Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets at Rockets: Advanced Box Score

Hornets at Rockets: Advanced Box Score

Frustrating game to watch. Not just during the 2nd quarter, but the 4th as well. Certain guys were left in too long, bad matchups defensively, bad shot selection, guards dribbling over and over while missing mismatches in the post.

Offensive Rating (Team - 105.7)

Vasquez - 139
    Anderson - 120
    Davis - 102
    Henry - 102
    Smith - 98
    Aminu - 94
    Rivers - 89
    Roberts - 83
    Lopez - 80
    Mason - 49 (6 minutes)
    Miller - 0 (7 minutes)

1) Only two guys stood out offensively. Vasquez scored and dished out assists. Limited turnovers, shot the ball very well. Anderson was off from 3's, but still scored and had offensive rebounds. Unfortunately he shared the floor with Brian Roberts who doesn't pass to anyone. Anderson was also unlucky on a couple of 3s that rimmed out.

2) Outside of Vasquez, the guard play wasn't good. Miller and Mason didn't do anything. Roberts didn't run the offense well and Rivers while shooting better, also had some turnovers and was 1-4 from 2s.

3) Davis didn't assert himself in this game. Still, I wish Monty would run more plays for him in the pick n roll.

Defensive Rating (Team - 110)

Aminu - 101
    Davis - 102
    Miller - 109
    Lopez - 109
    Anderson - 111
    Rivers - 114
    Mason - 115
    Smith - 115
    Vasquez - 115
    Roberts - 118
    Henry -118

1) Just an awful night defensively. Harden did whatever he wanted in the paint. Rockets made a bunch of 3's. Seemed like Monty couldn't figure out the best lineup defensively. I think putting Aminu on Harden was a mistake. Aminu is long, but is better against SFs or longer SGs than quick SGs like Harden. Rivers didn't do well against Parsons, but seemed fine against Lin. Probably was better off leaving Vasquez on Harden and trapping when necessary.

2) Our guards don't defend well. Rivers is ok at times, but no one really defends well. They make it difficult for the big men in the paint.

3) Davis was ok, but his rebounding left alot to be desired. He did a poor job rebounding and seemed to be bothered by Patterson's width. His rebounding issues gave the Rockets extra possessions especially late in the game.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thanks, good posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    We really need to bring in a vet guard. Devin Harris is averaging less than 19 minutes per for Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    We really need to bring in a vet guard. Devin Harris is averaging less than 19 minutes per for Atlanta.
    I agree. Harris would be ideal, but even a veteran SG to start while Gordon while moving Rivers to the backup PG role because he would be an upgrade over Roberts at that role.

Vasquez for MIP?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    They absolutely killed us with the pick and roll. They took 21 shots out of it (15 ball handler, 6 roll man) and converted on 12 of them.

Thread Information