Pelicans Report

Thread: In-game "Memorabilia" Collection/Archive

In-game "Memorabilia" Collection/Archive

Over the seasons, I've amassed somewhat of an in-game Hornets memorabilia collection since Season No. 1 in New Orleans. From Gametime programs (I've got a ton) to foam "wiggle sticks" to (not really in-game) promotional mail-outs w/ BD/Mashburn, etc. etc. Ideally, I had a project to have a Hornets man cave. Well, didn't happen...

I recall someone having a New Orleans Jazz collection of such items and creating a website with pictures. Always thought that was cool. Before I trash all of this stuff, I'm wondering if anyone else has this kinda crap...er...collection? Anyone have any interest of maybe putting together a collaborative site to document/archive some of these items? With a name/culture-change on the horizon, might not be a bad thing to remember where we've been.

Figured I'd ask before I start throwing...

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Sounds cool. I've got almost every bobblehead since the team moved here, the opening game ticket, some Hornets piggy bank, etc, I'll contribute.

Actually one of the cooler items I have are these promotional mardi gras beads they gave out right after they moved here, but before the re-done logo was released. So it's basically the old, original Charlotte Hornets logo with New Orleans over it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Every now and then I use my 32oz cup I got from a game and laugh because it's the one that features CP3, Peja, West, and Tyson.

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    Over the seasons, I've amassed somewhat of an in-game Hornets memorabilia collection since Season No. 1 in New Orleans. From Gametime programs (I've got a ton) to foam "wiggle sticks" to (not really in-game) promotional mail-outs w/ BD/Mashburn, etc. etc. Ideally, I had a project to have a Hornets man cave. Well, didn't happen...

I recall someone having a New Orleans Jazz collection of such items and creating a website with pictures. Always thought that was cool. Before I trash all of this stuff, I'm wondering if anyone else has this kinda crap...er...collection? Anyone have any interest of maybe putting together a collaborative site to document/archive some of these items? With a name/culture-change on the horizon, might not be a bad thing to remember where we've been.

Figured I'd ask before I start throwing...
    so do you have video material/clips of the Hornets team that you could share with me? i'm mainly interested in actual stuff (HD clips from our new guys, but it also could be cool to have stuff from CP3, Dwest, Larry Johnson, Mourning, Curry, Bogues... if those are quality clips)

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I have some things. I HAD most of the bobble heads but sadly most of them have hit the ground. I have a lot of programs from years past. I still have the ticket from the first game I ever went to in the Arena (Detroit during the inaugural season) and I still have the program from the Miami playoff series during DWade's rookie year.

Chris Trew / Terp 2 it Penuckle's Avatar
    Maybe we can use some of that junk in a Trew to the Game episode?
    Trew 2 the Game: New column + podcast every Tuesday on BourbonStShots.com and Itsneworleans.com

Co-founder of The New Movement/Studio8.net
    http://twitter.com/christrew

So...I'm somewhat of a procrastinator. I still haven't trashed this stuff, but will do so soon. I estimate I have a rubbermaid container-worth of stuff.

Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by The B View Post
    So...I'm somewhat of a procrastinator. I still haven't trashed this stuff, but will do so soon. I estimate I have a rubbermaid container-worth of stuff.

Any takers?
    Takers? You're giving it all away?

Quote Originally Posted by groundpatty View Post
    Takers? You're giving it all away?
    Yes. You pay postage and it's all yours.

It's going in Tuesday night's trash. So, let me know before then...

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    I'll take it and pay postage... Since I really do have a Hornets Man-Cave:

See Below
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/conten...sey-Collection
    Last edited by TxAggie713; 12-16-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Damn, wish I would have seen this before. Oh well

Thread Information