.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Results 126 to 132 of 132

Thread: Possible Hornets Trade: Warrick to CHA for Carroll/Carroll bought out

  1. #126
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Hornets' expected buyout of Matt Carroll, acquired last week in deal w/Charlotte for Hakim Warrick, is complete and makes Carroll free agent

  2. #127
    Hollygrove 4 Life DroopyDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Too far from Home
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Hornets' expected buyout of Matt Carroll, acquired last week in deal w/Charlotte for Hakim Warrick, is complete and makes Carroll free agent
    Any updated cap numbers? Anyone?

  3. #128

    Re: Possible Hornets Trade: Warrick to CHA for Carroll/Carroll bought out

    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Any updated cap numbers? Anyone?
    Cap doesn't change, iirc. This just frees up a roster spot.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #129
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Cap doesn't change, iirc. This just frees up a roster spot.
    It depends on what the buyout is. If we buy him out for $2.5 million because he knows he can get $1.1 million for the Vet Minimum from another team, only $2.5 million will count and the Hornets save $1 million on the cap and Carroll can pick up an extra $100,000 to go to a team that wants him.

  5. #130
    Enjoys Waffles P Raff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In The Building
    Posts
    1,394
    Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    It depends on what the buyout is. If we buy him out for $2.5 million because he knows he can get $1.1 million for the Vet Minimum from another team, only $2.5 million will count and the Hornets save $1 million on the cap and Carroll can pick up an extra $100,000 to go to a team that wants him.
    I wonder what the likelihood is that someone picks him up. Especially on a guaranteed deal.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

    @ThePraff

  6. #131
    Since Charlotte can't acquire him, he's not going to be picked up.

  7. #132
    There must be a reason they just did not cut Warrick.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •