Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Davis vs The Field

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Well since neither of the guys or on this team it's all opinion based.
    With the Pistons sitting at 0-8 should they tank it in to land Nerlens? They should just cut ties now with Drummond and replace him with Nerls next year. IMO

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    I'm not saying they are better players, but Knight, Maxell, and Stuckey would be higher options on offense than Davis IMO. Than ofcourse there's Monroe.
    funny gifs

seriously... i dont even... What just happened?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Stuckey PPG 9.3
    Knight PPG 11.0
    Maxiell PPG 9.3

Turrible example man. just turrible i'm sorry.
    Those guys steal points from each other. Once again production is heavily based on the team you play on as much as your own talent level. Again I'm not saying either of those 3 are or aren't better players than Davis just that if all four was on a team right now I don't think Davis gets nearly as many shot attempts.

Bosh was looked at as a superstar in Toronto now he's treated like a third wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    With the Pistons sitting at 0-8 should they tank it in to land Nerlens? They should just cut ties now with Drummond and replace him with Nerls next year. IMO
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Stuckey PPG 9.3
    Knight PPG 11.0
    Maxiell PPG 9.3

Turrible example man. just turrible i'm sorry.
    Even there you are giving him too much credit... That is Maxiells career high, in his 8TH season mind you... But yeh, obviously another hidden gem da throne has spotted, no.1 in his draft I hear.

OK.

It's about as outlandish as your 4 guys on the Pistons that would be an option over Davis comment.

What is happening here... 3 guys averaging 11, 9 & 9 points on an 0-8 team are taking points from eachother? What is the team averaging, 45 points a game? Then whats this about Bosh... He still averages alot more than any of those guys playing for a team with two of the best players in the game...

Obviously if Maxiell played for Toronto instead of Bosh he would have been considered a superstar... Damn Knight and Stuckey stealing all his shots.

Davis vs The Field

LOL da Troll.

To be fair, Drummond is playing solid. The big reason why the Pistons suck is because of Knight and Stuckey playing like dog crap. LOL at the da Troll thinking they would be better scoring options than Davis.

I'm glad da Troll is getting his just due.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Im still trying to figure that one out... So because Bosh (career 20ppg) went to a team (that has won a championship, and has LEBRON and WADE) and his shot attempts dropped a whopping 2 a game and his ppg 3-4, if Davis went to the Detroit Pistons (0-8) he would no longer look as good cos he has to deal with playing with basketball luminaries such as Maxiell, Stuckey and Knight. Lucky Bosh didnt go to Detroit or he might never have got off the bench.

Just following Drummond Pistons writers and fans alike or trying to figure out why Drummond isn't getting more mins. He's playing well.

2nd trying to grade a player based on the first 6-8 games is once again way to soon. Which seems to be the theme around here.
    Yet you had no problem comparing Drummond to Davis in an attempt to claim he is better offensively.

Davis has what 1 full win?
    Which is more than double what Drummond has. Just the eye test alone proves that Davis has had much more impact on his team.

But if you want to look at win shares we will.

Drummond has a very respectable 0.5WS and .210 Ws/48

Davis stands at 0.6 WS and an extremely elite .345 which puts him 3rd in the league for anyone who has played more than 20 total minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Anthony Davis was the best player in highschool, the best player in college and had one of the most dominating,legendary freshman seasons of all time, was the consensus number 1 pick and has only gone above and beyond expectations in his first few games as a rookie. Yet we are listening to some hater/troll explain to us why he believes Davis will not be a great player, the same person that said Davis is the 6th or 7th best prospect in the draft, the same person that had the audacity to state that Drummond was a better prospect and the same person that made probably the most idiotic statement of all time by saying Davis would be behind Rodney "I started the season shooting 1/30" Stuckey, Jason "below average, midget PF" Maxiell and Brandon "even my own fans don't like me anymore" Knight for the Detroit "0/8 worst team in the entire NBA" Pistons????????!??

Seriously DaThrone give it up. You don't know anything about basketball, you have nothing intelligent to add, you are wrong, have always been wrong and need to shut up. If Davis doesnt live up to the hype like you so desperatly want than you can come on here and talk, until than sit back, shut up and enjoy your crow because Anthony Davis is going to serve you a whole lot if it.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Anthony Davis was the best player in highschool, the best player in college and had one of the most dominating,legendary freshman seasons of all time, was the consensus number 1 pick and has only gone above and beyond expectations in his first few games as a rookie. Yet we are listening to some hater/troll explain to us why he believes Davis will not be a great player, the same person that said Davis is the 6th or 7th best prospect in the draft, the same person that had the audacity to state that Drummond was a better prospect and the same person that made probably the most idiotic statement of all time by saying Davis would be behind Rodney "I started the season shooting 1/30" Stuckey, Jason "below average, midget PF" Maxiell and Brandon "even my own fans don't like me anymore" Knight for the Detroit "0/8 worst team in the entire NBA" Pistons????????!??

Seriously DaThrone give it up. You don't know anything about basketball, you have nothing intelligent to add, you are wrong, have always been wrong and need to shut up. If Davis doesnt live up to the hype like you so desperatly want than you can come on here and talk, until than sit back, shut up and enjoy your crow because Anthony Davis is going to serve you a whole lot if it.

Your right but don't take it so hard. The guys a troll. He is saying these things just to get people to post stuff like this.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    The last two pages

Man this has just turned into a bad comic routine or something.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Hornets View Post
    Your right but don't take it so hard. The guys a troll. He is saying these things just to get people to post stuff like this.
    Haha your right, that comment about him being an option behind those crappy pistons players finally got to me.

While it is admittedly early, the historically-relevant performances of these two big men could be worth monitoring as the season moves along, particularly considering the parallels drawn between the Davis and Duncan by our own analysts prior to the start of the season.
    Davis on pace for Duncan-like greatness

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar

Thread Information