.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 141

Thread: Davis vs The Field

  1. #101
    For...ev...er... The JNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mid-city
    Posts
    3,329
    I think it's okay to be excited about Davis's game after 2.5 games. I also think it's okay to be skeptical. One party will probably be wrong, but it will be months or even years before we know who that is.

    So why are we doing this again?

  2. #102
    Exhibit C Nola3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    I think it's okay to be excited about Davis's game after 2.5 games. I also think it's okay to be skeptical. One party will probably be wrong, but it will be months or even years before we know who that is.

    So why are we doing this again?
    This is no place for logical thought obviously. Please leave.

  3. #103
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,923
    The funniest thing about this discussion is that 10 of Drummonds 28 shot attempts are after offensive rebounds. That alone makes up 28% of his offense.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This was before I knew Gordon was going to be out to start the season.

    The last 5 games Serge is averaging 17.6 ppg. This is with Westbrook and Durant on the team.

    LOL at me not wanting to be wrong. I already said Davis has shown more polish than I saw at Kentucky. And need I remind people the young man has only played 2.5 games.
    You go back to the 2.5 games (although you won't even look at the Miami preseason game that was clearly played like a regular season game by both teams - even Miami's coach said that was their approach), yet you make an argument from Ibaka based on a 5 game sample to try to make him sound like a better player.

    He's averaging 14 for the year. Less than 9 points a game for his career. He's also in his prime. Players reach their prime in the NBA at 23/24 years old. Davis is 19 and he has better averages across the board than Ibaka except for blocks. And the Westbrooks/Durant argument can be used against Ibaka. He's not even their third option. Davis is THE option on the Hornets. He's doing this with Vasquez & Anderson. No one is trying to stop Ibaka. The first name out of any opponent's mouth is Anthony Davis when they play the Hornets.

    As for the unassisted baskets... who cares? They're not all dunks. He gets the ball and quickly turns around and shoots it before the double team collapses on him (he did this on three consecutive plays against the Bobcats for example). It shouldn't be a negative that he doesn't hesitate so that the passer doesn't get credit for getting him the ball.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    You go back to the 2.5 games (although you won't even look at the Miami preseason game that was clearly played like a regular season game by both teams - even Miami's coach said that was their approach), yet you make an argument from Ibaka based on a 5 game sample to try to make him sound like a better player.

    He's averaging 14 for the year. Less than 9 points a game for his career. He's also in his prime. Players reach their prime in the NBA at 23/24 years old. Davis is 19 and he has better averages across the board than Ibaka except for blocks. And the Westbrooks/Durant argument can be used against Ibaka. He's not even their third option. Davis is THE option on the Hornets. He's doing this with Vasquez & Anderson. No one is trying to stop Ibaka. The first name out of any opponent's mouth is Anthony Davis when they play the Hornets.

    As for the unassisted baskets... who cares? They're not all dunks. He gets the ball and quickly turns around and shoots it before the double team collapses on him (he did this on three consecutive plays against the Bobcats for example). It shouldn't be a negative that he doesn't hesitate so that the passer doesn't get credit for getting him the ball.
    Ibaka also has been the 4th options most of the times he's been on the court and still is the. Those things has to be account for.

    As for assisted baskets. If Davis can't create for himself I can't put him in the ranks of superstardom. Once again it's way too early to say. Yet people are taking to this site with torches and pitchforks using 2.5 games to tell me Davis will be a superstar for sure. You can't use his 2.5 games of production to prove I'm wrong especially when the issues that preventing me for projecting Davis as a star or superstar isn't being displayed. You can't say it's too early to critique, but at the same time say it's not to early to determine all-time greatness.

  6. #106
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,489
    Davis 17.3ppg 8reb/g 2.7b/g

    Drummond 6.5ppg 5.1reb/g 1.0b/g


    Yes Davis gets more minutes, but why doesn't Drummond?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year


  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Davis 17.3ppg 8reb/g 2.7b/g

    Drummond 6.5ppg 5.1reb/g 1.0b/g


    Yes Davis gets more minutes, but why doesn't Drummond?


    Davis is doing that with only 26 Minutes a game so far. Which is the reason he leads the NBA in PER.

    But it is too soon to know how those numbers will level out. I see him as a 20 and 9 type player this year if he starts getting 38 minutes a game.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    . Yet people are taking to this site with torches and pitchforks using 2.5 games to tell me Davis will be a superstar for sure.

    DAVIS WILL BE A SUPERSTAR!!!


  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Ibaka also has been the 4th options most of the times he's been on the court and still is the. Those things has to be account for.

    As for assisted baskets. If Davis can't create for himself I can't put him in the ranks of superstardom. Once again it's way too early to say. Yet people are taking to this site with torches and pitchforks using 2.5 games to tell me Davis will be a superstar for sure. You can't use his 2.5 games of production to prove I'm wrong especially when the issues that preventing me for projecting Davis as a star or superstar isn't being displayed. You can't say it's too early to critique, but at the same time say it's not to early to determine all-time greatness.
    People aren't arguing with you because you don't believe he'll be a superstar. People are arguing with you because you believe he will be a bust. You think he's garbage for a #1 pick. Every argument you make about Davis is "He can't do this, he can't do that. I haven't seen him do this. He scored, but he looked awkward doing it."

    Shoot. You even say he can't dribble, yet he's even dribbled it behind his back to get around a defender in his most recent game. You say he can't pass, yet he had several good passes late in that game for assists. We haven't even scratched the surface yet on what we'll see from him, and he's already impressed EVERYONE... except you. And you should be the one most impressed, since you thought he was garbage from the word go.

    Andre Drummond is better than Anthony Davis. LOL. What a joke. The guy can't even score more than 7 points in a game unless he gets lucky. This is the guy that can't do everything that you say Davis can't do. Everyone was on the Drummond bandwagon a year ago. You're the only one who didn't jump off when he didn't do anything at UConn.
    Last edited by bradael; 11-14-2012 at 01:04 PM.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    People aren't arguing with you because you don't believe he'll be a superstar. People are arguing with you because you believe he will be a bust. You think he's garbage for a #1 pick. Every argument you make about Davis is "He can't do this, he can't do that. I haven't seen him do this. He scored, but he looked awkward doing it."

    Shoot. You even say he can't dribble, yet he's even dribbled it behind his back to get around a defender in his most recent game. You say he can't pass, yet he had several good passes late in that game for assists. We haven't even scratched the surface yet on what we'll see from him, and he's already impressed EVERYONE... except you. And you should be the one most impressed, since you thought he was garbage from the word go.

    Andre Drummond is better than Anthony Davis. LOL. What a joke. The guy can't even score more than 7 points in a game unless he gets lucky. This is the guy that can't do everything that you say Davis can't do. Everyone was on the Drummond bandwagon a year ago. You're the only one who didn't jump off when he didn't do anything at UConn.
    Please show me where I said Davis would be a bust? My position has always been he's not a superstar. You guys manifested any position other than that.

    He's being compared to the all-time greats. That opens him up to having his flaws picked apart.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Davis 17.3ppg 8reb/g 2.7b/g

    Drummond 6.5ppg 5.1reb/g 1.0b/g


    Yes Davis gets more minutes, but why doesn't Drummond?
    You have to ask Lawrence Franks.

    Also Drummond is option number 4 at best on any time he's on the court team. Davis is option number 1 for us. These things greatly impact per game averages. The Pistons have 3 or 4 guys who would be option #1 if they were on the Hornets team.

  12. #112
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,923
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You have to ask Lawrence Franks.

    Also Drummond is option number 4 at best on any time he's on the court team. Davis is option number 1 for us. These things greatly impact per game averages. The Pistons have 3 or 4 guys who would be option #1 if they were on the Hornets team.
    And who would that be? Please don't say Stuckey.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You have to ask Lawrence Franks.

