.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 64

Thread: Ryan Anderson was a steal of a signing.

  1. #26
    I can agree with that list, and i would leave those guys you mentioned (including Dirk) off as well. Ryno is on his way up. He is proving on a bad team how valuable he is. He is all over the place with boards, scoring, and blocking. While he doesn't dominate in any one area, he is above average in most.

    With Davis on this team, i don't think anyone will truly value him correctly (much like West with CP3 here), but he is that good I would keep him in the top 30.
    Tom Smykowski: Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

  2. #27
    I haven't really watched the past couple of games but does he have a post game?

  3. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I haven't really watched the past couple of games but does he have a post game?
    He has an "on-the-go" post game. He isn't traditional, but when he gets down there, he is crafty as hell - sort of like a Luis Scola, below-the-rim, type player in the post.

    I firmly believe Anderson is a top-30 player, and he isn't a prima donna about it either like a lot of other guys are. He does all of the gritty work, and that adds another dimension to his game - not to mention the spacing he provides for others.

    Anderson, Davis, and Gordon will make a great trio for us going forward. Very complimentary group right there. Add in Rivers + whoever we get in FA this year, and we'll be a very competitive team.

  4. #29
    People will say "but Anderson can't create his own shot" as if the players they champion above him have no weakness.

    Blake Griffin- you can't even have him on the floor at the end of games. Rudy Gay is an inefficient scorer and has never made his teammates better, and on and on.

    What I like about Anderson is he does two things at an elite level on the offensive end, both of which can help his team without him having the ball. His elite three-point shooting creates space for everybody on the court. His offensive rebounding creates more opportunities for players on his team. How does Rudy Gay help you when the ball isn't in his hands?

    If you step back and look at the hundreds of moving parts that effect every plays outcomes, I just firmly believe that Anderson is one of the 30 best players in the league- not only because of what he does, but because of what he provides for teammates, and what he doesn't do (take tons of shots to get points, miss free throws, etc).
    @mcnamara247

  5. #30
    That is the thing I love, and the reason I am happy he is here. It doesn't take him 10 shots to get his rhythm. He can come in cold and within 2 or 3 shots get on point.

    If Davis and Lopez can handle down low, and Grevis/Rivers/etc. can find open players, Anderson and Gordon are going to make it rain on some people.

  6. #31
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,895
    He's a key piece to this team puzzle. If we were all healthy and full go, we'd be dangerous. Not contending dangerous, but no one could sleep on us.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  7. #32
    So what everyone is saying is that if we redraft the league today, R. Anderson would be in the 1st 30 players picked. I call bs. Don't get me wrong, I like Ryno but let's not get carried away. He's the 3rd best player on our team so it's hard for me to believe that you would take him in the top 30. That means that the Hornets have 3 of the top 30 players in the league. He's definitely in the top 10 - 15 PF's.

  8. #33
    Yea Anderson has been a complete ballaholic this season. He's a beast. We'll get those W's eventually
    Twitter:SdotPaul504
    XboxLive:HHUxPresident
    Teams:New Orleans Hornets(Pelicans) & Houston Texans


  9. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by SdotPaul504 View Post
    Yea Anderson has been a complete ballaholic this season. He's a beast. We'll get those W's eventually
    Yeah we have a extremely young team who's not fully healthy yet. We got to be patient with them and watch them explode in the second half we everybody is playing (hopefully)!

  10. #35
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    So what everyone is saying is that if we redraft the league today, R. Anderson would be in the 1st 30 players picked. I call bs. Don't get me wrong, I like Ryno but let's not get carried away. He's the 3rd best player on our team so it's hard for me to believe that you would take him in the top 30. That means that the Hornets have 3 of the top 30 players in the league. He's definitely in the top 10 - 15 PF's.
    No, they aren't saying top 30 most value. They're saying top 30 player on the floor right now.

  11. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    No, they aren't saying top 30 most value. They're saying top 30 player on the floor right now.
    He's close to being both, but you would have to imagine a lot of guys on rookie contracts would be taken in this scenario. However, would a GM pick Ryno over KG and Duncan? Probably. How about Bosh, who makes nearly 10 mil per season more? I know I would. Same with Z-Bo. I think he is somewhere between 27 and 35 purely based on how he is playing right now and probably around the same range when you talk about production and potential relative to cost. I mean, even if you prefer Blake Griffin as a player, it would be hard to argue he is twice as good and that is what Blake's new extension will be paying him.

    And as for the person who said he can't be this high on the list because he is the third best player on this team. Based on what? Based on NBA production over the past couple of seasons and this year, he is clearly the best player on this team right now. That is why I considered him the runaway favorite for team MVP this year.

  12. #37
    We're talking strictly basketball. I'm not including salary. When you talk about best of the best, you don't reference salaries. How does that factor in the top 30 talk? I follow what you are saying but, really? Someone said that they'd take Ryno over Dirk. Who really believes that Ryno is better than Dirk?

  13. #38
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He's close to being both, but you would have to imagine a lot of guys on rookie contracts would be taken in this scenario. However, would a GM pick Ryno over KG and Duncan? Probably. How about Bosh, who makes nearly 10 mil per season more? I know I would. Same with Z-Bo. I think he is somewhere between 27 and 35 purely based on how he is playing right now and probably around the same range when you talk about production and potential relative to cost. I mean, even if you prefer Blake Griffin as a player, it would be hard to argue he is twice as good and that is what Blake's new extension will be paying him.

    And as for the person who said he can't be this high on the list because he is the third best player on this team. Based on what? Based on NBA production over the past couple of seasons and this year, he is clearly the best player on this team right now. That is why I considered him the runaway favorite for team MVP this year.
    You have some good points, and you're entitled to you opinion. A few things I agree on and some i disagree on:

    For his salary, he is more valuable than a lot of other players and you nailed a few of them; ie Blake Griffin, but value in the NBA value isn't only determined by salary and current ability on the court. It's also defined by other factors such as perceived talent ceiling, and marketability; and front offices are in charge of making money as much as producing a championship. Blake Griffin is an absolutely interesting case because I completely agree with you. As far as on the court, what he does, etc I like Ryno more; but as a GM i'd feel Blake has a chance to be a star if he develops a 15-17 footer and solid weak side defense. He has all of the physical tools for it. He also has the shock and awe factor which can play a factor in games and marketing. So I don't think I would take Ryno over him, as much as I like the guy.

    As far as taking Anderson over Duncan or KG, I don't think that's as much as a slam dunk as you say. It's where the team is and their needs on who they would prefer. Do you think Boston right now would take Ryno over Duncan? I don't. Do you think the Spurs, the Nets, the Knicks or the Heat would? I don't. Do I think the rest of the league that's not contending would? Probably. I would take Ryno over guys like Z-Bo and Gay though.

    Your list is pretty on point and after reviewing it, it really makes me think the NBA isn't quite as talented as I thought it was. That being said I think Anderson is still a fringe top 30 player (not much diffence in the talent from 25-35 really).

  14. #39
    Are there 30 more popular trendy names? Yes.

    Ryno is top 30. And yes, I would take him over Dirk, KG, heck I would even take him over Rudy Gay. He is that good.

  15. #40
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,895
    Dirk brings one thing now. He barely brought size, but he doesn't even sniff the paint now. Mr. Anderson can score from anywhere.

  16. #41
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,395
    Ryan Anderson is on pace for 280 3 pointers this year. That would be the most all time.

    In comparrison:

    The most Ray Allen had in a year was 269.
    The most Reggie Miller had in a year was 229.
    The most Peja had in a year was 240.
    Last edited by P Raff; 11-27-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

    @ThePraff

  17. #42
    I think he'll slow down later in the year and finish around 240-250. If he exceeds that number, I still won't be surprised.

  18. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    Ryan Anderson is on pace for 280 3 pointers this year. That would be the most all time.

    In comparrison:

    The most Ray Allen had in a year was 269.
    The most Reggie Miller had in a year was 229.
    The most Peja had in a year was 240.
    Averaging nearly 8 3-pointers a game, and he is shooting over 45%. Unconscious.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    I think he'll slow down later in the year and finish around 240-250. If he exceeds that number, I still won't be surprised.
    Really? I think he is going to get even more looks once Gordon and Davis come back. The defense will key in on them, and Anderson will be free all day.

  20. #45
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Really? I think he is going to get even more looks once Gordon and Davis come back. The defense will key in on them, and Anderson will be free all day.
    I thought he would be really good. He has far exceeded my expectations.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by P Raff View Post
    I thought he would be really good. He has far exceeded my expectations.
    I didn't realize he is such a complete player. The guy really does it all. He gets labeled as a "shooter," and while he is a great one, that isn't all he does. Love his game.

  22. #47
    I like looking at the Clippers bigs stat lines for tonight and thinking "yeah, Ryno had a hand in that."

  23. #48
    This is why I was so confused during the offseason when Lopez had five times as many posts dedicated to him and 10 times as many views compared to Ryan Anderson. Anderson was the second best FA in this class behind D-Will and getting him was a coup. Meanwhile, I really dont think Lopez will be here in 2 years.

    I really can't wait to see this team offensively once Davis and Gordon come back and take the minutes we are giving the Lance Thomas's, Xavier Henry's and Roger Mason's of the world. I think defense will be a season long struggle, but this could be a top 5 offense when we are 100% healthy

  24. #49
    Ryan's rating is 69 in 2K13. That is laughable.

    Anyone know how to get him to spot up outside three in the game, especially in transition?

  25. #50
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,722
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Really? I think he is going to get even more looks once Gordon and Davis come back. The defense will key in on them, and Anderson will be free all day.
    Some shots will be gone with a guy that will lead the team in shot attempts and another one who has been efficent. The priority for Anderson to shoot will go down. I could see his % going up though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •