Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: REALISTIC Trade Scenario

REALISTIC Trade Scenario

I have a couple points to make and point out before i get to the trade:

1. I love vasques but i believe when gordon comes back and rivers matures he wont be a good fit for us. I think while he is being viewed as a hot comodity we should package him and our 1st round pick for a stud.

2. If we package our 1st round pick NOW we would get more value for it. Teams most likely think we are just lucking out winning games but still so us as a bad franchise, when gordon comes back, i honestly see us as a top 8 team; therefor trade vasques and our 1st while it has most trade value, NOW!

Who would u want for Vasquez and our 2013 1st round pick

I am interested in brandon jennings or steph curry, both are combo guards who can score and get others involved, both of these guys would not only help us by scoring, but make it easier for others to score, no more doubles on gordon or davis.

Do you think either team would trade curry or jennings for vasques and our 1st, maybe our 1st and 2nd?

Jennings/Curry
    Gordon
    Aminu
    Davis/ryno
    Lopez

this team would be deadly with a mixture of great offense and defense

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Are you PLUGGING in Roberts in the mix as the back-up 1 ?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Why would GS trade a guy they JUST signed to a multi-million dollar deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Are you PLUGGING in Roberts in the mix as the back-up 1 ?
    no, that would be rivers...

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Why would GS trade a guy they JUST signed to a multi-million dollar deal?
    didnt know he did, damn my bad

Its all good, no worries.

That said, I'd love to get Jennings... but he's playing out of his mind right now.

Frankly, if we get Curry or Jennings (I would prefer Curry for the extra 800,000)______I dont think EGO would rvrt take the court ! If he thought that rivers was a threat ! >> Holy Cow ! He would really have "A pale in the Sandbox FIT" I Think we should package a trade to get rid of Gordon ! I would jump at Aaron Brooks, Thornton and Tyreke Evans for Gordon and Vazquez + a toss in !

REALISTIC Trade Scenario

I see him getting signed by Dallas or someone with a lot of money to blow

REALISTIC Trade Scenario

Frankly, if we get Curry or Jennings (I would prefer Curry for the extra 800,000)______I dont think EGO would rvrt take the court ! If he thought that rivers was a threat ! >> Holy Cow ! He would really have "A pale in the Sandbox FIT" I Think we should package a trade to get rid of Gordon ! I would jump at Aaron Brooks, Thornton and Tyreke Evans for Gordon and Vazquez + a toss in !
    No

WHEW WEEE, Have you taken a gander at the Mavericks roster ! That is Geriatric ville !

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    No
    No, What ! Reason !?

brooks, Mt and tyreke are all overrated and chuckers, much rather gordon or jennings

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    That said, I'd love to get Jennings... but he's playing out of his mind right now.
    Agreed, i know demps tried packaging a player and our #10 pick from last draft for him but the bucks didnt bite

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Agreed, i know demps tried packaging a player and our #10 pick from last draft for him but the bucks didnt bite
    I can see why the Bucks didnt want to get rid of him ! They are paying him "sweatshop labor" Pay ! My Goodness, they are under minimum wage ! Ellis is making 8 mill more per year than Jennings !

Rondo & Courtney Lee for Gordon and Vazquez

i would do that if:
    1. austin rivers keeps showing promise
    2. we end able able to draft someone like archie goodwin
    3. it would be nice to save the money on gordon's contract and get a max player

1. rondo/rivers
    2. archie/lee
    3. iggy/aminu/miller
    4. davis/ryno
    5. lopez/smith

this is a very nice lineup

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    It's pointless to conjecture on trades reliant on 'when Gordon comes back.' The man has not proven anything in terms of actually being able to suit up and play more than a handful of games.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Boston would never make this move.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Heres a more realistic one:

Vazquez and Aminu for Brandon Jennings

Right now it looks bad cause Aminu looks really good. But do you guys think it will last. Same with Vasquez.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

no am i n u

I don't think VAsquez' play is a fluke this season, he's really comfortable in this offense and he has been consistent each game, that said, Jennings would be a great upgrade, however, if we lost Vasquez (the team is human), the morale will probably go down the drain, he is definitely the leader of the team and everybody looks up to him on and off of the court... Big Ant loves the dude

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I think Aminu's play will last.

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    I don't think VAsquez' play is a fluke this season, he's really comfortable in this offense and he has been consistent each game, that said, Jennings would be a great upgrade, however, if we lost Vasquez (the team is human), the morale will probably go down the drain, he is definitely the leader of the team and everybody looks up to him on and off of the court... Big Ant loves the dude
    And you know this how?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    With as good as our bigs are with Lopez, Davis, Anderson and Smith, I would do just about anything to get the backcourt of Jennings and Gordon. The scoring is obvious, but the defense would be worlds better. For a team that prides itself on defense, we are getting killed by driving guards. I know a lot of people would find this ridiculous, but I would do Vasquez, Rivers and our first.

Thread Information