.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: Aminu is on another planet !

  1. #1

    Aminu is on another planet !

    Aminu plays like a walking valuum ! He is a space cadet ! Athleticism is JUST GREAT ! As long as you combine it with other aspects of your functioning anatomy ! Where is Miller !?

  2. #2
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,620
    Aminu actually had a good game..

    His PPP (which includes turnovers) was well above average at 1.45 PPP (1 is considered good).

    Yes, he needs to cut back on the turnovers, but he's gotten much better overall offensively.

  3. #3
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    21,011
    He's fine. So long as he isn't trying to dribble or shoot set shots. But he's fine with shooting on the move it seems.

    I swear, add 20lbs to him and make him a PF.
    Now I do voice overs. Finally!

  4. #4
    that was one of the sickest 1 handed alley oops i've ever seen, omg it was ridiculous, can we get a video of it?

  5. #5
    he's a perfect 4th or 5th starter. He takes what he gets in the flow of the offense, doesn't take away from other guys. He just knows with limited offensive options he's gonna try and create. his turnovers will go down when players come back and his offensive output should be relatively similar to now. i think he's doing everything coach asks of ... focus the criticism elsewhere, you have a lot of options.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    he's a perfect 4th or 5th starter. He takes what he gets in the flow of the offense, doesn't take away from other guys. He just knows with limited offensive options he's gonna try and create. his turnovers will go down when players come back and his offensive output should be relatively similar to now. i think he's doing everything coach asks of ... focus the criticism elsewhere, you have a lot of options.
    Great post

  7. #7
    So it would go (assuming we are all healthy)
    1. Gordon
    2. Davis
    3. Anderson
    4. Rivers
    5. Aminu
    Tom Smykowski: Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Great post
    x2

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So it would go (assuming we are all healthy)
    1. Gordon
    2. Davis
    3. Anderson
    4. Rivers
    5. Aminu
    As of now, no way in hell would I put Rivers above GV in that list.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Peja View Post
    As of now, no way in hell would I put Rivers above GV in that list.
    Nor would I start Anderson at the 3 and Davis at the 5. Both players are natural 4's. Anderson can't check a 3 and Davis' biggest strength is defending the lane so putting him at 3 on D doesn't play to his strength.

  11. #11
    The Hornets should make Aminu dribble the ball everywhere that they go. In the airport, team dinner, shoot-arounds, etc. we should never see Aminu without a bball in his hand practicing. Kinda like rb's who have fumbling problems. They have to carry the ball everywhere they go.

  12. #12
    He dribbles off his foot more than any player I've ever seen.

  13. #13

    he is on CLOUD 9

    Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    He dribbles off his foot more than any player I've ever seen.
    As I said, >> He has great athletic ability.. So what !? He shouldnt be a starter at all ! Hes not a good ball handler, hes not a good shooter, hes actually not a good rebounder ! He is an average defender ! He is a walking brain cramp ! hes to small to play a 4, he doesnt have outside game to play a 3 ! He has no handle ! Just exactly what part of his game qualifies him to be a starter !?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3nDX30 View Post
    he's a perfect 4th or 5th starter. He takes what he gets in the flow of the offense, doesn't take away from other guys. He just knows with limited offensive options he's gonna try and create. his turnovers will go down when players come back and his offensive output should be relatively similar to now. i think he's doing everything coach asks of ... focus the criticism elsewhere, you have a lot of options.
    He does take away from others ! He is a walking turnover ! At least three times per game, he thinks that he has morphed into Pete Maravich & proceeds to evolve into Morten Anderson ! As far as when others get healthy, Aminu may remain a starter, but in name only ! His minutes will drop to about 16 per game ! He is a Tweener with no OUTSTANDING skill that will allow him to make up for his BrainCramps and Beanpole physique !

  15. #15
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    His turnover percentage is higher than it's ever been right now. His first 2 seasons he never reached 2 turnovers and right now he's pushing 3. I sometimes don't think Monty uses his players correctly. He doesn't seem to play to their strengths. Aminu shouldn't even be put in the position to be turning the ball over that much. Of course if we had 2 of our main starters he probably wouldn't be handling the ball that much but we don't, so, he does.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    As I said, >> He has great athletic ability.. So what !? He shouldnt be a starter at all ! Hes not a good ball handler, hes not a good shooter, hes actually not a good rebounder ! He is an average defender ! He is a walking brain cramp ! hes to small to play a 4, he doesnt have outside game to play a 3 ! He has no handle ! Just exactly what part of his game qualifies him to be a starter !?
    lol... I'd say Aminu is a good rebounder and a good defender. Last night aminu showed he can be a slasher that finishes with a running floater. If he can develop that, he'd more than serviceable as a starter in this league.

  17. #17
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    He's not quite an everyday starter yet, but he's improving alot. Hopefully once he cuts his mistakes down and continues to shoot a high %, it will add to his defense and rebounding.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  18. #18
    does he remind anyone else of shawn marion? He would be a great starter, he does absolutely everything but score efficiently

  19. #19
    Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Mandeville, LA
    Posts
    5,593
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    does he remind anyone else of shawn marion? He would be a great starter, he does absolutely everything but score efficiently
    Except Aminu actually knows how to shoot a free throw properly

  20. #20
    if he can get that floater to hit like he was last night, it'll make him very efficient. He's been working on a nice spin to the hoop as well. Still no hope outside of 8 feet though

  21. #21
    The Mad Titan    Contributor   
    BallSoHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13,780
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So it would go (assuming we are all healthy)
    1. Gordon
    2. Davis
    3. Anderson
    4. Rivers
    5. Aminu
    So anderson's the third best starter on our team but top 40 in the league?

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    So anderson's the third best starter on our team but top 40 in the league?
    Top 30, and he is the best on our team at the moment. That 1-5 I put up is a list according to how this board views him. This board also believes in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and that Eric Gordon will be back and healthy playing for the hornets.

  23. #23
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731
    Marion is a much better ball-handler and a more fluid athlete. Physically stronger as well.

  24. #24
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Marion is 12 years older and is in his 14th season. Much more experience there.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Except Aminu actually knows how to shoot a free throw properly
    Is that a joke? Aminu in his best year can't touch Marion offensively.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •