if not a filler)Miller
    Evans/Aminu/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Smith
    Lopez/Smith/Hassan Whiteside

  21. #46
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kaplan, LA
    Posts
    494
    I like Cousins, definately an upgrade but I'd hate to give up too much to get him. Lopez is a nice spot starter but I hate watching a 7 footer get out jumped and Cousins gives you more offense as well.

    Rush would be awesome but I think he'll be cheap at the end of year since hell still be rehabbing.

    Rivers/Vasquez
    Gordon/Rivers/Mason/Rush
    1st round pick/Aminu/Miller
    Davis/Anderson/Thomas
    Lopez/Smith

    I think a first round pick of either PG or SF, and if Gordon doesn't want to play for us, ship him to the highest bidder. If he plays this year, we should be able to get 2 first round picks. Even if its a first this year and one later its better than him not playing here. Don't misunderstand that I want him to leave. I want him to be a cornerstone of our franchise along with Davis but if he doesn't want to be here or can't stay healthy lets move on.

  22. #47
    Cousins is also a great rebounder. He knows how to use that big body.

  23. #48
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,906
    Pause.

  24. #49
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Pause.

  25. #50
    RIP HunnyB iNolaNightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bestbank
    Posts
    1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Jennings would be a perfect fit ! I cant believe WHAT the Bucks are paying him ! Its like a blue-light special at K-Mart ! AND, if you want a JR Smith without the Punk Gene >> Grab Marcus Thornton
    Just got done with all that ridiculous/bad contract crap and I don't want it back, and that's exactly what Thornton is.
    "Its important to us to bring in good people, people who can fit in the locker room and people you want to root and cheer for. People that want to win. Were trying to build for the long haul. -Dell Demps

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •