Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hornets sign Dell Demps to extension

Breaking News Hornets sign Dell Demps to extension

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed general manager Dell Demps to a new multi-year contract extension. Per team policy, terms of the contract were not released.

“Dell has a bright future ahead as the GM of our team and Mr. Benson and I couldn’t be more impressed with the track this team is on and are excited about the future,” said Hornets Executive Vice President Mickey Loomis. “He has helped shape this organization with the current team of young, talented players and we look forward to seeing the growth of the franchise during this exciting time for the franchise.”

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/horn...emps-extension

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    O thank The Lord!

I kind of figured once Williams was extended Demps wouldn't be too far behind.

WOOOP WOOOP!.. well deserved!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    **** YEAH

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    now on to the task of eventually completing what has been started....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

As a GM, I don't think your job is ever complete.

Breathes sigh of relief!!!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Some people were talking about this yesterday, good timing lol

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    As a GM, I don't think your job is ever complete.
    I technically agree, but I guess I am just looking for a couple more pieces to "complete" the puzzle at hand....but, you are right , things will never be totally complete nor perfect either....the truth is that a GM does whatever he can, and then chances are, he is ultimately replaced at some point in the future....kinda hope its a long time for us though....

This just made my day. The future is indeed bright guys.
    Jrue dat

maybe he and monty are yound and not very experienced, and not the best yet, but you have to give them a chance to become it !
    love it, finally consistency in the franchise! i was really afraid when benson took over , he would add a new GM and Coach...

Good for him, well deserved.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Awesome. It's great to see that Monty and Dell are going to be given time to develop our young players instead of rush the process and end up with an average team. Today is a good day.

Congrats Dell! Well-deserved. He and Monty are locked in... excellent news.

Our main front office people are locked up, I love it.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Great news ! One more person is missing to that mix and I'm sure he's working hard to come back at full strength ! We need him to elevate this franchise on another level !
    "I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    great news

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Definition supervillian: A killer who loves children; one who is well skilled in destruction as well as buildin'.

Congrats, Demps. Now go get us Brandon Jennings for three nickles, a rubberband, and Eric Gordon's knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Congrats, Demps. Now go get us Brandon Jennings for three nickles, a rubberband, and Eric Gordon's knee.
    Ryan and Michael had a Bucks Blogger on the latest podcast and he characterized the Bucks as kind of where the Hornets were at the end with Shinn, do what it takes to make the playoffs and get butts in the seats, even if that means passing up good deals built around future assets. Basically he thought it was more likely they'd risk letting him walk as an RFA than throw in the towel this season for young players and picks. Sounded like overpaying Jennings as a RFA is the only shot the Hornets would have at him.

All this stability is so foreign

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Ryan and Michael had a Bucks Blogger on the latest podcast and he characterized the Bucks as kind of where the Hornets were at the end with Shinn, do what it takes to make the playoffs and get butts in the seats, even if that means passing up good deals built around future assets. Basically he thought it was more likely they'd risk letting him walk as an RFA than throw in the towel this season for young players and picks. Sounded like overpaying Jennings as a RFA is the only shot the Hornets would have at him.
    I don't call him the Supervillain cuz he plays fair. I call him that cuz he's robbing people blind and no one can stop him!

If he wants Jennings than he'll just have to kidnap the Bucks GM's wife or something and just hope Liam Nielson isn't general manager.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Or a sign and trade this summer. But yeah, it will be difficult to get him this year and like everyone else in the league, they want nothing to do with Gordon. I thought I was going overboard when I asked if Bucks would do Gordon for M. Ellis and Drew Gooden's awful contract and he said no- wanted the Hornets to throw in a first rounder.

Gordon has beyond below negative value at this point. That has to be priority #1 moving forward for Dell- finding a way to get this guy out without taking too much salary back. Congrats on the new deal Dell, but good luck with that tough task
    @mcnamara247

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    This is great! Got our core locked up on the court and in the FO

Thread Information