Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Is it time to tank again?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    No beacause I'm a troll and I get off on making people mad for absolutely no reason at all. Like there's nothing better in life I could be doing.
    Ban this troll already.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    If you're gonna be bad, be bad next year, not now. The draft class is LOADED!!!!
    Seriously. I freaking want Andrew Wiggins so bad I go into tantrums.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenAitsover View Post
    Ban this troll already.
    I have no idea why he hasn't already.

I would like Wiggins too but who knows. Maybe we have a sweatheart deal come down the pipe (Gordon for an unprotected 2014 Lotto pick or something).

At any rate, games like tonight are reason I feel comfortable with my mid lotto prediction. Sure get Gordon back. Get River and Davis on a new level. But we still need for them all to gel. Enjoy these games as they are character builders. And we will need to settle for a championship in that department this year.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Forget Andrew Wiggins, the guy we need to gun for is Archie Goodwin!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't care where this season winds up. But next season, we should be in no part of the Wiggins, Goodwin, whoever sweepstakes unless Demps steals someone's high lottery pick. Probably from Sacramento, Detroit, or Cleveland.

Goodwin is going to be in this upcoming draft. He looks like a perfect fit next to Gordon.

Forget Gordon (who knows how long that Joker is in town). How does he fit next to Anderson and Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Forget Gordon (who knows how long that Joker is in town). How does he fit next to Anderson and Davis?
    Kid is averaging 19/5/4.4 on 52% shooting as a freshman at Kentucky as a SG. Just finished a game with 22/9/9 while handling the rock almost as much as a PG would. The biggest impression I got from the kid is his feel for the game. It's a special quality.

Last edited by Snarly; 11-23-2012 at 11:38 PM.

Admittedly, next years draft is looking pretty good.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Goodwin reminds me a lot of Gordon ironically. I really like him as a prospect and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being right around top 5. I'd be shocked if he's out of the top 10. He's very quick, skilled with the ball, long, and can shoot. Complete package on offense really. Once he puts on a little more strength (which he will), I can very easily see him being a 20 point scorer almost every night. He gets to the line A LOT (46 attempts in 5 games) and has shot the 3 well.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Admittedly, next years draft is looking pretty good.
    NBADraft.net's top4 prospects compare to Scotty Pippen, Melo, Chris Webber, and Mashburn.

What about Russ Smith out of Louisville? Is he a pg or a at? He looks intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What about Russ Smith out of Louisville? Is he a pg or a at? He looks intriguing.
    PG

Is it time to tank again?

I like Sulaimon out of Duke at the two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Forget Andrew Wiggins, the guy we need to gun for is Archie Goodwin!
    Wiggins was better as a Junior in HS than Goodwin is now. That's not a shot at Goodwin, that's just a testament to how good Wiggins is. He's being hailed as the next Lebron. While not as strong he easily has a better shot at this point. Wiggins ceiling is higher than Pippen, which I know is saying a lot. It just is. As a UNC fan, I follow recruiting very closely.
    HR Sim League Orlando Magic

PG: Luke Ridnour, Delonte West, Greg Minor

SG: Andre Iguodala, Mickael Pietrus

SF: Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Boris Diaw

PF: Charlie Villanueva, Ian Mahinimi, Amir Johnson

C: Eddy Curry, Mamadou Ndiaye, Adam Parada

Quote Originally Posted by coltsguy510 View Post
    Wiggins was better as a Junior in HS than Goodwin is now. That's not a shot at Goodwin, that's just a testament to how good Wiggins is. He's being hailed as the next Lebron. While not as strong he easily has a better shot at this point. Wiggins ceiling is higher than Pippen, which I know is saying a lot. It just is. As a UNC fan, I follow recruiting very closely.
    When I say forget about Wiggins, it's not due to talent, it's due to the time. Goodwin will be available in the upcoming draft whereas Wiggins is still another year away. We don't have time and the energy to even attempt to tank for that kid. The competition for the 2013 will be too fierce to even consider.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    To be honest, Wiggins is more Rudy Gay than Lebron James to me. I think he's definitely going to be very good but I don't think we should get too crazy quite yet. Some people said Harrison Barnes was going to be the next Kobe and well...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Tanking = losing on purpose

This team loses because it is less talented than their opponents 75-80% of the time. Huge difference. No, I do not want us to lose on purpose, but I also do not want to add talent that will make us marginally better for the short term, thereby getting us the 12th pick instead of the 7th (or better). Keep playing these young guys, develop them and let the chips fall where they may. Don't lose on purpose, just fall short because you are less talented

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    To be honest, Wiggins is more Rudy Gay than Lebron James to me. I think he's definitely going to be very good but I don't think we should get too crazy quite yet. Some people said Harrison Barnes was going to be the next Kobe and well.....he completely obliterated Nikola Pevovich!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    To be honest, Wiggins is more Rudy Gay than Lebron James to me. I think he's definitely going to be very good but I don't think we should get too crazy quite yet. Some people said Harrison Barnes was going to be the next Kobe and well...
    Some NBA scouts have been saying that Wiggins could start for an NBA team right now.

Thread Information