    Also Drummond is option number 4 at best on any time he's on the court team. Davis is option number 1 for us. These things greatly impact per game averages. The Pistons have 3 or 4 guys who would be option #1 if they were on the Hornets team.
    You are serious? Wait, What? The PISTONS have 4 guys who would be the number one option over Davis? You need to take a step back from the board for a few weeks. Stop trolling. Monroe is the only player on that team you could make that argument with.

  14. #114
    LOL at Drummond probably on the worst team in the NBA and still can't log minutes.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The Pistons have 3 or 4 guys who would be option #1 if they were on the Hornets team.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You have to ask Lawrence Franks.

    Also Drummond is option number 4 at best on any time he's on the court team. Davis is option number 1 for us. These things greatly impact per game averages. The Pistons have 3 or 4 guys who would be option #1 if they were on the Hornets team.
    You're certainly overestimating that 3 or 4 number. There is a reason they are winless. I mean, besides Greg Monroe, nobody else is worth mentioning on that team.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    You're certainly overestimating that 3 or 4 number. There is a reason they are winless. I mean, besides Greg Monroe, nobody else is worth mentioning on that team.
    but... but..... they have Charlie Villanueva , Corey Magette, and Jerebko... just imagine the possibilities!!!

  18. #118
    No White Flags Soundwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    You have to ask Lawrence Franks.

    Also Drummond is option number 4 at best on any time he's on the court team. Davis is option number 1 for us. These things greatly impact per game averages. The Pistons have 3 or 4 guys who would be option #1 if they were on the Hornets team.
    You do realize you are talking about the worst team in the league? The worst team in the league that is only giving Drummond 17ppg.

    Davis steps on the court and instantly makes the Hornets better, can the same be said with Drummond? Does he make the Pistons better? Since they are 0-8, I don't think so.

    As you know, I am one that welcomes the differing opinion, it would be a disservice to all of us if we all agreed on everything. We need people to bring up things and as questions, but this comparison is a bit of a reach.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by MeSoHornets504 View Post
    You're certainly overestimating that 3 or 4 number. There is a reason they are winless. I mean, besides Greg Monroe, nobody else is worth mentioning on that team.
    I'm not saying they are better players, but Knight, Maxell, and Stuckey would be higher options on offense than Davis IMO. Than ofcourse there's Monroe.

  20. #120
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,923
    Oh, your opinion. It makes sense now...

  21. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    You do realize you are talking about the worst team in the league? The worst team in the league that is only giving Drummond 17ppg.

    Davis steps on the court and instantly makes the Hornets better, can the same be said with Drummond? Does he make the Pistons better? Since they are 0-8, I don't think so.

    As you know, I am one that welcomes the differing opinion, it would be a disservice to all of us if we all agreed on everything. We need people to bring up things and as questions, but this comparison is a bit of a reach.
    Just following Drummond Pistons writers and fans alike or trying to figure out why Drummond isn't getting more mins. He's playing well.

    2nd trying to grade a player based on the first 6-8 games is once again way to soon. Which seems to be the theme around here.

  22. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I'm not saying they are better players, but Knight, Maxell, and Stuckey would be higher options on offense than Davis IMO. Than ofcourse there's Monroe.
    Knight and Stuckey are Guards.... and not very good guards are that. Maxell...really? Maxiell? Are you trippin? Seriously?

  23. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Oh, your opinion. It makes sense now...
    Well since neither of the guys or on this team it's all opinion based.

  24. #124
    Stuckey PPG 9.3
    Knight PPG 11.0
    Maxiell PPG 9.3

    Turrible example man. just turrible i'm sorry.

  25. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    You do realize you are talking about the worst team in the league? The worst team in the league that is only giving Drummond 17ppg.

    Davis steps on the court and instantly makes the Hornets better, can the same be said with Drummond? Does he make the Pistons better? Since they are 0-8, I don't think so.

    As you know, I am one that welcomes the differing opinion, it would be a disservice to all of us if we all agreed on everything. We need people to bring up things and as questions, but this comparison is a bit of a reach.
    Davis has what 1 full win?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •