Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wrestlemania 30 Rumor

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    Yeah, he definitely was a legend and a character that made the Undertaker character so special to see. He was a real life undertaker too.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

I saw RoH in Houston. Saw Colt Cabana, Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson), Austin Aries, and more. 5th row. Cheap, too.

Also, you the same yankeesman on Hornets247?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM View Post
    Wrestlemania 30 is going to be my first Wrestlemania, so if its in New Orleans it works out perfectly.
    Yahoo, was planning on coming back to New Orleans and planning on going to Wrestlemania now my travel plans just got slightly cheaper.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    I saw RoH in Houston. Saw Colt Cabana, Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson), Austin Aries, and more. 5th row. Cheap, too.

Also, you the same yankeesman on Hornets247?
    Yea I'm looking forward to attending an ROH show when they come down for mania.

Who's going to be in NYC this weekend?

I will beeeeeeeeee. Probably the only one to that's from the area that somewhat posts on this forum site.

And yes I am Jason.
    Last edited by yankeesman77; 04-04-2013 at 03:13 AM. Reason: adding in the identity.

Cool. Maybe we can grab a slice or catch part of a Hornets game if the flight cooperates.

man Paul Bearer's passing has made me sad, use to love him!!! Probably the most unique manager I've seen!

Memorable for the look and the face but the best manager of all time will and always will be Bobby "The Brain" Heenan. But yeah, wrestlemania is gonna be awesome. Also going to the Hall of Fame on Saturday Night. Can't wait to pop my wrestlemania cherry.

We'll be at the Garden as well.

On the way to met life stadium. Section 327. It's gonna be awesomeeeee!!!!!

So what did everyone think of the show tonight? Punk/taker best match of the night by far. With that said though, everything was predictable and underwhelming. If there was ever a time for a "Russo swerve " it was tonight, but nothing happened. 5.5/10 and that's being generous.

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    I watched it at the Fox N Hound with about 15 other people in our group. This was my first time watching Mania in a bar setting since I went to 27 and 28. I'm happy the Shield won, but the Big Show turning back heel was so predictable and laughable if you really think about it. I, among others, was hoping Orton would turn heel, so I hope it is still in the cards. Ryback/Henry was fine with what they could do. Ryback keeps losing which makes me scratching my head. He's been built up as a monster, but since October, has really tapered off. Was hoping Ziggler/Big E would won, but Hell No came out victorious.

Fandango/Jericho was fine. Jericho put over Fandango; which is what Jericho is there for now, to put over younger stars. Gotta give credit to Johhny Curtis for embracing the Fandango gimmick and getting himself over the way he is. Vince loves the character so get ready to see more Fandango. Surprised they gave ADR/Swagger over 10 minutes and was hoping Swagger would win, but I understand why Swagger would lose (with the looming court date and all). They could have done a Ziggler cash-in but to no avail.

Taker/Punk was fantastic and easily the match of the night. It is rumored Punk will take some time off after this match and he definitely needs it. He is burnt out and he could use some much-needed rest and time off. As for the rest of the card, my interest in the show dwindled quickly and I feel the crowd felt the same way.

Brock/HHH worked their tails off, but the crowd, or myself, never recovered from Taker/Punk. Was hoping HBK would cause HHH the match somehow, but HHH got his win back from SSlam. I don't think this loss hurt Brock, but it didn't help. And who is left to face HHH now? I would've been fine with a retirement.

Rock/Cena started very, very slow for me, but got exciting towards the end. I really hope they do not do a Rock/Cena III because 2 matches is just enough and tonight showed it. It was obvious Cena would win, but was hoping for some kind of turn from Cena. If not heel, just show some edge for petes sake! His character is just so bland and stale. He needs to be refreshed. On the ramp, it seemed like Rock passed the torch, but Cena has been the guy for 10+ years so that pose from Rock and Cena on the ramp seemed pointless to me. They had the chance to turn Cena twice tonight (in the ring and on the ramp), but did not act on it.

Overall, I enjoyed the first two hours, but after Taker/Punk, I just lost interest. It was a huge mistake to have your three big money-making matches back-to-back-to-back. It burned out viewers, and it obviously burned out the live crowd.
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Wrestlemania.....watched it live on ppv at a friends......underwhelmed.........they need some new exciting talent.....the youngsters are lacking

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MontyPython View Post
    Wrestlemania.....watched it live on ppv at a friends......underwhelmed.........they need some new exciting talent.....the youngsters are lacking
    Liking the Ryback heel turn right now. Something fresh and different than Cena and Orton on my tv. Big fan of Sandow. My early pick to win MITB. Shame they bumped his 8 person tag off the card. Hope he still got his WM pay bonus.

But I agree the youngsters are lacking. Rock, Taker, HHH, Brock, etc part-timers aren't gonna be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsDude3160 View Post
    Liking the Ryback heel turn right now. Something fresh and different than Cena and Orton on my tv. Big fan of Sandow. My early pick to win MITB. Shame they bumped his 8 person tag off the card. Hope he still got his WM pay bonus.

But I agree the youngsters are lacking. Rock, Taker, HHH, Brock, etc part-timers aren't gonna be around forever.
    I'm not sure it's a heel turn as much as an anti-hero storyline. Much like SCSA, he might well be a babyface who often doesn't get along with other babyfaces.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Not helping Cena against The Shield last monday definitely screams heel turn at least that's as to how they are trying to position it from the words of Vince McMahon through Cole's headset. Hardcore smart fans don't like Cena because there's no vulnerability. Ryback though after constantly losing on big platforms like PPV's need some heat under him and it's a good start but they definitely need more for him for other people to take him seriously.

Very interesting! Another gossip I study these days is a primary purpose WWE would keep it down here is the apparent tax smashes.

Thread Information