Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. Bobcats Game Thread

Add Gordon to this group, and we are actually a very good team. Exciting time to be a Hornets fan.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    This team needs Gordon's $15 million cap space more than it needs Gordon.

(And before you say anything I'll keep saying that as long as people keep pining for that bum.)
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

Im beyond annoyed with Gordon.... Im speechless of how bad of a little baby he is.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny6420 View Post
    She does got some cute feet, i agree
    Rex Ryan is that you??

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSpeed View Post
    Rex Ryan is that you??
    You caught me....

Jets Superbowl 2013.... BOOK IT

You caught me....

Jets Superbowl 2013.... BOOK IT
    parade route planned and all? lol

after tonight we will have 4 players among the top 40 in blocks.

Anthony Davis is third in the 'per minute' Hollinger ratings

Aminu is third among SF's in rebound rate

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If you understand anything about team defense against a heavy screening team, that headache will stop from all the bobble heading. I guarawntee!
    I understand enough to know our front court isn't responsible for Gordon dropping 34 points especially when most of them were from spot up jump shots. Starting to wonder if you even watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedSpeed View Post
    parade route planned and all? lol
    We getting ready, gotta get a few more foot models ready but its all coming together how I planned.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    AMINU!
    Aminu is FINALLY having decent 'off' nights!

Im loving Aminu's play actually, except for the awful looking jumper, I like his play alot.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBrow View Post
    I understand enough to know our front court isn't responsible for Gordon dropping 34 points especially when most of them were from spot up jump shots. Starting to wonder if you even watch the games.
    They were not just spot up jump shots blind man. They were curls off of multiple screens.

Whoever is responsible is the one responsible for the switch off the screen, which can be Aminu/Anderson switching permanently, or the bigs hedging harder. It most certainly is more complicated that our guards just fighting through 20 screens unless you just rather they just run over the screener everytime and foul out. Basic physics really.

I'll just take it you know nothing about how team defense works and leave it at that. Eyes wide open and all.

You really must watch none of the game. How many times was rivers one on one with Gordon and Gordon scored on a jump shot? There was even some on here complaining that rivers was not contesting the shots. I'll just assume that you dont pay attention to the game or just dont understand team defense because that had nothing to do with Gordon scoring 1 on 1.

Look at the official on the floor. LOL.

MKG don't look too happy.

You really must watch none of the game. How many times was rivers one on one with Gordon and Gordon scored on a jump shot? There was even some on here complaining that rivers was not contesting the shots. I'll just assume that you dont pay attention to the game or just dont understand that that had nothing to do with team defense.
    He didn't contest due to trying to run over screens and not being position to contest. If you WATCHED the 2nd half, the Hornets starting switching longer defenders on their guards and even went to the trap. Gordon still hit shots over Aminu AFTER THE SWITCH but it was much more difficult in the 2nd half when they did it.

They obviously saw what my blind eyes saw and played their guards differently in the 2nd half. It worked slightly better, but that is how you play those high screens and guards with hot hands. It's not just on our guards against an offense like that and it was not just Rivers getting beat one on one.

Rewatch the game and you'll see what I mean.

***or just look at the top pick in those photos HunnyB just posted**
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-09-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I can say this, someone said he doesn't even leave his feet when he contests shot.

You're not supposed to leave your feet to contest jump shots.

great win..fun game..sucks to have 4 days off now

The one thing I got out of this game over anything else was the 'chemistry plays' sometimes when we weren't running an offensive set, or it broke down our players were able to make good decisions based on their counterparts tendencies. You saw the ball kicked out to who it should have been, and one specific play where Roberts fumbles the ball, Anderson picked it up and jammed it in to AD for the slam. That's an excellent sign when we can get broken plays to go our way, granted it is the Bob scats

He didn't contest due to trying to run over screens and not being position to contest. If you WATCHED the 2nd half, the Hornets starting switching longer defenders on their guards and even went to the trap. Gordon still hit shots over Aminu AFTER THE SWITCH but it was much more difficult in the 2nd half when they did it.

They obviously saw what my blind eyes saw and played their guards differently in the 2nd half. It worked slightly better, but that is how you play those high screens and guards with hot hands. It's not just on our guards against an offense like that and it was not just Rivers getting beat one on one.

Rewatch the game and you'll see what I mean.

***or just look at the top pick in those photos HunnyB just posted**
    Do you think team defense is a big coming to the top of the key and extending their arms on a screen???? Every big in the NBA does that. We are running zone 95% of the time where Lopez Davis and smith roam the paint and rotate to the pentrating guys. There is no help defense out on the preimeter if there isn't a pick or penetration.

Bigs help on screens and P&R's but it isn't soley their responsibility, the defense from our guards still needs to improve which is what I first said. Davis and Lopez played great 1 on 1 and team defense tonight I'm not going to blame them.

**and Davis is where he is supposed to be, around the paint helping out the penetrating gaurd. While rivers watches**
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 11-09-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Um....look at williams hand....

She does got some cute feet, i agree
    I hear you bro

Do you think team defense is a big coming to the top of the key and extending their arms on a screen???? Every big in the NBA does that. We are running zone 95% of the time where Lopez Davis and smith roam the paint and rotate to the pentrating guys. There is no help defense out on the preimeter if there isn't a pick or penetration.

Bigs help on screens and P&R's but it isn't soley their responsibility, the defense from our guards still needs to improve which is what I first said. Davis and Lopez played great 1 on 1 and team defense tonight I'm not going to blame them.

**and Davis is where he is supposed to be, around the paint helping out the penetrating gaurd. While rivers watches**
    No, helping on screens by just extending your arms (simple hedging as opposed to hard) is not what I'm talking about. Just re-watch the game, and see the difference from the 1st half to what they did in the 2nd. The pic was just to illustrate, as I said, Charlotte was screening very heavy while you were under the impression it was just Rivers not keeping up one-on-one on simple jump shots.

Game re-airs at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatHornet View Post
    Um....look at williams hand....

Goes perfectly with Smitty's face.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    No, helping on screens by just extending your arms (simple hedging as opposed to hard) is not what I'm talking about. Just re-watch the game, and see the difference from the 1st half to what they did in the 2nd. The pic was just to illustrate, as I said, Charlotte was screening very heavy while you were under the impression it was just Rivers not keeping up one-on-one on simple jump shots.
    Speaking of this, first off let me say I think one of Rivers biggest problems is that he has no mid range game at all. He may go the entire season without making a midrange jumper. Anyways, in regards to Rivers and Gordon (both can get to the rim), do you hedge hard on these guys and leave our big to pop out if he wants or roll to the basket, or do you not hedge hard and let Rivers or Gordon get around their man to the basket? The possibilities are endless.

Just imagine it, Anderson sets a pick for Gordon, who works the screen and gets around his man to finish at the rim because Anderson's man respected Anderson's jumper and didn't want to leave him. The next time, Anderson's man respects Gordon ability to drive and Anderson rolls to an open area and Gordon hits him for a wide open three.

My god.
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 11-09-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Thread Information