Pelicans Report

Thread: Hornets forward Ryan Anderson emerging as a scorer and rebounder

Hornets forward Ryan Anderson emerging as a scorer and rebounder

When the New Orleans Hornets acquired power forward Ryan Anderson in a sign-and-trade deal with the Orlando Magic this summer, they expected him to be their best player off the bench, capable of extending defenses with his perimeter shooting.

Anderson, 6 feet 10, 240 pounds, has shown he’s capable of providing more than that after five games. He’s the team’s second-leading rebounder (8.2) and has shown a tendency to score in the post besides making perimeter shots.

Anderson is coming off his best game, a 25-point performance against the Charlotte Bobcats in this past Friday’s 107-99 victory at the New Orleans Arena. Anderson made 10-of-16 shots, including five 3-pointers, and grabbed seven rebounds. He has scored in double figures in four of their first five games with his only setback coming against Philadelphia when he was held to nine points.
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ss..._river_default

dude is a beast, his mid range drops, he has put back layups, great finger rolls, and his post game is nasty, and he is 24, GREAT pickup!

He's hit or miss this season. He'll have one good game and one bad game and one good game and one bad game. I don't blame him. The guard play has been below average this season. He's been so good in his good games it makes his overall numbers look pretty good. He's a good signing and once the guard play improves, he will be dynamite.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    He's hit or miss this season. He'll have one good game and one bad game and one good game and one bad game. I don't blame him. The guard play has been below average this season. He's been so good in his good games it makes his overall numbers look pretty good. He's a good signing and once the guard play improves, he will be dynamite.
    Either way, defenses have to take into account his shooting ability, which spreads the defense. When Gordon gets back, we can start scoring way more points and winning more games.
    Formally known as WhoDatMan504

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatMan504 View Post
    Either way, defenses have to take into account his shooting ability, which spreads the defense. When Gordon gets back, we can start scoring way more points and winning more games.
    That's true. A shooter on the floor has to always be taken into account. Joakim Noah mentioned this when we last played the Bulls.

Joakim Noah:
    On the game:
    “Tough day at the office. We got our asses kicked. They outplayed us. They were way more on edge than us. It’s
    unfortunate because it was a good opportunity to go 3-0. But, on to the next one. 3 games in, 79 more to go.”

“It’s tough, because when they have a stretch shooter in Ryan Anderson, it’s harder to set your rotations. Even
    if he didn’t shoot the ball particularly well from 3 tonight, his presence on the court makes it difficult. Robin
    played great tonight. Jason played great tonight. You have to give credit when credit is due. We didn’t play our
    best basketball tonight. We need to play better, no question

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    And they said he'd be nothing without Howard. This will end up being one of the greatest value signings ever.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    And they said he'd be nothing without Howard. This will end up being one of the greatest value signings ever.
    Not to mention Lopez at 5 mil per year.
    "Every fight is a food fight when you're a cannibal."- Demetri Martin

@ThePraff

Dude was MIP for the above reasons.

Now, he's emerging.

Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    I'll still laughing at the fact that people were saying how overpaid Anderson was when he received his contract and that Ersan Ilyasova was a better contract than Anderson due to his skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    To be fair, that's his game though and has always been. He's either going to be hot or cold. If he was more consistent, he'd probably be close to a 20ppg shooter. The good news is, while he is mostly a deep threat, he can put points in the basket when he's cold from deep.

Even when he's cold, he A.) contributes by stretching the floor, and B.) contributing on the boards, particularly offensively. I didn't realize he had so many dimensions to his game until he got here.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It so nice having a good player like him coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Dude was MIP for the above reasons.

Now, he's emerging.

Got it.
    Yeah, next we will read an article talking about how Tyson Chandler is starting to emerge as a defensive presence.
    @mcnamara247

Hornets forward Ryan Anderson emerging as a scorer and rebounder

Chandler is a major presence on the offensive end. That part of his performance is severely understated.

The Times Picayune posts articles about the team/players we post it because some fans are actually interested.

We are just having a laugh at the fact that an article says that the guy who coming off a season in which he just won an award for Most Improved Player in the entire NBA is just starting to emerge now, in a season in which his stats are actually down from the prior year. If the article was titled: Ryan Anderson, good player- then fine. But how is a guy who just won that award just starting to emerge now?

Just find it funny

Well yeah, we know how 'slow' the TP is but some people might still want to read a quote or two from a player every now and then.

Article is fine. I enjoyed it. Just would have changed the title if I was the editor.

I can read about Ryan Anderson all day. In fact, throw some tidbits in there about his girl, maybe a pic or two as well!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Article is fine. I enjoyed it. Just would have changed the title if I was the editor.

I can read about Ryan Anderson all day. In fact, throw some tidbits in there about his girl, maybe a pic or two as well!
    Yes please.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information