Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    You Guys fall in love with a player and get upset when they are criticized. Truth of the matter is that Orlando didn't even try to keep him. He walked away. I do like Anderson as a complimentary piece but he's not a go to guy like everyone seems to think he is. You can quote stats all you like but it doesn't disprove that he can't create his own shot. All those stats prove is that he can shoot which was never in question. He is a great shooter that will help this team win games once our SG returns. That will let him do what he does at the highest level.
    Anderson creates shots for himself all game. What are you watching? Just because he doesn't do it with the ball in his hand doesn't mean he can't create his own shot. The guy has great floor awareness, and when he runs the pick-and-pop, he always runs to the wide open position of the floor, wherever that may be. Most players just mindlessly "pop" 5 feet from the PG and expect an assist. Anderson creates opportunities for himself, but it's not in the traditional way you are thinking of. Also, his shot is often contested, but he just shoots over them, and I would call that creating his own shot too. We've all seen that he has some great throw-back post moves when he gets the ball in the lane. I mean, that's 3 ways he creates his own shot right there, so I don't know what you are talking about man.

Your problem is that you are labeling Anderson is a "shooter" which implies that he can't do anything but shoot. That would be Peja. Anderson is not just a "shooter." Watch the man play, single in on him, and he will blow your mind with all of the "little" things he does. And funny enough, I would say the same thing about Rivers. The kid does all the "little things," and I really didn't expect him to pick up the team defense this quickly, but he is great in help support.

A little write-up on Anderson from a Magic blog.

The Ryan Anderson manifesto

Paul George killed us at the end

I'll agree to disagree with you guys. You see him one way I see him another. I will agree that he is a good asset for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    This is not an excuse. AD is the same age and producing. There are a bunch of other guys that are in the league that came in at 20 and produced. What I don't understand is we are willing to wait however many years for Rivers to reach whatever his ceiling is but we don't want to work with/wait for Aminu to finish developing. He's damn near averaging a double double and is contributing night in and night out but all you read is how terrible he is. Rivers on the other hand is "Mr 3-10" and is praised for things like pedigree and work ethic. Lopez is also in the same Boat as Aminu. Everyone hates him but he produces night in and night out. So to answer your question I can make a judgement on his ceiling based on what I see. Either you got it or you don't. I can't argue with emotions because you feel what you feel and I respect that but according to the eye test, Rivers doesn't have it. Coach K actually said on ESPN radio that Rivers needed to stay in college so don't listen to me but you have to believe Coach K, right?
    My bad, I was under the impression that Rivers was the youngest or near youngest in his class.

AD is actually younger than him! Intriguing.

Thread Information