• Yes

7 33.33%
  • No

14 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PETITION TO SACK THE HAWKS OWNER

Banned

PETITION TO SACK THE HAWKS OWNER

I want a team, play Sim League all the time on PSD and I noticed people saying the Hawks manager is never on and checked and he doesn't even have a bank...

Surely some people are sick of not being able to contact him and unable to make trades

No offense, but why would you automatically be the person considered if the Hawks owner was sacked? There is a list that commish has that would dictate who is next.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I obviously can't just sack a owner, but if some guys don't get more active changes will need to be made.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Honestly I would like some change for these inactive owners before free-agency. Inactivity makes the league a little less funner.

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    No offense, but why would you automatically be the person considered if the Hawks owner was sacked? There is a list that commish has that would dictate who is next.
    I'll give him credit, he sounds like he knows a hell of a lot more about the league than I did when I started.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

He used to be in the league lol, I want to say he was one of the first members to sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    He used to be in the league lol, I want to say he was one of the first members to sign up.
    In that case, I'm sure there is a reason he is not in it anymore.

I want to say he missed a check in, but he was a active member before that.

The Hawks owner is new so I say give him a minute to adjust, but there are without a doubt others that are just taking up space.

kaitos no offense but you were the one who got kicked out of the fantasy draft do to questionable trades and picks.. maybe youve changed

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    The Hawks owner is new so I say give him a minute to adjust, but there are without a doubt others that are just taking up space.
    I think the Hawks owner is a good guy but Ive tried to make deals with him before but it would go days in between messages bc he doesn't sign on very often. He does always seem to make it for GM check in's but I rarely see him post during the season. I believe he is MakeitRain's' roommate which is kinda weird bc MakeitRain is an active GM in the league. I agree with others that more active GM's are better to keep the league thriving but what is the better option? a inactive GM who rarely gets involved, an active but Bad GM that may ruin the integrity of the league, or a computer controlled team ?

Quote Originally Posted by PrepP View Post
    I think the Hawks owner is a good guy but Ive tried to make deals with him before but it would go days in between messages bc he doesn't sign on very often. He does always seem to make it for GM check in's but I rarely see him post during the season. I believe he is MakeitRain's' roommate which is kinda weird bc MakeitRain is an active GM in the league. I agree with others that more active GM's are better to keep the league thriving but what is the better option? a inactive GM who rarely gets involved, an active but Bad GM that may ruin the integrity of the league, or a computer controlled team ?
    Good points. I have never tried to contact the Hawks GM, so I don't know exactly how inactive he is.

Personally, I will always prefer activity. I was one of the lone voices who somewhat defended the Magic and Nuggets for tanking because frankly, they were being active doing so. I can't stand inactivity, but I also know what it's like to be the new guy. So it's a tough call.

Surely if a new spot were to open, I would think posting activity on the site in general would have to be the biggest deciding factor. I would be worried about taking someone with say only 41 posts (just a number that popped into my head).
    Last edited by Soundwave; 11-20-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Good points. I have never tried to contact the Hawks GM, so I don't know exactly how inactive he is.

Personally, I will always prefer activity. I was one of the lone voices who somewhat defended the Magic and Nuggets for tanking because frankly, they were being active doing so. I can't stand inactivity, but I also know what it's like to be the new guy. So it's a tough call.

Surely if a new spot were to open, I would think posting activity on the site in general would have to be the biggest deciding factor. I would be worried about taking someone with say only 41 posts (just a number that popped into my head).
    coincidentally

Sorry guys for not being as active as I should be but recently my brother was diagnosed with cancer and I have had to relocate to Chicago... I do plan on being very active in the league and am looking forward to show off my great GM skills with some excellent moves in free agency with the abundance of cap room I do have..... Do not sack me yet...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murphdiggitydog View Post
    Sorry guys for not being as active as I should be but recently my brother was diagnosed with cancer and I have had to relocate to Chicago... I do plan on being very active in the league and am looking forward to show off my great GM skills with some excellent moves in free agency with the abundance of cap room I do have..... Do not sack me yet...
    Your safe!! Because me, the empire say you is. Lol, no hard feelings just inactivity sucks at times. I havent seen the Pistons since last January. Also my thoughts and prayers go out to your bro man.

sorry to hear mate

I vote no.

sorry about your brother man

Quote Originally Posted by kaitos. View Post
    I want a team, play Sim League all the time on PSD and I noticed people saying the Hawks manager is never on and checked and he doesn't even have a bank...

Surely some people are sick of not being able to contact him and unable to make trades

I understand you want to play, but your not in the league. You don't have any say as to who gets kicked out or not.

Geaux Hornets! Contributor PrepP's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that murph. I will be praying for your family. Wish you, your brother, and family the best man.

Banned
    Sorry to hear murph.

Murph, clear your inbox

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Hasn't been active since he joined and I don't think it's gonna change.

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Nvm just saw his reason. That sucks man.

I never see the pistons Gm maybe he can be changed to kaitos?

I have bids in for free agency for 2003. also, consistently submitted lineups through midpoint of last season. struggled a little bit, but also, had as strong a starting lineup as i could produce. no injuries forced me to change the lineup. if no post, same as previous sim, right? if I need to post that, let me know.

Thread Information