Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Bobcats Game Thread

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Good win tonight. Was physically challenging. Our guards have to defend better in the future.

Good win
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    Good win
    can't take eyes off sig

Given all of the early-season drama, 3-2 is pretty good.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

nice game, roberts seems arrived now i guess. and davis was great. anderson was a killer and aminu , damn i love this kid. proud of our team, and now i can go to bed and have sweet dreams. (about future titels and stuff )

Man, Davis was overrated coming out of college

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

He sucks.

To be fair, I don't feel like Gordon's shots were uncontested or badly contested in general. I think was the 1/10 games where it will be beneficial for Gordon to shoot indiscriminately.

Ryan Anderson displayed a lot of versatility tonight. Very excited about him moving forward.

Aminu had a great bounce-back game from the horrendous showing against Philly. Good to see from the young player.

Rivers needs to attack more because good things happen when he does. He just looks timid on the floor, and I'm not used to seeing that from him. Once he gets comfortable, he'll be a good player for us because he is already showing flashes. Needs to work on that shot more though.

Miller looked nice, and he his a few 3s for us.

Lopez had a fantastic game. Totally under the radar, but he did all of the little things, and it shows by his team leading +10 in the +/- category.

Roberts had a nice offensive game, but he missed so many open players it made me sick. Guy could have had like 5 more assists this game, but he was only focused on his own offense. Defense wasn't great either...

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Good win tonight. Was physically challenging. Our guards have to defend better in the future.
    That wasn't on the guards. Bigs have to hedge/switch better. They did better in the 3rd then fell off in the 4th again.

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    Awesome win! Really encouraging for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Aminu had a great bounce-back game from the horrendous showing against Philly. Good to see from the young player.
    I'll have to defend Aminu last game. He had 10/16. Philly took advantage of our guard play (guys out). Thoug it won't be as bad as against Philly, until/if that guy returns, good defensive teams will make this team struggle badly.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Man, Davis was overrated coming out of college
    No offense. Won't be able to score cuz he's so skinny too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That wasn't on the guards. Bigs have to hedge/switch better. They did better in the 3rd then fell off in the 4th again.
    Yeah it was Davis Lopez smith and Anderson's fault for Gordon's 34 :smh:
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 11-09-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Not sure if I agree with that 100%. The Hornets defensive philosophy is to defend the paint first and foremost. Force opposing teams to take lower percentage shots from mid-range out to the three while using shot clock. Honestly, the Hornets need better perimeter defenders who can fight through screens and force tough shots.

We just don't have any bulldog type of defender who can fight off screens and stay on certain players half the time.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    I'll have to defend Aminu last game. He had 10/16. Philly took advantage of our guard play (guys out). Thoug it won't be as bad as against Philly, until/if that guy returns, good defensive teams will make this team struggle badly.
    Agreed. Aminu was thrust into a bigger offensive role that game, so I kinda give him somewhat of a pass for that one.

Anderson got going making easier shots in the paint.

Can't give Aminu a pass for the last game. Too many turnovers and settled for bad shots. Responded very well tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Can't give Aminu a pass for the last game. Too many turnovers and settled for bad shots. Responded very well tonight.
    But he had to force the issue. Our guards were incapable of breaking the Sixers' D down and penetrating. Without penetration, it's hard to get easy shots. And so Aminu often found himself 25 feet from the basketball with the ball. That's not his game. He was asked to do way too much.

Solid win for the Hornets tonight.

Anderson and Davis were absolute monsters.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 11-09-2012 at 09:50 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Didn't get to watch that game, but I heard bad things, so I can't say for sure. But from what I heard, Aminu had a nice bounce-back game. Much more efficient tonight than last game.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    Yeah it was Davis Lopez smith and Anderson's fault for Gordon's 34 :smh:
    If you understand anything about team defense against a heavy screening team, that headache will stop from all the bobble heading. I guarawntee!

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    can't take eyes off sig
    She does got some cute feet, i agree

Quote Originally Posted by Nola Hornet View Post
    Not sure if I agree with that 100%. The Hornets defensive philosophy is to defend the paint first and foremost. Force opposing teams to take lower percentage shots from mid-range out to the three while using shot clock. Honestly, the Hornets need better perimeter defenders who can fight through screens and force tough shots.

We just don't have any bulldog type of defender who can fight off screens and stay on certain players half the time.
    If a team has their screen game down pat, there is nothing you can do except to hedge and switch just as well as the opposing team screens. The Hornets were not switching very well and Gordon got hot with open looks. Add to that even sometimes when they did switch well, he still hit the shot over the taller switching Aminu.

Still, the team needed to do a better job switching on their guards and didn't make that adjustments until the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    But he had to force the issue. Our guards were incapable of breaking the Sixers' D down and penetrating. Without penetration, it's hard to get easy shots. And so Aminu often found himself 25 feet from the basketball with the ball. That's not his game.

He was asked to do way too much.

Solid win for the Hornets tonight.

Anderson and Davis were absolute monsters.
    Doesn't excuse the silly turnovers he made. He settled on jumpers early in the shot clock too.

I'm glad they got this one tonight. The rest of November ain't looking to pleasant, and yet another team with solid guards is next.

Please just come out of this month at or near .500 and I consider that a major success.

Thread Information