Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Not impressed with the coaching. Shooting could have been better. Davis seemed flat. At least it was close.

Calling for Gordon is pointless in these game threads right now because he is NOT coming thru that door.

Looks like i underestimated how much i was going to have to hate Houston. Harden-super hate.

The last couple minutes were infuriating. But we frankly had no business being in that game considering their shooting from 3 and our shooting from 3.

Referees certainly didn't do us any favors either. I missed the memo that Harden was the new Kobe.

Well played by the Hornets to get back in it, the final shot by Parsons was pretty lucky, shame Ryno couldnt have sunk 2 more 3's through the game... Where was Davis tonight?!

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Why is everyone complaining about the coaching? I only caught the tail end of the game.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Calling for Gordon is pointless in these game threads right now because he is NOT coming thru that door.
    Hah, exactly. If Gordon were here he'd be on the bench in a suit. Not sure how that helps the team.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So that's what a down game for Davis looks like. No matter.

Seems he's getting a little frustrated no one is pushing the ball to him in transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    The last couple minutes were infuriating. But we frankly had no business being in that game considering their shooting from 3 and our shooting from 3.
    When Monty started letting the guys play then that's when we got back into the game .. Then Monty completely screwed up the last 3 mins of the game ..
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Good news, we only missed one free throw tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Who's this dude with the awful hair? Where did the semi-hot pre/half/post game lady go?!?!

That 2nd quarter is what hurt the Hornets. They couldn't keep Harden out of the paint.

Rivers will be fine, he either is to hesitant to shoot the ball or wants to dish it out on drives/shots he should take himself. Only six games into the season, plenty of time for learning and improvement.

Harden is the new D-Whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    When Monty started letting the guys play then that's when we got back into the game .. Then Monty completely screwed up the last 3 mins of the game ..
    Also taking guys out early when they are red hot bc u have made up ur mind about rotations before the game started.

Anyone can get us a video of when AD got out of the game after the 2nd foul? .. the look on AD summed up his night. He was clearly frustrated, maybe from the continuous benching or because of not getting involved offensively.

Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Problem is the guards don't get other guys consistently involved. Davis, Smith, Ryno could get more production if the guard play was better.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

7 fg attempts for Davis tonite. 4 fouls tonite. I don't know that he's had a 4 foul game before tonight.

On an unrelated note, the Grizz just hammered OKC, just like what they did to the Heat the other night.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Peja View Post
    Anyone can get us a video of when AD got out of the game after the 2nd foul? .. the look on AD summed up his night. He was clearly frustrated, maybe from the continuous benching or because of not getting involved offensively.
    He's got to learn (as do all young players) how to create your own opportunities especially offensively. Only 4 rebounds? there's no way you are in the right positions and or being aggressive enough with a stat like that.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Problem is the guards don't get other guys consistently involved. Davis, Smith, Ryno could get more production if the guard play was better.
    About the only person I see guards actively looking to get involved is Lopez and Aminu. Roberts dribbles too much, not sure what to do. He needs to come off a screen and pull up or find someone to pass too. And often he just flat makes the wrong decision. Anderson has the mismatch and he waves him off so he can take his own mismatch on a big when he's not really a shot creator?

I really believe Monty gave this game away just to give other guys time to learn the game and play. That HAS to be the reason for hi coaching. And Davis is clearly frustrated that he is not getting any looks from guards or offensive plays. Rivers is on suicide watch right now, he really wants "it" but he isnt ready yet. But overall, I think the Hornets didn't care about a "win", it was all for experimenting and learning

thats how i viewed this game.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    7 fg attempts for Davis tonite.
    A.D. never really seemed into the game tonight. I dunno what was up with him. If you watched him off ball he really didnt move much. Hate to say it but looked a lil lazy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Anderson took 19 shots and only connected on 9. I think this game they didn't get Anthony involved very much at all, and the guards are definitely not getting Smith involved as much as he should be.

Thread Information