Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Gordon and the Optimism Bias

I think of the guys we have on this team, and the chances that they have had to take serious time off due to injuries, Gordon is milking it more than a cow.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Who cares if he despises the team/doesn't want to be here/whatever. Reality is he's fragile as glass. 78, 62, 56, 9, 0 (to date). Yep, that's his games played per year. Notice a pattern? Oh yes, I know everyone keeps saying 'just wait 'till Gordon gets back, yadda yadda.' Until he proves otherwise the only thing he's proven is he can't stay healthy. And I don't care if you're Michael Jordon if you aren't on the court you are worthless -- in fact, less than worthless when you're eating up $15 million in cap space.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Orlando said that Houston's targeting of Lin and Asik got in the way of them working up a deal for Dwight. I'm sure it got in the way of making a move for Gordon also. Who knows, Demps may have already had an understanding with Houston that got negated by OKC unexpectedly dumping Harden.
    "Hey Dell, remember that time we traded with you guys and got Pau Gasol? Um, yeah LOL"

I just thought about the Gordon situation when reading this article. It shows how some FO's can lead people to believe otherwise about a players injuries.

Center Andrew Bogut won't return from left ankle rehabilitation this week as the Warriors anticipated, and he's getting increasingly frustrated by the team's continued drumming up of expectations.

This all seems to stem from the team claiming that he had minor arthroscopic surgery in April, a procedure that he says wasn't so minor.

The 7-footer said he had microfracture surgery, a much more serious procedure, and there's still way too much swelling to engage in strenuous activity. Playing in Saturday's game against Indiana, he says, is absolutely out of the question.

"It's frustrating," said Bogut, who addressed the media Tuesday after missing consecutive practices in which the team had said he was likely to participate. "People look at you and think, 'Why are you still hurting? It's just an ankle.' That's the feeling I get sometimes. ... You feel like you're letting down the team, the fans and the organization."

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/artic...us-4072108.php

Thread Information