Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Gameday Thread: Thunder @ Hornets

Davis was the second most prolific transition scorer among big men after John Henson, which makes sense considering the speed with which he runs the floor. He ranked #1 among big men at finishing off cuts, converting an outstanding 83% of his field goal attempts in these situations. He also ranked as the best overall finisher (in any situation) around the basket, hitting 78% of his attempts, or nearly 1.6 points per shot. Getting the ball to Davis underneath the basket in a position to score appears to be sound advice for his next coach in the NBA.
    This is just a quote I found on DX.com. Is Monty even attempting to use Davis the way he was used at Kentucky? I mean I know this is the NBA and it's a bit different from college but should Davis have a few plays ran for him?

Davis should have many plays ran for him.. his by far the most skilled offensive talent in the starting lineup.. outside from Eric Gordon. But the thing is.. i didnt see any plays being run today, idk whats up with our offence but it seems lopez is out go to guy for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    This is just a quote I found on DX.com. Is Monty even attempting to use Davis the way he was used at Kentucky? I mean I know this is the NBA and it's a bit different from college but should Davis have a few plays ran for him?
    Davis is getting vastly more plays run for him in the NBA than he did in college. He is actually being asked to create and do other things more than a handful of times every game. In college, he would do that like twice, max.

Getting the ball where he's comfortable is how Davis scores all his points that aren't putbacks.

AD is only a few games into his career... its a learning experience for everyone including the coaches... remember?

By the end of the season everyone will understand their place on this team, and 2013 should be special. I'm not expecting much from our team this year but they can be fun to watch.

Is it me? Or is the basket that more bigger for everyone else when they play against the Hornets? Sheez... 2 straight games teams have shot the 3 at some ridiculous clip.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I feel like we don't run plays for anyone aside from Anderson.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    They aren't bad plays either. Not sure why we aren't doing similar things for Davis.

At least Rivers is incrementally shooting better. At this rate by game 48 he'll be shooting something respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Davis should have many plays ran for him.. his by far the most skilled offensive talent in the starting lineup.. outside from Eric Gordon. But the thing is.. i didnt see any plays being run today, idk whats up with our offence but it seems lopez is out go to guy for some reason.
    To be far, Monty did say at the beginning of the Davis era that he didnt wanna put to much pressure on the young guy.. soo i guess this is what he meant.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Yeah but it's up to Monty to put the kid in a position to succeed. Chances are, if he's succeeding, the team is succeeding.

Our guards need to play better more than anything else. When the guards play well, Aminu goes off. That alone opens up everything else.

It's why we gotta make a move. Not crazy about Harris, but he's got to be gettable. He's just languishing Again, Vasquez has played well. But his limitations are too great for him to continue starting.

I think Tyreke Evans could be had in a dealer Dell type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I think Tyreke Evans could be had in a dealer Dell type deal.
    Yeah, but that would make our spacing even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Yeah, but that would make our spacing even worse.
    Agreed.

Another slasher who can't shoot to save his life.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

'Reke wouldn't be another slasher though. He'd be our BEST slasher by far until whatever century Gordon comes back from. He can get to the tin and legitimately finish instead of sort of like Rivers is for now.

We need more. I'm not all that worried about who it is so long as their contract is manageable. And Evans is an expiring.

I mean, it wouldn't be a particularly bad trade but I don't really see the long-term upside. We need guards that are enough of a threat from distance that guys will close out on them.

Thread Information