Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ryan Anderson was a steal of a signing.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This is why I was so confused during the offseason when Lopez had five times as many posts dedicated to him and 10 times as many views compared to Ryan Anderson. Anderson was the second best FA in this class behind D-Will and getting him was a coup. Meanwhile, I really dont think Lopez will be here in 2 years.

I really can't wait to see this team offensively once Davis and Gordon come back and take the minutes we are giving the Lance Thomas's, Xavier Henry's and Roger Mason's of the world. I think defense will be a season long struggle, but this could be a top 5 offense when we are 100% healthy
    Interest in the unknown. I wouldn't say everyone expect this much production, but everyone expected production at an efficent rate. Lopez is more of an unknown. we know anderson fits in the big picture, weren't sure about Lopez.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Ryan's rating is 69 in 2K13. That is laughable.

Anyone know how to get him to spot up outside three in the game, especially in transition?
    Have to mess with tendancies i think.

Ryan Anderson was a steal of a signing.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Have to mess with tendancies i think.
    I tend to make him pick and fade near the three point line once people catch on to it, it's PnR all day

There is a play called "41 something" that you can run for him and it gets him open looks behind the arc 7 out of 10 times. Money play
    @mcnamara247

Some shots will be gone with a guy that will lead the team in shot attempts and another one who has been efficent. The priority for Anderson to shoot will go down. I could see his % going up though.
    I would be totally cool with this.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Interest in the unknown. I wouldn't say everyone expect this much production, but everyone expected production at an efficent rate. Lopez is more of an unknown. we know anderson fits in the big picture, weren't sure about Lopez.
    first of all, Lopez plays hard and has actually exceeded all my expectations....secondly though, I am just not big on his long term future here....I, for one, will be keeping an eye on that kid from New Zealand who is playing at Pitt this year....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

I started writing this post to tell everyone to slow down on the Ryan Anderson talk. That we should wait to see him do this for 82 games. That the Magic got off to a hot start last year because of Ryno and slowed down as people began developing game plans to stop him.

Then I tried to get to 30 guys I'd rather have than him...... and I barely got there. If he can keep this up, and as he spreads the floor when Davis and Gordon are back.....yeah he will be top 30. FWIW my .02

PG (Paul, WB, Jrue, Rondo, Jennings, D-Will, Kyrie, Parker)8
    SG (Kobe, Harden, PP) 3
    SF (AI, Durant, LBJ, Melo, Deng, Gay) 6
    PF (Duncan, Ibaka, Bosh, KG, LaM, Davis, Love, Griffin) 8
    C ( Howard, Pau, Noah, Varejao, Al) 5

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock24 View Post
    I started writing this post to tell everyone to slow down on the Ryan Anderson talk. That we should wait to see him do this for 82 games. That the Magic got off to a hot start last year because of Ryno and slowed down as people began developing game plans to stop him.

Then I tried to get to 30 guys I'd rather have than him...... and I barely got there. If he can keep this up, and as he spreads the floor when Davis and Gordon are back.....yeah he will be top 30. FWIW my .02

PG (Paul, WB, Jrue, Rondo, Jennings, D-Will, Kyrie, Parker)8
    SG (Kobe, Harden, PP) 3
    SF (AI, Durant, LBJ, Melo, Deng, Gay) 6
    PF (Duncan, Ibaka, Bosh, KG, LaM, Davis, Love, Griffin) 8
    C ( Howard, Pau, Noah, Varejao, Al) 5
    I would put him over Griffen, Varejao, and Ibaka, but overall, that list is pretty good.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Thanks HunnyB! Good read. I love Randerson.

Posted this column about Ryan Anderson on H247 today which y'all may enjoy:

Life without Superman – Ryan Anderson’s first month as a Hornet
    Hornets247 - Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Anderson
    I think we have a really special group and a special coaching staff. Obviously we’re looking toward the future with this young group, but I love playing with them because of how close we are. It’s fun to get to know the tendencies of each guy, and we’re learning that every game. We’re getting better at that. For me, I want to be on a team that’s going to build to do something special. That’s what is most important to me. When it comes to stats, there are places I could go where I could get every shot and every touch, but that’s not important. I want to be on a team to win and build up and have a close group that fights together. That’s what we have. I’m excited about the team aspect of it. For my career, I think that’s what I’m looking forward to.
    This guy is awesome.

Someone thankfully put together the highlights from the Phoenix game, for those who didnt get a chance to watch it... This was just beautiful to watch....

Still can't believe we lost that game!

Thread Information