Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Rockets Game Thread

Da Throne has material to point to with Davis after this game

In an 82 game season he'll probably have a few games to point out whatever he wants to.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Da Throne has material to point to with Davis after this game
    This is what most sane people expected of Davis this year. A decent game on the Offensive end, but just amazing on defense. Of Davis's three fouls, I think 2 of them were phantom calls.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    This is what most sane people expected of Davis this year. A decent game on the Offensive end, but just amazing on defense. Of Davis's three fouls, I think 2 of them were phantom calls.
    I really didn't think it was one of his better defensive games....it just seemed that he wasn't able to establish good rebounding position on both sides of the court at times...and I hate to say it, but his usual intensity seemed to be lacking last night as well....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I really didn't think it was one of his better defensive games....it just seemed that he wasn't able to establish good rebounding position on both sides of the court at times...and I hate to say it, but his usual intensity seemed to be lacking last night as well....
    I agree, it didn't seem like his head was in the game at all

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    There was OBVIOUSLY something wrong with Davis last night. I don't know what it was, but there's no denying it.

Yeah. Not to mention he should've had at least 6 or 7 blocks instead of those measly 3 that he had.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just had an off game. It happens. Tch. Even when he's not at his best he still gets 3 blocks. Make that stuff look easy. And I swear his every shoot looks like he's going in. Just been off the mark. Just gotta keep working at it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I'm referring to his mindset. He was visably upset nearly every time stepping onto the court. Shaking his head when leaving the bench. Might just be a small injury, maybe he got chewed out, I don't know. But he wasn't himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Just had an off game. It happens. Tch. Even when he's not at his best he still gets 3 blocks. Make that stuff look easy. And I swear his every shoot looks like he's going in. Just been off the mark. Just gotta keep working at it.
    And in the words of Byron Scott, "that's the bottom line".

Here's a game from a rookie player in his first month of the season. Any guess who had this game?

36 minutes, 2-8fg, 0-2 3ptfg, 2 rebs, 7asts, 4 turnovers, 3 fouls, 0blks, 0stls, 6pts.

I'd like to see the jump shots stop and more post moves start for Davis. Lopez should have played more towards the end. Too many 3s and jump shots overall.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post

Here's a game from a rookie player in his first month of the season. Any guess who had this game?

36 minutes, 2-8fg, 0-2 3ptfg, 2 rebs, 7asts, 4 turnovers, 3 fouls, 0blks, 0stls, 6pts.
    Chris Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Chris Paul?
    Nope. One more guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    I'm referring to his mindset. He was visably upset nearly every time stepping onto the court. Shaking his head when leaving the bench. Might just be a small injury, maybe he got chewed out, I don't know. But he wasn't himself.
    this is more of what I was thinking too....I know good and well that nobody is able to bring their A-game every single night, but something just seemed to be amiss with him last night....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 11-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Maybe he misses Warrick already. Somebody tweet him and find out what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=231128008

He had quite a few poor games as a rookie. Less than a week later:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=231203012

I have to confess that the 7 assists threw me a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    There was OBVIOUSLY something wrong with Davis last night. I don't know what it was, but there's no denying it.
    Yea i agree... Seemed like he was in a poo poo mood from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=231128008

He had quite a few poor games as a rookie. Less than a week later:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=231203012
    Yes sir.

It happens. But perhaps Davis should put on a happier demeanor the next time he decides to lay an egg.

I knew it was going to be James. My comment was more of a joke. But it's funny I really did think that during the game. Fine Troll work Da Throne.

Also I don't mind him taking that jumper at all and he could do it more often if he gets the wide open look. The shot looks good, he just missed. They will fall.

I noticed he was angry quite a bit to but I think it had more to do with his performance and the teams. I actually liked seeing that fire in him.

Houston was on FIRE in the 2nd quarter man... I mean cmon. How many 3s did they hit? They shot their load in the 2nd quarter which is why it was "easy" to catch them in the 3rd and 4th, but man.. I was screaming at my TV for us to back off Harden and make him shoot jumpers. Its way too easy for him to penetrate off the screen from the top. Either he's gonna finish the layup or get fouled... or both.

Anyway... tough loss, and even though I'm not really into "moral victories"... we played a real tough team on the road and really should have won it. Ryno was ice cold from outside but he more than made up for it on the boards and his hustle. Had he made just 2 of those 3s its a different ballgame.

On to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Doesn't have to do with our game, but:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...ing-looked-nba

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Houston was on FIRE in the 2nd quarter man... I mean cmon. How many 3s did they hit? They shot their load in the 2nd quarter which is why it was "easy" to catch them in the 3rd and 4th, but man.. I was screaming at my TV for us to back off Harden and make him shoot jumpers. Its way too easy for him to penetrate off the screen from the top. Either he's gonna finish the layup or get fouled... or both.

Anyway... tough loss, and even though I'm not really into "moral victories"... we played a real tough team on the road and really should have won it. Ryno was ice cold from outside but he more than made up for it on the boards and his hustle. Had he made just 2 of those 3s its a different ballgame.

On to OKC.

Yea, they were on fire in that second quarter. 6 of their 10 threes were made in the 2nd quarter alone. There was a sequence where they hit 5 straight 3s. That's 15 points in a little over a 2 minute span. It was definitely a fluke. When we score 45 points in a half, we are in most games.

I like davis' demeanor. Kid hates to suck. Aaron brooks gets vilified to death for smiling. Now this.

Can't win.

Thread Information