Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Problem is the guards don't get other guys consistently involved. Davis, Smith, Ryno could get more production if the guard play was better.
    yep. When Roberts get in the game he's only looking for his shot. He dribbles the ball until there's about 5 sec left on the shot clock and then try to make something happen. I hope he works on getting other people involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I really believe Monty gave this game away just to give other guys time to learn the game and play. That HAS to be the reason for hi coaching. And Davis is clearly frustrated that he is not getting any looks from guards or offensive plays. Rivers is on suicide watch right now, he really wants "it" but he isnt ready yet. But overall, I think the Hornets didn't care about a "win", it was all for experimenting and learning

thats how i viewed this game.
    I know Monty just got his new contract but he'd better care SOMETHING about winning.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelos View Post
    yep. When Roberts get in the game he's only looking for his shot. He dribbles the ball until there's about 5 sec left on the shot clock and then try to make something happen. I hope he works on getting other people involved.
    If he's going to look for his own shot, then he should immediatley look for his own shot. There's nothing to be gained from holding the ball so long then hoisting up some bad shot.

We would have won if Matt Caroll had seen the floor. He's our championship piece.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    lets see....your best player really doesn't get into it at all. your starting center gets 1 rebound, your best 3 point shooter goes 2 for 10...and you come up short by 4 against a very solid team....oh, well...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    We would have won if Matt Caroll had seen the floor. He's our championship piece.
    This.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

no wonder harden has been going off, he's the only player in the nba the travelling rule doesn't apply too. in the third quarter alone i counted 3 unwhistled

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Our guards are horrid defensively.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    This team would be so much better with Gordon. I mean, seriously, he is EXACTLY what the team needs.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Even better.

Can someone add this to the smileys?

This team is going to be seriously good once Gordon comes back... I think most of us are forgetting just how good Gordon is... and as some have mentioned he is exactly what this team is missing!

I just don't understand why Roberts waves off the post every time there is a switch.

Also the NBA seriously needs to start telling the Refs to keep their eyes open.. Parsons with the clear double dribble on a fast break attempt, Asik with more travels than can be counted donw low and forget about Harden. There was a layup play where I counted 5 steps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    This team is going to be seriously good once Gordon comes back... I think most of us are forgetting just how good Gordon is... and as some have mentioned he is exactly what this team is missing!
    I declare from this moment forward, this player's name be stricken from the forum until said player...uhhh...PLAYS.

All those in favor say aye....AYE.

The ayes have it. Motion passed.

Also, Jeremy Lin isn't the same Jeremy Lin that we played in the Garden last season. That signing was a bust.

Doesn't have to do with our game, but:

@DarnellMayberryKendrick Perkins & Zach Randolph had an alteration. Police investigating.

Jenni Carlson ‏@JenniCarlson_OK
    As @DarnellMayberry says, there may be no investigation under way, but a NewsOK staffer heard yelling and walls and doors being hit.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Doesn't have to do with our game, but:
    They had an 'alteration'?

Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Also, Jeremy Lin isn't the same Jeremy Lin that we played in the Garden last season. That signing was a bust.
    He was bad in that game as well. 9 turnovers. His lack of vision and overrated ball-handling hinder him. He needs the ball in his hands to be productive and needs floor spacing. Luckily they have Harden around to cover up his flaws.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Harden can be held in check. I suspect the next time they play he will be. You just need to be able to funnel him to a big and rotate if he tries to pass. If thats done, he'll either throw up a contested brick or put his head down and drive, in a straight line, at all costs.

Aminu really disappointed. Got shook pretty easily. Somebody like G....DAMIIT!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Harden can be held in check. I suspect the next time they play he will be. You just need to be able to funnel him to a big and rotate if he tries to pass. If thats done, he'll either throw up a contested brick or put his head down and drive, in a straight line, at all costs.

Aminu really disappointed. Got shook pretty easily. Somebody like G....DAMIIT!
    I thought Aminu played fine, he could have been more aggressive getting around screens but the biggest problem was the slow footed Lopez imo.

Harden had 19 of his 30 points and was 7-11 at the half. In the second half when Lopez didn't get as many minutes as the other starters Harden scored 11 points on 3-9 shooting.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 11-14-2012 at 10:35 PM.

The refs treated Harden like he was MJ. The guy was flopping and traveling but still getting the fouls.

I thought Aminu played fine, he could have been more aggressive getting around screens but the biggest problem was the slow footed Lopez imo.
    I meant more on the defensive end. He let Harden waltz into the lane pretty easily even without a screen.

Doesn't bode well for when they have to play Ginobilli. Same type of player but better with a better shot.

Another thing I came to notice. Their starters played 48 combined minutes in the fourth quarter. Ours? 27 combined minutes. I know we outscored them by 5, but you have to think what could have been.

Thread Information