Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Bobcats Game Thread

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    No, helping on screens by just extending your arms (simple hedging as opposed to hard) is not what I'm talking about. Just re-watch the game, and see the difference from the 1st half to what they did in the 2nd. The pic was just to illustrate, as I said, Charlotte was screening very heavy while you were under the impression it was just Rivers not keeping up one-on-one on simple jump shots.
    If you think the 66 points scored by the bobcats' gaurds had nothing to do with the defense of rivers Vasquez and Roberts then I'm done because this argument is pointless.

I think I know what the problem is, you are in taco, you want to be in gap 2.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 11-09-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    Speaking of this, first off let me say I think one of Rivers biggest problems is that he has no mid range game at all. He may go the entire season without making a midrange jumper. Anyways, in regards to Rivers and Gordon (both can get to the rim), do you hedge hard on these guys and leave our big to pop out if he wants or roll to the basket, or do you not hedge hard and let Rivers or Gordon get around their man to the basket? The possibilities are endless.

Just imagine it, Anderson sets a pick for Gordon, who works the screen and gets around his man to finish at the rim because Anderson's man respected Anderson's jumper and didn't want to leave him. The next time, Anderson's man respects Gordon ability to drive and Anderson rolls to an open area and Gordon hits him for a wide open three.

My god.
    Can't wait.

Speaking of this, first off let me say I think one of Rivers biggest problems is that he has no mid range game at all. He may go the entire season without making a midrange jumper. Anyways, in regards to Rivers and Gordon (both can get to the rim), do you hedge hard on these guys and leave our big to pop out if he wants or roll to the basket, or do you not hedge hard and let Rivers or Gordon get around their man to the basket? The possibilities are endless.

Just imagine it, Anderson sets a pick for Gordon, who works the screen and gets around his man to finish at the rim because Anderson's man respected Anderson's jumper and didn't want to leave him. The next time, Anderson's man respects Gordon ability to drive and Anderson rolls to an open area and Gordon hits him for a wide open three.

My god.
    He made one against Chicago. He problem right now is he seems to have lost confidence in his mid/long range offense and hesitates too much. That forehead push jumper doesn't help matters either. I really hope he can use Davis' shot form, but I don't think it'll happen.

I think it's been stated how many of us are fairly frustrated (p****d off) that we have been delayed, once again, of what this team can be with a guard like Gordon. Will be even more frustrating watching Harden and sucky Westbrook tear up our guards up next.
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    If you think the 66 points scored by the bobcats' gaurds had nothing to do with the defense of rivers Vasquez and Roberts then I'm done because this argument is pointless.

I think I know what the problem is, you are in taco, you want to be in gap 2.
    I know what you want. Here. They are worthless and free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	432.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	4406

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I know what you want. Here. They are worthless and free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	432.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	4406
    Naaaa a cookie would do.

I wish Mike Malone were still here to work with our guards.

I have been wanting to ask this....is the guide for anyone else's cable provider not up to date? For instance Charter still shows FSNO as FSSW and shows the guide/upcoming programs for FSSW. I am wondering when that is going to change.

I have Cox and just the other day my guide finally started saying FSNNO.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    I have Cox and just the other day my guide finally started saying FSNNO.
    And of course the 1-800 reps don't know crap. Since Charter has been slower than Cox with everything I guess I will just give it some more time. Definately have to applaud the FSNO broadcast of the games over CST though. Actually looks professional.

I swear, watching the post game, it looked like David Wesley and father time were so close that they were going to kiss. I mean, I know that they don't give you the penthouse at the Bellagio to broadcast from, but come on guys. Lets leave some room for the Holy Ghost.

I can't imagine just how awesome it is going to be when Gordon gets back and is healthy, because I DON'T BELIEVE IN GORDON. He isn't Harvey Dent. The guy is a joke, and we should look to move him for something like a new team bus or a tank of gas. When he comes back (if he comes back) I see him playing a handful of games and then putting on street clothes for a month. Then when the well runs dry on injury excuses for the season he will play again. I just don't think the guy is committed to us, like max contract money is committed to him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Mine still says SW.

Ok, my guide says Hornets vs. Bobcats at 12 midnight but Indiana State and UCLA are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    We getting ready, gotta get a few more foot models ready but its all coming together how I planned.
    just remember to put some hot sauce on them.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Ok, my guide says Hornets vs. Bobcats at 12 midnight but Indiana State and UCLA are playing.
    Yea, I'm trying to watch it too, what's the deal? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Yea, I'm trying to watch it too, what's the deal? lol
    I may still be woke when this game goes off so I'll see if it comes on then.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSpeed View Post
    just remember to put some hot sauce on them.
    "my" hot sauce??
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Mine still says SW.
    Mine changes to New Orleans once the Hornets games are being aired. It's still FSSW with an occasional FSNO logo slapped on it. I don't have to watch games on CST anymore so it doesn't really bother me. I'm sure one day it'll actually become "FSNO"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    BTW, the one jumper I've seen Rivers make was a mid-range stepback shot. AD23forMVP has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    BTW, the one jumper I've seen Rivers make was a mid-range stepback shot. AD23forMVP has a point.
    Yeah, that name change needs to happen soon.

Big props to coach dunlap. Doing what he has been is no mean feat, especially when you remember he has tyrus thomas on his roster.

Rivers mid range is money in NBA 2K13

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Rivers mid range is money in NBA 2K13
    It's hard to time his damn release in Hall of Fame mode. lol

Quote Originally Posted by j_bones View Post
    It's hard to time his damn release in Hall of Fame mode. lol
    Darius Miller is amazing in NBA2k13
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information