Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    our backcourt puts no pressure on the ball on defence. Vasquez is a great backup PG but we are in desperate need of a starting PG. Gordon plus a starting PG will make this team look so much better.
    2013 draft is where we can find a good PG

This getting ridiculous... 3 games straight the other teams cannot miss! Monty also needs to reevaluate the defensive strategy.. In today nba u cannot give up 3s like this
    We shot 53% to 46%

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    This getting ridiculous... 3 games straight the other teams cannot miss! Monty also needs to reevaluate the defensive strategy.. In today nba u cannot give up 3s like this
    Our guards just can't stay in front of their man. That will not change anytime soon.

Monty has made the choice to protect the dribble drive over the three point line. It's probably the right approach.

Guys lets remember that it took the Thunder a few years to build their team into a contender and IMO we are ahead of their pace right now.

We could use a lottery pick this year + one more big free agent PG and then we are set to go.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    2013 draft is where we can find a good PG
    I'd rather not wait for Myck Kabongo if we can help it.

Yah I'm from Toronto and was around the basketball scene and I've seen Kobongo come up from his early highschool days.. I like him but I don't think hes anything more than a backup PG in this league.. I've seen him get his *** beat by Kevin Pangos and Corey Joseph more than a few times and Corey is now a 3rd stringer for the Spurs and Pangos is a Soph at Gonzaga.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    We need some lob plays for Davis!

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

The biggest problem with the game was turnovers. regardless of the play of our guards, we limit our turnovers and we win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    The biggest problem with the game was turnovers. regardless of the play of our guards, we limit our turnovers and we win this game.
    Unfortunately, we can't pin it on a single thing. The Hornets did so many things wrong tonight. It was a combination of things like boxing out, allowing 16 offensive rebounds, turnovers, fouling, and poor defense all contributed to the lost. This is to be expected of a young team without their best player on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Such an ignorant and baby statement to make
    Get over it. Our guards continue to get torched, we had too many turnovers, and we gave up 117 points. woop dee doo, the Hornets had a great offensive game. Those will come and go. But for the last 3 games, we gave up 100, 110, and 117.

ESPNChrisPalmer chris palmer
    Brandon Jennings 22 pts, 9 asts, 8-16 FG (+11); Monta Ellis 22 pts, 9 asts, 8-16 FG (-11). +/- is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Unfortunately, we can't pin it on a single thing. The Hornets did so many things wrong tonight. It was a combination of things like boxing out, allowing 16 offensive rebounds, turnovers, fouling, and poor defense all contributed to the lost. This is to be expected of a young team without their best player on the court.
    I agree with your statement, but in my post I mentioned that the turnovers were the "biggest" problem, not the "only" problem.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Cp3forMVP 0-2 man!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    Davis was -17
    I don't think +/- is always a telling stat, but it shouldn't be ignored either.

If a players is consistently in the minus there's a great chance something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't think +/- is always a telling stat, but it shouldn't be ignored either.

If a players is consistently in the minus there's a great chance something is wrong.
    Yah our team is losing. If your on a losing team and your starter you are going to be -. That stat is stupid and it has been shown that the only possible way that stat could be of any significance is for minor role player who play limited minutes.

Yah our team is losing. If your on a losing team and your starter you are going to be -. That stat is stupid and it has been shown that the only possible way that stat could be of any significance is for minor role player who play limited minutes.
    If you are minus a a few points that's one thing. Being minus double digit points for a several games in a row is probably a sign that a player is hurting his team.

Get outta here with that. Plus/minus shows the power of teamwork. I know you and dcoop want to be 'that guy' but after the game he had last night wasn't the night for it. Save your schtick for when he actually has a bad game. Last night wasn't that night. And he wasn't in double digits for 'several games in a row'. Sure, everyone in the starting lineup was minus against the Thunder but hey, they were getting their teeth kicked in from the jump. The guy has a good game and people are talking about plus and minus. Ridiculous.

We lost be double digits to Oklahoma and lost yesterday... obviously Davis as a starter is going to be in the -. The stat is worthless.... Joel Anthony had a great +/- last year... should that tell us that he is a great player?

Again +/- is only valuable for role player who player limited minutes or if you put in the context of 5 man units. It is an absolutely useless statistic which provides absolutely no valuable insight whatsoever.

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Bucks

If you are minus a a few points that's one thing. Being minus double digit points for a several games in a row is probably a sign that a player is hurting his team.
    This is one of the stupid posts ever. Plus/minus mostly determines how the team is doing.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Why do people continuously feed these trolls? They only grow larger.

We lost be double digits to Oklahoma and lost yesterday... obviously Davis as a starter is going to be in the -. The stat is worthless.... Joel Anthony had a great +/- last year... should that tell us that he is a great player?

Again +/- is only valuable for role player who player limited minutes or if you put in the context of 5 man units. It is an absolutely useless statistic which provides absolutely no valuable insight whatsoever.
    This applies to most metrics.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Get outta here with that. Plus/minus shows the power of teamwork. I know you and dcoop want to be 'that guy' but after the game he had last night wasn't the night for it. Save your schtick for when he actually has a bad game. Last night wasn't that night. And he wasn't in double digits for 'several games in a row'. Sure, everyone in the starting lineup was minus against the Thunder but hey, they were getting their teeth kicked in from the jump. The guy has a good game and people are talking about plus and minus. Ridiculous.
    Who's talking about Davis?

We are talking about +/- stats. I agree plus/minus is probably the most useless of stats. My point is just like all stats it can be a standard for how important a player is when kept in perspective.

Who's talking about Davis?

We are talking about +/- stats. I agree plus/minus is probably the most useless of stats. My point is just like all stats it can be a standard for how important a player is when keep in perspective.
    Don't even try it. YOU'RE talking about Davis. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Don't even try it. YOU'RE talking about Davis. Nice try though.
    No actually I wasn't. You are assuming thing AGAIN!

Thread Information