Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ESPN: Austin Rivers: Player or Pedigree?

Andrew Bynum was only a year younger than Rivers was when the Lakers drafted him 10th overall, and he completely sucked for the first 2 year of his career. The guy averaged something like 4 points a game over the first 2 years, but they stuck with him, and he developed. Rivers will develop. He has the tools. You guys just need to be patient. Monty knows what he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    You keep saying this but yet you're in every Rivers thread talking about how he's not going to be what people think he is or what he will be. Do you really believe he'll get better or are you just saying that so your plate of crow won't be as big if/when he does get better?
    I do believe that he'll get better because if you work at something enough you get better. However, I feel that his best is average.

I'm not concerned about the crow because he is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Demps warned us all that he is a project that will take time, and people like UptownFuz don't want to listen. He wants Rivers to put up numbers right now, and that just isn't the reality of the situation. I think I'm just going to start ignoring these clowns.
    So I'm a clown because I don't agree with your opinion? The problem is, you guys pick and choose who gets the benefit of the doubt. I don't see many Aminu threads saying to give him time. He's getting better. All I see is he's a bum. He's in his 2nd year of full time duty as a Hornet yet everyone wants to upgrade him. I say the exact same thing about Rivers, and I'm crucified. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to have my own opinion. It's not like Rivers isn't validating my criticisms with his play.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    So I'm a clown because I don't agree with your opinion? The problem is, you guys pick and choose who gets the benefit of the doubt. I don't see many Aminu threads saying to give him time. He's getting better. All I see is he's a bum. He's in his 2nd year of full time duty as a Hornet yet everyone wants to upgrade him. I say the exact same thing about Rivers, and I'm crucified. I didn't know that I wasn't allowed to have my own opinion. It's not like Rivers isn't validating my criticisms with his play.
    Aminu has been in the league2 years longer than Rivers. I think what most people have said is give Rivers a few years. If he's into his third year and not improving, i'm sure the pitchforks and torches will be out, and you can lead the charge.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

It seems to be going both ways. They crucify Aminu, you crucify Rivers. You have your opinions, others have theirs. If you want to see a thread about Aminu being given time, start one.

What's wrong with average? It's better than total bust isn't it? Where is it written that he's supposed to be more? Is it because he went to Duke? Is it because his last name is Rivers? Is it because ALL number 10 picks are more than average? If people want to think he'll be an all-world, all-star, superstar pg, then let them. You stay your stance and they'll stay theirs until they see otherwise.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lets not ignore that Bradley Beal is averaging 11 points on just 32.8% shooting. As well as 2 turns per game.

Dion Waiters is averaging 14.9 points but on just 38% shooting.

Terrence Ross is averaging just 4.3 points and is barely seeing the floor for Toronto.

These things take time.

Austin Rivers is not a bust. You can see a difference between a skilful unconfident rookie and a bust.

No, you're not a clown. I probably should have used that word. I do think you are utterly ridiculous for giving up on Rivers this early though. The guy hasn't put up the tangible numbers you would like to see, and you label him a 2nd round player. That's ridiculous. Open your eyes! Rivers is displaying great tools moving forward. His scoring will come in time.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Lets not ignore that Bradley Beal is averaging 11 points on just 32.8% shooting. As well as 2 turns per game.

Dion Waiters is averaging 14.9 points but on just 38% shooting.

Terrence Ross is averaging just 4.3 points and is barely seeing the floor for Toronto.

These things take time.
    Didn't you hear? They should be PRODUCING!!! RIGHT NOW!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!

Im a big rivers fan...I had a strong feeling he would struggle a lot this season. I just cant believe that a player with his work ethic will not be able to be a really good starter.

Thread Information