Pelicans Report

Thread: YouTube to present live NBA D-League games

NBDL YouTube to present live NBA D-League games

NEW YORK, November 20, 2012 – The NBA and YouTube announced a new deal today that will provide fans with more than 350 NBA Development League games streamed live during the 2012-13 regular season on the NBA D-League YouTube channel and through a YouTube video player on NBA.com. The partnership was announced by Adam Silver, NBA Deputy Commissioner, and Claude Ruibal, Global Head of Sports for Google/YouTube.

The deal marks another first between the NBA and YouTube. The NBA was the first professional sports league to partner with YouTube in 2005 to unveil the NBA Channel and to join their "Claim Your Content" program. To date, more than 960 million videos have been viewed by fans, making it the most popular sports channel on YouTube.

As a result of today’s announcement, the NBA D-League, the NBA’s official minor league, will feature the most live games on YouTube by a major professional sports league.
    The NBA D-League season on YouTube will tip off opening night on Friday, Nov. 23, with four games when the Maine Red Claws meet the Canton Charge, the Erie BayHawks play the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants, the Tulsa 66ers host the Texas Legends, and the Bakersfield Jam open against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. The four games on opening night will feature 36 top NBA prospects that recently participated in NBA training camps.
    http://www.nba.com/dleague/news/nba_...s=iref:nbahpts

Re: YouTube to present live NBA D-League games

Yessss. More basketball for me to idely watch while doing other things.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Just this past week rookies, Jeremy Lamb, Kendall Marshall, Terrance Jones and Scott Machado were sent to their teams D-League affiliates. If you're interested in seeing any of these guys play, see them on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Just this past week rookies, Jeremy Lamb, Kendall Marshall, Terrance Jones and Scott Machado were sent to their teams D-League affiliates. If you're interested in seeing any of these guys play, see them on Youtube.
    Jeremy Lamb? Really? I wish Dell could scoop him up.

Re: YouTube to present live NBA D-League games

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    Jeremy Lamb? Really? I wish Dell could scoop him up.
    He is still on contract with OKC. Being assigned to the D-League doesn't mean a team doesn't want you. The good teams send prospects down there that wouldn't get enough plying time to develop otherwise.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I know. I just wish Dell could magically get him. Pipe dream. Good lawd, I'm having pipe dreams for even Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I know. I just wish Dell could magically get him. Pipe dream. Good lawd, I'm having pipe dreams for even Lamb
    Haha. Gotcha.

Thread Information