Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Trade for a Center?

Realistic Trade for a Center?

Say we are content with ryeke at the 3 and tried to trade for a center, who do yall think we could realistically get at center for a combination of Aminu and Jason Smith or Aminu and Rivers?

Would the rockets do Asik for aminu and smith for the stretch 4 they want?

Hawes would be my main target. Dont think he is in Philly long term, and I think he is Smith if Smith extended his range to 3.

If Boston would give up a pick for Rivers, I offer Philly that pick, Aminu, and Stiemsma. Dont know what the want for him, but he is the guy I go after.
    @mcnamara247

I really like what Gordon gives us but how about a package of Gordon
    And Jason smith for pekovic and Shabazz Muhammad? That would immediately fill 2 gaping holes. Idc what you say about Shabazz but he can put the ball in the bucket and with the drive and kick penetration that we've already established it would conpliment him even more. Pekovic gives us the ideal BIG that we've been wanting. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I really like what Gordon gives us but how about a package of Gordon
    And Jason smith for pekovic and Shabazz Muhammad? That would immediately fill 2 gaping holes. Idc what you say about Shabazz but he can put the ball in the bucket and with the drive and kick penetration that we've already established it would conpliment him even more. Pekovic gives us the ideal BIG that we've been wanting. Just an idea.
    Good idea for us, but why would Minny do it, especially after they just gave Kevin Martin a 4 year deal?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Hawes would be my main target. Dont think he is in Philly long term, and I think he is Smith if Smith extended his range to 3.

If Boston would give up a pick for Rivers, I offer Philly that pick, Aminu, and Stiemsma. Dont know what the want for him, but he is the guy I go after.
    i like haws a lot, he's a starting center in this league, he has a 3pt game and a post game, i wouldnt mind giving up amino rivers and steamer for hawes and then sign jordan hamilton in the offseason, BOOM!

jrue/roberts
    gordon/morrow
    hamilton/tyreke
    davis/ryno
    hawes/smith

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's been a while since Ayon. Where's Dell and that international scouting? There's gotta be a 6'11"+ big from Arstozka or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Good idea for us, but why would Minny do it, especially after they just gave Kevin Martin a 4 year deal?
    True. But they still don't have the ideal man off the bench who is capable of scoring on his own. We have 2 in tyreke and ryno. I think Shabazz could potentially be that guy for them but it seems they have given up. Giving them Gordon would allow them to bring Martin off the bench with his big salary similarly to what we're doing with our 2 guys off the bench. But yeah, it still seems a little lopsided for us, maybe throw aminu and or a pick but then at that point I'm wondering if that's even good for us.

Do you guys view Jason Thompson from the Kings as a center or no?
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I don't like Hawes that much. We may as well play Ryan Anderson at the 5. He shoots the 3, and gives us no big body in the paint (yeah he's 7'1" but I wouldn't call him a physical big 7'1")... I dunno just my opinion. I want a big bodied rebounder to put next to AD, not someone who hangs around the perimeter

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I don't like Hawes that much. We may as well play Ryan Anderson at the 5. He shoots the 3, and gives us no big body in the paint (yeah he's 7'1" but I wouldn't call him a physical big 7'1")... I dunno just my opinion. I want a big bodied rebounder to put next to AD, not someone who hangs around the perimeter
    he's averaging 17 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game, the difference between him and ryno is that hawes can in fact rebound, and has post moves
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 12-16-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowofSX2 View Post
    a PF that can play center at times

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    a PF that can play center at times
    Think he'd be good to trade for? The Kings have already talked about maybe wanting to shop him.

he's averaging 17 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game, the difference between him and ryno is that hawes can in fact rebound
    Are those actual stats or per36? Because I just looked up his stats this year and 32mpg/15.3ppg/9rpg/1.7bpg

Please stop inflating his numbers

Think he'd be good to trade for? The Kings have already talked about maybe wanting to shop him.
    i always liked him a lot, he is a brute, strong as hell, can rebound, block shots, and hit the mid range believe it or not, also athletic, if we needed a PF i would say yes x10000 but the problem is we don't, if we traded ryno for some reason then i would say yes in a heart beat

Are those actual stats or per36? Because I just looked up his stats this year and 32mpg/15.3ppg/9rpg/1.7bpg

Please stop inflating his numbers
    they are his per 36 but i dont think its fair to compare a guy who gets 33 minutes vs a guy who gets 38, like i said i dont like per 36 for bench players but for starters who are getting over 30 mins a game i think it is very useful, and that is what he would be putting up, even more if he was getting 37 mins a game like some do.

he's averaging 17 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game, the difference between him and ryno is that hawes can in fact rebound, and has post moves

Also sullinger has been on a tear at center for the celtics, he handled pekovic tonight pretty convincingly, wonder if we could work out a deal

Anyone else lol at the score at the top of his stats page? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by sam.patching View Post
    Anyone else lol at the score at the top of his stats page? Haha
    Not a bad statline either. Although it's only for 27minutes

Not a bad statline either. Although it's only for 27minutes
    Can't argue with 2 points on 5 shots!

Bye steamer!

no, JT is pure PF, he can't never be C.

Not a fan of Hawes. Too soft. I want some toughness on this team.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information