Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Who said he needs to be a superstar though? Does every #10 pick become a superstar? With a #10 pick you can either get a guy like Andrew Bynum (who would probably be a superstar if he were to stay healthy), or you can get a Keyon Dooling. At #10 if he can have an average, productive career, that's not totally a bad thing. Everyone can't be a superstar. If he were to turn out to be a superstar then I guess a lot of people would be happy. I can't speak for other people's emotions or what they think he brings to the table but it's possible they feel that way because they've seen flashes of what they think he CAN be.
    You are fast. I deleted the post because I didn't want to turn this into an Austin Rivers thread. I'll save my response for a Rivers thread. I'd rather talk about how the Hornets can get better. One way that can happen is to get EG back. We also need to get a starting caliber PG. or back court and wing positions need an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    No one is falling in love with Anderson. No one said Anderson is truly a go to guy, but he still can create his own shot at times off of screens or talking big guys off the dribble. His game is similar to Kevin Love and yes he probably is a complementary piece, but he's a good one. He's not part of the problem either. In fact, I'm surprised how well he is playing despite the talent around him right now. Aminu, Rivers, and Vasquez aren't doing him any favors and yet he's still getting his own shots off. He's creating most of his own shots. Orlando was rebuilding so they didn't need him. I'm not sure why you're criticizing Anderson when he's playing really well and is easily the best player when Davis and Gordon are out. Pretty dumb to me.

I do agree with you on Rivers. He just isn't very good right now, especially offensively. Huge liability on the floor and probably needs more time in college or in the D-league especially since he needs to mature physically.

Disagree on Aminu. He's inconsistent offensively because he doesn't do anything well outside of dunking. He's very good defensively, but below average offensively and that won't change anytime soon because he's limited with his shooting and ball-handling. Probably should be a backup on most teams.
    I agree with you about Anderson. I stated the same things that you have. I just don't think that he's a go to guy and definitely not top 30. With my Aminu stance, I was jut stating that he's doing what h does well an people hate him but others on this team get the benefit of the doubt even though they are not performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Ah. The ol' "they other teams passed on/released/traded/didn't resign him for a reason" line. The most constant of lines when criticizing a new player.

They sign and traded him btw. Remember that Gustava Ayon guy? He didn't just magically bamf onto their roster when we got Anderson. No one thinks he's more of a go-to guy than any other elite 3pt shooter in this league.

Which boils down to backing someone down. Which Anderson has actually shown he can do when the time calls. Stepbacks, up and unders. He's more versatile offensively than I thought bringing him in.
    Actually, the Hornets were going to sign him whether or not the Ayon trade happened. That was a throw in gift from the Hornets.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 11-22-2012 at 09:12 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Doesn't matter what we would've done otherwise. The Magic didn't let him walk for nothing. And the point is that particular line can be used to disparage every single player that's signed, traded, drafted after #1, or whatever.

Doesn't matter what we would've done otherwise. The Magic didn't let him walk for nothing. And the point is that particular line can be used to disparage every single player that's signed, traded, drafted after #1, or whatever.
    I'm not disparaging Anderson. I just disagreed with the top 30 comment and pointed out that his previous team made no effort to re-sign him. I think that he's a great complimentary piece.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I'm not disparaging Anderson. I just disagreed with the top 30 comment and pointed out that his previous team made no effort to re-sign him. I think that he's a great complimentary piece.
    And that he can't create his own shots.

And that he can't create his own shots.
    My opinion hasn't changed on that either. Enjoy your Turkey Day.

At 1:07 in this vid, who created this shot for Anderson? Just because he doesn't do it often doesn't mean he CAN'T do it. His main role is to get open and separate himself from his opponent and knock down the 3 ball. He's not in the 'creator' role on this team. He's also done surprisingly well being in a position for putbacks and rebounds.

Have a pot of gumbo on me.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    You and throne need to start a "our bigs need to create their own shots" fan club.

And I pointed out that in saying his previous team made no effort to re-sign him as it somehow invalidates his talent, it's a weak argument. A dozen factors could come into play. They don't necessarily mean the Magic went "Eh, he's not that good anyway." Or they know something we didn't.

Our bigs need to be able to bring the ball up too, then.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I've seen him do that plenty of times this season Hunny.

Idk if Ryno is top 30, probably top 45, but Anderson is a great complimentary player. The top 30 is mostly guys who can either lead an offense or are really good on both ends imo.

And I dont think he's on Pejas level yet, prime Peja was an MVP candidate
    Last edited by speedyG; 11-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    I've seen him do that plenty of times this season Hunny.

Am I confused or did someone else create that shot for him?

He might not be Top 30 or whatever but there's also no shame in being a complimentary piece. I think every team needs and has those.

At 1:07 in this vid, who created this shot for Anderson? Just because he doesn't do it often doesn't mean he CAN'T do it. His main role is to get open and separate himself from his opponent and knock down the 3 ball. He's not in the 'creator' role on this team. He's also done surprisingly well being in a position for putbacks and rebounds.

Have a pot of gumbo on me.

Thanks for the gumbo. Looks tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Idk if Ryno is top 30, probably top 45, but Anderson is a great complimentary player. The top 30 is mostly guys who can either lead an offense or are really good on both ends imo.

And I dont think he's on Pejas level yet, prime Peja was an MVP candidate
    Exactly

Thanks for the gumbo. Looks tasty.
    Doesn't it? It automatically made me hungry.

And I pointed out that in saying his previous team made no effort to re-sign him as it somehow invalidates his talent, it's a weak argument. A dozen factors could come into play. They don't necessarily mean the Magic went "Eh, he's not that good anyway." Or they know something we didn't.

Our bigs need to be able to bring the ball up too, then.
    I've said numerous times that the guy is talented. I said he doesn't create his own shot. One highlight of him creating his own shot doesn't mean anything. I've Seen Aminu do it as well and he definitely can't create his own shot.
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 11-22-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    You and throne need to start a "our bigs need to create their own shots" fan club.
    I rarely if ever agree with da throne. I just don't base my opinion emotion. I base it on what I see. I don't feel like he can get his own shot. Will IT happen on occasion, sure but as a go to probably not.

I've said numerous times that the guy is talented. I said he doesn't create his own shot. One highlight of him creating his own shot doesn't mean anything. I've Seen Aminu do it as well and we definitely can't create his own shot.
    Just because there's one highlight of him doing it doesn't mean he hasn't done it more times. You said he CAN'T and that highlight showed he could. Of course it's more fun to make a highlight reel of his dagger three's (which is what he's know for) than it is of him creating his own shot.

I rarely if ever agree with da throne. I just don't base my opinion emotion. I base it on what I see. I don't feel like he can get his own shot. Will IT happen on occasion, sure but as a go to probably not.
    Perhaps others base on what they see too. Do you think you and the guy next to you have the same vision? Do all point guards have the same vision? I don't even know where "emotion" comes into play here. A difference of opinion maybe, but 'emotion'?

The alternative is that he can only score if someone feeds him the rock. That's not true. He's scored in the paint off more than just offensive rebounds. It's not his greatest asset, but he can score on his own at times.

Just because there's one highlight of him doing it doesn't mean he hasn't done it more times. You said he CAN'T and that highlight showed he could. Of course it's more fun to make a highlight reel of his dagger three's (which is what he's know for) than it is of him creating his own shot.
    I feel on a consistent basis if we ran plays for him to create and get his shot off that he couldn't do it. It doesn't mean that he's a bad player. I don't feel that way. I just feel that he needs help to be as good as he can be. His shooting % would most likely be higher if EG was playing. He'd be able to spot up and shoot. That's what he's good at. I like the player.

Perhaps others base on what they see too. Do you think you and the guy next to you have the same vision? Do all point guards have the same vision? I don't even know where "emotion" comes into play here. A difference of opinion maybe, but 'emotion'?
    I say emotion b/c us New Orleanians have the tendency to get attached to certain players. It happens on HR all the time

The alternative is that he can only score if someone feeds him the rock. That's not true. He's scored in the paint off more than just offensive rebounds. It's not his greatest asset, but he can score on his own at times.
    I can agree with this. See my previous post

I feel on a consistent basis if we ran plays for him to create and get his shot off that he couldn't do it. It doesn't mean that he's a bad player. I don't feel that way. I just feel that he needs help to be as good as he can be. His shooting % would most likely be higher if EG was playing. He'd be able to spot up and shoot. That's what he's good at. I like the player.
    Maybe he could, maybe he couldn't. He'd definitely see more double teams if that were the case. His true shooting percentage is higher right now, today, than it's ever been. Without EG. Sure, it may be higher with EG but right now it's higher than it's ever been and that's without EG.

ETA: Also let me add that being able to create has a lot to do with creativity. He may lack a bit in creativity but he makes up for it in productivity.

Thread Information