Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alec Burks available

Rumor Alec Burks available

From Twitter

Sam Amico ‏@SamAmicoFSO

Word around NBA is Jazz G Alec Burks is available. Burks, the 12th overall draft pick in 2011, has played in just 5 of Jazz's 10 games.

Lottery pick 2 years ago, I liked him coming out of college. Any need for him? What would you guys be willing to give up?
    Last edited by hornetstime247; 11-17-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    We already have Alec Burks on this team, he just goes by the name Austin Rivers.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Liked Burks coming out. I'd spend a 2nd rounder on 'em.

I like him, although I might be bias because we went to the same college. He's never really gotten a shot with Utah, played minimal minutes last year and still put up decent stats in terms of Fg% and 3pt %. I think he could be helpful for the hornets, still has much room for improvement. I'm not sure what they would ask for him, most likely draft picks I would assume. I don't feel like we'd really want to give up anyone besides henry, thomas, or carroll and I doubt they'd be very interested in any of them.

He is J.R. Smith-lite, but he has a brain. I'd take him, and play him at SF for us.

I love Burks- unfortunately we don't have any assets to give up. We dont own our 2nd rounder this year. Maybe Henry and some cash to help them buy out Raja Bell?
    @mcnamara247

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Idk man, if we trade for a wing it'd be nice if they were an established scorer rather than another young guy looking for minutes. But if we got him (for a decent deal) I wouldn't be opposed.

1st rounder (lottery protected next 3 years) + Henry??

Dominique Jones is also looking alright for Dallas right now, he could probably be had for cheap.

We need to add speed and athleticism at the wing position!

His one flaw coming out was his jumper wasn't there. Could do everything else. And was an excellent ball handler. Austin Rivers isn't a bad comparison, though he was more apt to take a mid-range jumper. I'd gladly unload Henry or Mason for him.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I wonder what Utah would even want for him? They seem pretty well set at every position. Picks I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    His one flaw coming out was his jumper wasn't there. Could do everything else. And was an excellent ball handler. Austin Rivers isn't a bad comparison, though he was more apt to take a mid-range jumper. I'd gladly unload Henry or Mason for him.
    Burks shot 64% from 3 during summer league this year (0.9-1.4). I think he has been working hard on his 3-point shot.

Henry for Burks straight up

Quote Originally Posted by geauxbama View Post
    Henry for Burks straight up
    They're basically the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Give him a shot. Henry had last season and the summer to prove himself worthy of getting minutes. Burks isn't getting minutes. Let Monty work his magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    False.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

The Franchise Contributor GeauxPelicans's Avatar
    I loved his game in College, but he hasn't shown much in Utah. I'd be willing to part with a young vet, but not anything very significant.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    False.
    Agreed... They basically have nothing in common.

Inefficient slashers who can't shoot and does most of their damage at the FT line. Sounds familiar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1501 Girod St. View Post
    I like him, although I might be bias because we went to the same college. He's never really gotten a shot with Utah, played minimal minutes last year and still put up decent stats in terms of Fg% and 3pt %. I think he could be helpful for the hornets, still has much room for improvement. I'm not sure what they would ask for him, most likely draft picks I would assume. I don't feel like we'd really want to give up anyone besides henry, thomas, or carroll and I doubt they'd be very interested in any of them.
    You went to CU, too? I watched him play a bit a couple years ago (sophomore year for me) and I was bummed he went in the draft. The only reason he went was because the rest of the class was weak so he was gonna go high. I think could have used another year to develop. Not to mention, Colorado managed to get to the tourney the next year. I wonder how well they would have done with him too.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxSaints53 View Post
    You went to CU, too? I watched him play a bit a couple years ago (sophomore year for me) and I was bummed he went in the draft. The only reason he went was because the rest of the class was weak so he was gonna go high. I think could have used another year to develop. Not to mention, Colorado managed to get to the tourney the next year. I wonder how well they would have done with him too.
    Yep, I was a junior when he left. I was a little disappointed, but you're about the reason, too weak of a draft class for him to pass up the opportunity. We would have been a force last year with him, but his absence opened the door for Dinwiddie. I'll always like Burks simply for helping build CU basketball.

I'm pro Burks. If we can put together a package to trade I would think it would help us.

Here's your package: Burks and Big Al to NO, Jason Smith and Granger to Utah, Gordon to Indiana.
    "Just bring him in here, I’m going to block everything"

Quote Originally Posted by GREEK HORNET View Post
    Here's your package: Burks and Big Al to NO, Jason Smith and Granger to Utah, Gordon to Indiana.
    I would not do that. Not a fan of Al Jefferson. We would be giving up way to much.

Throw in the Bucks. Send Jefferson there. We also get Jennings. Problem solved!

...not really.

Thread Information