Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'm tired of losing. Stop putting pink drawers and white gloves on your players and let them play.

A hang nail automatically forces a player to sit a minimum of two games.

What can Monty do? What does he need to learn? I honestly want to know what adjustments he should make.

The Suns are a beatable team. Gotta get that one or this season is slipping away already.

Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    i put some blame on monty...i am tired of him not being able to make adjustments...hibbert is blocking lopez all game long and we keep going to him and it led to fastbreak baskets on the other end...i am tired of not guarding the 3 pt line at all...i am tired of being down by 6 and you need 3 pt shooters in and he makes no substitutions and we dont even go for a 3 anyways to give yourselves even a chance...and this is becoming a trend
    To be fair I think we went to Lopez beacuse Hibbert was in foul trouble.
    However 8 blocks against is not acceptable.

Hibbert shouldn't have had 8 blocks, the refs let him get away with quite a few that should have been called.

also, ryan anderson is good and all but i heard the 247 guys say he is a top 30 player...that is nonsense...you can't be considered a top 30 player if you have so much trouble creating your own shot unless you are also an elite defensive player(which obvi he is not)...he is a really good complimentary player but not a top 30 player in this league

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    What can Monty do? What does he need to learn? I honestly want to know what adjustments he should make.
    Here's a quick one. Players like Durant, George, Novak, or anyone extremely hot from the arc...don't play base defense. Whoever is guarding him, stay within arms length.

Think back to what Pops did on Peja in the playoffs years ago. Bruce Bowen stuck to him like glue no matter where the ball was.

This defense however, makes no such adjustment. The same player will get a kick out and make ten 3s and nothing is done about it. Aminu or whoever will continue to float and damn near have one foot in the paint while his player camps out at the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    As many 3s as they give up, we're talking about giving up about 10 to 15 less points. I'd say the Hornets post defense is better. 2 is better than 3.
    I'd imagine the problem would be worse because we'd put more pressure on our bigs to stop these super guard wings from scoring in the post. This usually leads to foul trouble. I'm not sure if we can afford to have our bigs in foul trouble especially early in games. I'm not sure playing man defense is the answer.

I believe Anderson is a top 30 player. Peja in his prime was a top 30 player. He wasn't beating guys off the dribble, but he was a top 30 player because he sunk his shots, and he played hard. We got Peja when he was exiting his prime so forget about the Peja we saw. Think back to the Peja of the Kings. That guy was good. He couldn't dominate a game like Lebron or Kobe or MJ, but when his shot is on, stand back.

That is how I see Ryan Anderson. Scary good shooter, who will kill you to death if he has solid help around him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

3 of freakin 17 Lopez. SMH

Well at least they competed without their best 2 players on the court. It'd be like Miami without Wade and Lebron. Thunder without Durant and Westbrook. Clippers without Paul and Griffin.

Of course the Hornets would still be worse than those teams but what the Hornets have been missing is a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    3 of freakin 17 Lopez. SMH
    Yea, let's also leave out his 21/13/4 and 2 steals. Let's also leave out his 15-17 FT shooting tonight. People love to focus on the negative aspects. Lopez was far from the reason we lost tonight.

Hornets @ Pacers 6:00 PM CST

Lack of adjustment beat us. Also best 2 players out

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The Suns are a beatable team. Gotta get that one or this season is slipping away already.
    So what? don't worry about winning and losing this season. Our goal isn't making the playoffs or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    So what? don't worry about winning and losing this season. Our goal isn't making the playoffs or anything like that.
    Sorry, I cannot and will never worry about anything else but winning. This team has already made enough "for the future" moves. Thats over.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    I hope you don't really believe that. I'd like to see someone tell Monty that.

I don't want us to lose, but I would rather let our young guys grow rather than trade our young guys for an established high price guy who will only net us 3 or 4 more wins (ala Gerald Wallace). Old enough to get a big deal, but also old enough not to perform at top level for many more years.

I would prefer taking our lumps and netting more solid draft picks in the process.

I recorded the game. Reading this thread...I guess it's not worth looking at I just want to see improvements at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Yea, let's also leave out his 21/13/4 and 2 steals. Let's also leave out his 15-17 FT shooting tonight. People love to focus on the negative aspects. Lopez was far from the reason we lost tonight.
    I love his intensity, just hate his post game, or lack there of. Overall he played a great game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    We're not going to win many games with a PG that cannot create any penetration to save his life. I've never seen a team struggle so much to get into their sets.

I love Greivis the backup, but Greivis the starter... eek

I thought Lopez played well despite the 3-17 (it didn't feel like 17 shots for me, perhaps because I missed the 1st quarter) and he did a good job of hitting his FT's and getting some blocks.

Anderson was having an incredible night but Vasquez's incapability of creating any offense forced him to do things he was uncomfortable with. I don't know if he's a top 30 player, but he's damn close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceedee M View Post
    I recorded the game. Reading this thread...I guess it's not worth looking at I just want to see improvements at this point.
    These game threads don't have a happy medium. We overreact if we win and we overreact if we lose.

Game is worth watching, we did somethings well. Sadly we left that three point line open in the second half (George hit 7 of his 9 threes in the second half, 5 of them in the fourth and OT).

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    These game threads don't have a happy medium. We overreact if we win and we overreact if we lose.

Game is worth watching, we did somethings well. Sadly we left that three point line open in the second half (George hit 7 of his 9 threes in the second half, 5 of them in the fourth and OT).
    Those threes make me dizzy. I see other teams defend us well behind the arc. They don't care if it's Aminu back there, they will guard it. Not us. It's like we're allergic to any distance 20 feet pass the goal.

We threw away four games this season and we are only ten games in. We should have beat san an, houston, milwaukee and this Pacer team. They got lucky tonight and it happens (Damn you Paul George). This team looks far from terrible, but our outside defending has been bad. The only team we were truly outclassed by was new york... Im not saying be happy about recent results, but ppl are overreacting. This team is competing without EG and tbh they should have a positive record right now. Idk what happened to our defense, but it needs to show up again. It just feels like we are letting opposing teams score

I think Lopez is playing well this season. He's a solid role playing C that makes a great combo with Anthony Davis (the big time player). Gravy is good but if we do sign another big name player it should be a big time PG. Also, all things considered we are playing well without our top 2 players. Give them a break!

Thread Information