.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 97

Thread: Is it time to tank again?

  1. #51
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012

  2. #52

    Re: Is it time to tank again?

    To the guy who mentioned Terrence Williams, he is definitely a solid talent. However, he is not good enough to look past how much of an ******* he is. That is the reason no team keeps him. The Kings let him go. The Kings!

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #53
    Like I said, mid lotto with a healthy Gordon and Davis.

    As is (sans those guys) we are drafting between 4-7. And we would only be so lucky. Grab a big guy to put next to Davis, or maybe see Shabazz drop a few spots and pick up a scoring 3.

    Things could be much worse than living in denile and believing that as is, we are a playoff team (this early). Don't set yourself up for disappointment.
    Tom Smykowski: Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

  4. #54
    I just want to establish early on that I can't think of a worse fit for this team than Noel, and would take roughly any of the top ten players before I'd consider him, or trade the pick if someone else really wanted him. He's an Anthony Davis caliber athlete, but isn't in the same class in terms of offensive or defensive skillet, basketball IQ, and has many of the same limitations in terms of build. A frontcourt with those guys would be a disaster early on. Why could you play Noel at center but not Davis when both guys are built exactly the same? We wouldn't be able to box anyone out, and opposing bigs would always be able to get any position they wanted.

  5. #55
    I wouldn't want Noel either but Adams, Zeller, or Shabbaz.

  6. #56
    Pretty cool. Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    3,494
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I meant defensively he hasn't done much out side of rebounding and blocks.


    I agree he has been very efficient on offense. However like I've said it's been as a results of the system and he's not better than Gordon.


    Oh you're that guy. See I always maintained a level of respect for you even when the whole board clowned you and claimed you were a troll for having an opinion and sticking to it. You made a gutsy call saying Davis was overrated and I respected that, though disagreed.

    But when Davis plays better than expected, its the system thats making him do it? Nah thats a clown answer bro. I think you're a troll too, now.
    Last edited by Mr. West; 11-22-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  7. #57
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Oh you're that guy. See I always maintained a level of respect for you even when the whole board clowned you and claimed you were a troll for having an opinion and sticking to it. You made a gutsy call saying Davis was overrated and I reapected that, though disagreed.

    But when Davis plays better than expected, its the system thats making him do it? Nah thats a clown answer bro. I think you're a troll too now.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I meant defensively he hasn't done much out side of rebounding and blocks.


    I agree he has been very efficient on offense. However like I've said it's been as a results of the system and he's not better than Gordon.
    rookies typically are not good defensively...chris paul was not good defensively, lebron james was not good defensively..even dwight howard was not good defensively as rookies...ppl forget how thin howard was when he entered the league...we all know davis has to get stronger and he will

    but i am assuming you think andre drummond is playing well because he is good and not because of the system...because i am sure drummond is hitting a lot of mid range jumpers and driving to the hoop lol

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I said it before, and I am still saying it:

    Even with a healthy Gordon and Davis this is a mid to late lottery team. We are not an 8th seed even on our best day. Why people keep thinking that is crazy. We are young. We have not gelled. We have no scorers on this team outside of one injured guy.

    This doesn't mean we will never be good. If we get a 5-8 spot lotto pick (which I imagine won't be hard) we will get another key piece to a championship team. This years draft if center heavy, so we get out twin tower to put next to Davis. Give that guy a year with our young crew, and by his second, and Davis and Rivers 3rd year we will have a top 3 or 4 (in the conference) team. The following year we will be top 3 or 4 in the league.

    It's not a stretch to say we are a playoff team with Gordon imo, we have a deep frontcourt, Anderson/Davis are good #2 options, Greivis would look better with EG to take some pressure off him, Rivers is getting better, EG would be a huge upgrade to our perimeter D, Anderson would get more open looks with Gordon..

    Gordon basically sums up what the team is missing: SG, go-to guy, perimeter scorer, someone to attack the basket, a shooter, and a good perimeter defender
    Last edited by speedyG; 11-22-2012 at 11:55 AM.

  10. #60
    Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Metairie
    Posts
    2,465
    I don't condone "tanking", but I seriously hope we lose a lot of games, and just win a couple of good home games here and there.

  11. #61
    Beat both LA's, Utah, and Atl (those are the games I am going to). We can play hard and lose the rest for all I care.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    It's not a stretch to say we are a playoff team with Gordon imo, we have a deep frontcourt, Anderson/Davis are good #2 options, Greivis would look better with EG to take some pressure off him, Rivers is getting better, EG would be a huge upgrade to our perimeter D, Anderson would get more open looks with Gordon..

    Gordon basically sums up what the team is missing: SG, go-to guy, perimeter scorer, someone to attack the basket, a shooter, and a good perimeter defender
    I said it pre season: Gordon for Paul George straight up. Aminu to the bench, Rivers to start at either guard position.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I said it pre season: Gordon for Paul George straight up. Aminu to the bench, Rivers to start at either guard position.
    Indy wouldn't have made that move then and they certainly wouldn't now.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Heh. Too easy.

    I know what he said. But he's still saying the same thing. Now, the future, they're all one and the same. Davis is the franchise.

    And if one has to be right, Gordon has never played with anyone on a level comparable or even debatable to say exceeding his own for any length of time.
    Lol that certartinly isn't the same thing. When Demps called EJ our franchise player, he meant it. Davis has the potential to be that and more, but right now a healthy Eric Gordon is more qualified and capable of carrying a team. Unfortunately, his knees aren't cooperating. Thus, the use of the word "healthy."

    But such an argument is redundant anyways. As slim said, these two players would make an amazing combination on the court. We can only hope that such a fantasy can come to fruition at one point in time.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-22-2012 at 10:40 PM.

  15. #65
    If you're gonna be bad, be bad next year, not now. The draft class is LOADED!!!!
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

    PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

    SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

    SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

    PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

    C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

  16. #66
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Either way his points are coming from open shots and clear lanes to the basket. He's doing a excellent job of scoring the times he's contacted and he's shooting really well from the ft line. But there's no comparison of Davis' ability to create versus Gordon's ability to create.

    And that's just on offense. As impressive as Davis' offensive production has been his defensive output has been equally unimpressive.
    I love that you are different and have a different jnsight kn things but I disagree with you once again. Davis does alot of things that isnt shown on stats, its hilarious how guys just toss the ball to a non open guy like a 3 year old girl attempting to dribble a NBA basketball. They either throw it away, makes a dumb pass or just ball up. I cant be the only one who sees this right? His presence lf the court have vets in the league intimidated I guess. And do you expect him to come straight i the league and kill on both sides of the ball? Because he's showing that he is a superstar(Tim Duncan)type player and that he will only get better. Did you see anything opposite?

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Oh you're that guy. See I always maintained a level of respect for you even when the whole board clowned you and claimed you were a troll for having an opinion and sticking to it. You made a gutsy call saying Davis was overrated and I respected that, though disagreed.

    But when Davis plays better than expected, its the system thats making him do it? Nah thats a clown answer bro. I think you're a troll too, now.
    He has played well within the system. It's not a knock unless you want to take it that way. We aren't giving him the ball and expecting him to create offense with his ball handling or post play. It's off of cuts and PNR's that the overwhelmingly majority of his point are off of. If that's not the system than what is?

    I agree there are plenty of players who can't even be productive that way. I've said he's more skilled than I originally gave him credit for. He's a much better scoring option right now than I thought he'd be. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by CP4MVP View Post
    rookies typically are not good defensively...chris paul was not good defensively, lebron james was not good defensively..even dwight howard was not good defensively as rookies...ppl forget how thin howard was when he entered the league...we all know davis has to get stronger and he will

    but i am assuming you think andre drummond is playing well because he is good and not because of the system...because i am sure drummond is hitting a lot of mid range jumpers and driving to the hoop lol
    What does Drummond have to do with anything?

    I didn't say Davis will remain a poor defender just that he has been so far. Matter fact I've said just the opposite. However if we are grading Davis and Gordon(when healthy) right now than I have to talk about where both are in their careers at the present time besides Gordon's injury.

  19. #69
    @ DaThrone

    Dude, face the facts.....you were wrong! You don't know basketball and you don't know anything about sports, so just chill out with your silly posted. Stop making a fool of yourself! Anthony Davis is better than Drummond could ever dream of, but you are linked to saying he wasn't and that's why people will bring up Drummonds name. (Like I've said, you're always wrong)
    -stop comparing Anthony Davis a PF to a SG in Eric Gordon, they're skill sets are different as well as there playing assignments and responsibilities on the court! #GetAClueDuffy
    -everyone plays in a system but its a players talent that excels his play in that system. AD23 is a great all around young player in the NBA! He's a franchise player! Per NBA Greats, not by some typists name DaThrone!
    - on the Perimeter, were man2man defense is mostly needed, PG- Vasquez is the one who really struggles lacking foot speed. You over look him but try's to single out AD23 who's defense is mostly in the paint which warrants defending the rim with shot blocking and altering shots(two Big things he's great at) but yet you're looking for lock down 1on1 defense from him on his man. Really? Lmfao.....
    -and for the record, Monty's defensive system/philosophies are defending your "space/area" in a man2man look! And AD23 is a Great space eater with his 7'2 wing span.
    Throne, you don't know what you are talking about dude! Shut up, please!


    Stop Embarrassing yourself on the Internet! Stop being a Troll hating on All New Orleans Sports, we don't like you nor do we want your support back home. Plus we don't want you back in the city #Clown!

    Your life have changed but yet your mind is still immature, still spittin out buffoonary!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 11-23-2012 at 07:07 AM.

  20. #70
    Wow! This was harsh^^^

  21. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Wow! This was harsh^^^
    I wouldn't pay him any mind I surely don't. Some people have to make themselves feel better by insulting other. He just goes overboard with it.

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I wouldn't pay him any mind I surely don't. Some people have to make themselves feel better by insulting other. He just goes overboard with it.
    I think he meant.

    "Da Throne, I really do disagree with your stance on Anthony Davis, but you are entitled to your opinion."

    Well thats what I think at least

  23. #73
    Who cares who was better at one point or at any point in their careers?

    What's the point in arguing about such a silly thing? We have both players after all.

    The fact of the matter is that Davis has played extremely well, especially on the offensive end. We know what we have in him and we should be thankful for it. If, or when, Gordon finally gets healthy, our team will have a lethal combination for teams to gameplan for.

  24. #74
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,882
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Who cares who was better at one point or at any point in their careers?

    What's the point in arguing about such a silly thing? We have both players after all.


    The fact of the matter is that Davis has played extremely well, especially on the offensive end. We know what we have in him and we should be thankful for it. If, or when, Gordon finally gets healthy, our team will have a lethal combination for teams to gameplan for.
    Because its fun.
    Now I provide life insurance benefits.

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Because its fun.
    No because I'm a troll and I get off on making people mad for absolutely no reason at all. Like there's nothing better in life I could be doing.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 11-23-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •