Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Bucks

Gameday Thread: Hornets @ Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Vasquez makes plays, but he also misses a lot too. He missed a wide open Davis like 8 times tonight. Davis could have had 40 if Vasquez made some of those passes. Let's not pretend the guy is Chris Paul or anything.
    This.

Vasquez makes plays, but he also misses a lot too. He missed a wide open Davis like 8 times tonight. Davis could have had 40 if Vasquez made some of those passes. Let's not pretend the guy is Chris Paul or anything.

He missed the part of basketball where the stat sheet was the see all tell all of a performance but yet he's the one introducing us to the -17.

I don't know about this, he is on the upper hash of PG's assist wise.

We'll agree to disagree, no need to get so defensive.
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by stevenAitsover View Post
    Lol we got **** poor guards as starter. I'm sry but vasquez is a good bench player not starter material. Also Roberts need to learn to stop dribbling the ball too much.
    And if people can't see this then I don't know what to tellem.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Greivis wouldn't have had 11 assists without Brow either. It goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    He missed the part of basketball where the stat sheet was the see all tell all of a performance but yet he's the one introducing us to the -17.
    One stat that goes beyond the normal points/rebounds etc. You win Davis played amazing

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    If you guys see nothing wrong with Davis's lack of effort carry on, I don't like to be that guy it's whatever. I don't even like watching this team, I understand Davis is a rookie but the effort should be there. It's one of the reasons JSMOOVE became my favorite Hornet.
    Only because you expect to see Davis bouncing off the ground to block every shot that goes at the rim. You call it a lack of effort because what you want and expect him to do isn't what he's doing, so the issue must be with him.

This is what I meant when what Davis is and what he isn't are going to come into contention.

He's not going to be this aggressive, flexing swatting shots like flies guy. Or even overly emotional. Dude threw down two nice jams and looked the same as he always does while doing them. He's more Tim Duncan than he's KG.

And effort is why you admire Smith? That's fine. But whatever metric you're using on Davis seems kind of tunneled visioned on something very specific that you'll probably never see.

rivers has to start to show something.

One stat that goes beyond the normal points/rebounds etc. You win Davis played amazing

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Monty just said Davis played hard. And that's that.

I see all kinds of advanced stats that go beyond normal points and rebounds, coop. I'm pretty sure none of them use +/- as a metric.

Am I sitting here saying Davis did no wrong? Not at all. He's got to work on passing. Twice he's thrown something weird that went out of bounds. Was late on a few roations which got him into foul trouble. He doesn't box out as much as he should.

And I really don't like seeing him try to take charges. It can be habit forming. I know it's probably because of size differences and it's a veteran move, but he's not a veteran yet. And even then, I'd rather see him contest shots up high, rather than on his back. Not a good look.

Is that alone going to discount 28 freaking points? To try and say he had less than a great game overall? There's holding to a higher standard and there's just being something similar to callousness.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 11-17-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Who is getting defensive? I never said anything derogatory to you. I'm just saying that Vasquez, while he'll put up stats, has major gaps in his game.

Davis had the best game of his young career tonight, so there is no need to attack him. The rookie is doing great, so enjoy it man. If Davis was dogging it, Monty would yank him from the game in a second. That isn't Davis' style though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I see all kinds of advanced stats that go beyond normal points and rebounds, coop. I'm pretty sure none of them use +/- as a metric.
    http://www.82games.com/1213/12NOH13.HTM#onoff
    New Orleans is worse at most aspects while Davis is off the court. He's a good player, he just doesn't play hard it's my opinion, they'll differ we're no going to make any progress here so just go back to your praising Davis.

http://www.82games.com/1213/12NOH13.HTM#onoff
    New Orleans is worse at most aspects while Davis is off the court. He's a good player, he just doesn't play hard it's my opinion, they'll differ we're no going to make any progress here so just go back to your praising Davis.
    Monty just said Davis was playing with a sore ankle so we see.

Looks like he really did tweak it. Those can swell up on your overnight. This bears watching.

Not sure if anyones mentioned... Roger Mason was a hugely underrated signing by this team. Hes been great, i love his catch/shoot ability without necessarily needing his feet set, has a high release point, and shoots a good % .

Assists really don't mean much. It can come off a simple pass to someone who makes a difficult 3 with a hand in their face (Anderson), or someone athletic and quick enough to finish at the rim (Aminu, Davis). It's not always because the pg got by his man and forced the defense to rotate.

It's about how the offense runs and the Hornets too often have to scramble against the shot clock because Vasques can't get by his man or he missed someone open on a pnr.

He would look MUCH better with Gordon next to him, but that guy is unreliable and shouldn't be depended on in any fashion. Therefore, this team needs to look at an upgrade at PG NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    And if people can't see this then I don't know what to tellem.
    let's remember here that Vasquez is supposed to be coming off the bench... except someone is in Cali rehabbing his knee that should've been ready months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Not sure if anyones mentioned... Roger Mason was a hugely underrated signing by this team. Hes been great, i love his catch/shoot ability without necessarily needing his feet set, has a high release point, and shoots a good % .
    Yeah, he had a nice game tonight. Roger Mason can knock down shots but I think he was really brought here first and foremost for his veteran leadership. Every team needs good vets in the lockerroom. The made shots are lagniappe.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    let's remember here that Vasquez is supposed to be coming off the bench... except someone is in Cali rehabbing his knee that should've been ready months ago
    Well obviously we can't have Vasquez coming off the bench because then how would Davis get his points?

Vasquez does as well as he can. But, again, he has his limitations. They're going to persist. He can't guard guys like Tony Parker, Westbrook, John Wall, Felton, Ty Lawson...list goes on and on. It lets guys get into the lane and nothing good happens when people get into lane unimpeded. Leads to uncontested 3s and easy scoops to big men for layups and what not.

Until we make the move, it'll persist. Doesn't mean we're hating on Vasquez or anything of the sort...just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Vasquez does as well as he can. But, again, he has his limitations. They're going to persist. He can't guard guys like Tony Parker, Westbrook, John Wall, Felton, Ty Lawson...list goes on and on. It lets guys get into the lane and nothing good happens when people get into lane unimpeded. Leads to uncontested 3s and easy scoops to big men for layups and what not.

Until we make the move, it'll persist. Doesn't mean we're hating on Vasquez or anything of the sort...just how it is.
    He does. I agree in that we're not hating on him. He'll have good games but that doesn't necessarily mean he should be starting. He'd be a pretty nice asset to have coming off the bench. Maybe Davis should come off the bench with him so he can be lucky enough to get at least 15 points.

Dude really needs to lean on the players around him. Davis has more than shown he can convert even tough buckets. Don't have to spoon feed him easy scores. Wish we'd see him get more lobs. And not even the alley lobs. Ones into the paint.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Milwaukee is extremely solid. I don't think anyone expected Jennings and Ellis to work this well together and they've got good depth at every position.

Thread Information