Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania 30 Rumor

Wrestlemania 30 Rumor

no real details, but there's a rumor that wm30 could be in the dome!

nodq.com/wwe/354731945.shtml

I doubt that, wrestlemania returns to New York every 10 years.

WM 29 is in New York
    MJR

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2636...eing-discussed

As of now, WZ can exclusively report WWE is looking at New Orleans and the Superdome to host WrestleMania 30 in 2014.

One source told us that it wouldn't be safe to call it "official" until an actual announcement is made by WWE, but that the negotiations seem to be going smoothly and both sides are in the final business stages.
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Announcement and presser at EC in Feb is the rumor.

NY/NJ announcement was well before 28 happened.

Very interesting! Another rumor I read today is a main reason WWE would hold it down here is the obvious tax breaks.

Also, I read 30 could be in LA if WWE does Summerslam in UK...

Wrestlemania 30 Rumor

That'd be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    NY/NJ announcement was well before 28 happened.
    Yeah, usually the next WM is announced two - four weeks before the current WM...

The Franchise
    Wrestlemania 30 is going to be my first Wrestlemania, so if its in New Orleans it works out perfectly.
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

it will be official today! can't wait!

Locked.

Anyone go to EC?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Locked.

Anyone go to EC?
    I did. thought it was good. main event was a bit of a let down. chamber match and six man tag were the best matches. and lol at the del Rio botch!

I was there too. Sec 124, 3rd row; between entrance and ring.

Rhodes Scholars was great. Brodus/Tensai pairing *eye roll*. Del Rio/Show was ok. Del Rio's face turn has taken off exceptionally well. Crowd has definitely taken a liking for him. Surprised Ziggler didn't cash in here. Cesaro/Miz was underwhelming. Chamber match was great. Shocked they gave Zeb/Swagger that much promo time. NOLA crowd erupted for Orton. Crowd was kinda quiet during the match until Orton riled the crowd up. My friends and I popped huge when Swagger rolled up Orton for the win. Really didn't think they were going to give it to Swagger as my pick was Henry or Orton. Guy's got a ton of talent, just been underutilized for so long (not his fault, just on creative). Hopefully there's no end in sight for Swagger now.

Surprised to see the 6 man tag right after Chamber. NOLA crowd erupted again for Cena. Sheamus got a good pop. Ryback got the same pop. Didn't expect Shield to win, so my group cheered big when Reigns hit the spear and Rollins pinned Ryback. Reigns and Ambrose will be players for years to come. Hope Rollins goes the same route.

Glad to see Ziggler get promo time and typical match between Kofi that we are used to see. Big E is huge. AJ was looking fantastic as usual. Typical, short Divas match. Natayla should be in the title hunt as she is the only one who can actually wrestle. Kaitlyn was looking stunning as usual.

Nice mixed reaction for Punk. The roof blew off once Rock's music hit. It was awesome to see the Rock back in a ring live in NOLA in over 11 years. I'm a fan of both guys and great to see the match live, but was expecting more out of the main event. The two ref bumps were ridiculous, especially the second one.

Overall, a fun show and definitely worth my money. Really surprising endings with Swagger and Shield going over. Can't wait for Mania 30!

I was in 102 across from the hard camera right where Rollins and Ambrose came out for shield vs. super friends match. that spear reigns gave sheamus through the barricade was amazing! those guys are talented. let's just hope they get good singles pushes when the shield ends. I'm glad they gave swagger a mouth piece in Dutch Mantell, he can generate lots of old fashioned heat with that gimmick. chamber match was my favorite of the night. I too like both rock and punk, so I stayed neutral. haven't seen rock since a smackdown taping in Lafayette in the early 2000s so it was awesome to see him once again. I was hoping he would have cut a promo after they went off the air but it was all good. the match was ok nothing spectacular which was a bummer. but overall good show. cena still sucks and I think ryback is starting to steal some of his thunder. which is why I see a cena heal turn in the near future imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSpeed View Post
    I was in 102 across from the hard camera right where Rollins and Ambrose came out for shield vs. super friends match. that spear reigns gave sheamus through the barricade was amazing! those guys are talented. let's just hope they get good singles pushes when the shield ends. I'm glad they gave swagger a mouth piece in Dutch Mantell, he can generate lots of old fashioned heat with that gimmick. chamber match was my favorite of the night. I too like both rock and punk, so I stayed neutral. haven't seen rock since a smackdown taping in Lafayette in the early 2000s so it was awesome to see him once again. I was hoping he would have cut a promo after they went off the air but it was all good. the match was ok nothing spectacular which was a bummer. but overall good show. cena still sucks and I think ryback is starting to steal some of his thunder. which is why I see a cena heal turn in the near future imo.
    Yeah I stopped being a Cena fan once he introduced the spinner belt. Loved the Thuganomics character back in 02/03, but now he has no gimmick to him. He's just blah. When Ambrose said there is a John Cena Problem, that was awesome and true to life. Ryback gets a bad rap, but I am a fan of his. It's a new guy being pushed and a fresh face, yet fans are complaining. Can't please everyone I guess. And Swagger and Zeb are already getting publicity with some online news articles and being mentioned on Alex Jones, so the plan is working. That spear from Reigns was sick! I see very good things for all 3 Shield members..

107 row 1 off the floor.

I really enjoyed it. Alberto recovered nicely. I marked out for Swagger. Totally.

Assumed Rock would win, and assuming Cena over Rock at Mania today. We'll see what happens.

Just when Swagger was on the up...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-st...ns/?adid=hero2

All-American American.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    If anyone's going to WrestleMania 29 up by me, having it in Met Life stadium is definitely going to be surreal especially with the NY weather. Since it'll be in New Orleans next year, I'd love to head on down to see the event and catch a Pelicans game also.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    If anyone's going to WrestleMania 29 up by me, having it in Met Life stadium is definitely going to be surreal especially with the NY weather. Since it'll be in New Orleans next year, I'd love to head on down to see the event and catch a Pelicans game also.
    I'd love to go to Mania this year, especially to meet Flair at Axxess, but I'm gonna save up for next year haha.

I'll be there 99%. Got tickets already.

how much do tickets to mania usually cost? and how much is all the axxess stuff? trying to get a ball park figure for what I'm going to be spending next year.

btw, punk and cena had another fantastic match Monday night. as much as I dislike cena, he and punk have great chemistry and bring the best out in one another. don't remember the last time I saw a pile driver, and cena with a hurricanrana, that was ballsy of him lol!
    Last edited by ReedSpeed; 02-27-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Mania costs anywhere from $20 to $100 to sit upstairs, $50 to $150 to sit in the lower bowl, and like $100 to $2000 to sit on the floor. I usually get the best tickets I can between $50 and $125. Don't get floor unless you are dropping major cash.

Check out 29 tickets and use those as upper limits on prices. I may be wrong, but that is what I'm doing. I'vee been to 16, 17, and 23-28, by the way.

Axxess is cheap. It's the Jam Session if you have been to and NBA All-Star weekend.

Along with Axxess, be sure to check out the Kevin Nash Shenanigans party and Wrestlecon, if you're interested in meeting legends and stars from the Attitude Era.

Wrestlecon has major names this year, such as Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, and Bret Hart.

Went to Kevin Nash's party last year in Miami. It was a lot of fun. PWRshow.com puts on the event. A lot of Attitude Era guys were there, such as X-Pac, Billy Gunn, Rikishi. A few WWF stars, such as Headbangers and Sunny. DDP, Rhyno, and Robbie E were also in attendance.

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    also with WrestleCon is some major matches put on by some of the top Indy groups in the country. If you are a wrestling fan and live in the area where Mania is held and go to absolutely nothing, then you may have to hand in your wrestling fan credentials.

Thread Information