Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Move One, Sign Shaun Livingston Who Makes Brian Roberts Expendable. Move Two, Trade..

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture View Post
    1. Sign Shaun Livingston

2. ???

3. Profit

WASHINGTON -- The winless Washington Wizards waived Jannero Pargo and signed free-agent guard Shaun Livingston on Thursday, bringing back a player they hope can help fill the void until John Wall returns from injury.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...ington-wizards

Foiled again.

our unprotected 1st, Vasquez, Henry for Jennings please!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    If we do that, wont that be a huge gamble? Jenngings wants to be in a large market for free agency right? No thank you. I would be pissed if we waste all of that on a rental.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    If we do that, wont that be a huge gamble? Jenngings wants to be in a large market for free agency right? No thank you. I would be pissed if we waste all of that on a rental.
    He would still be a restricted free agent. We'd have all the leverage like with the Eric Gordon signing.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Funny thing is that If the Hornets were to get Jennings the fans would be ready to trade him for the next hyped up name. We should ease up off of the panic button a little

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    Funny thing is that If the Hornets were to get Jennings the fans would be ready to trade him for the next hyped up name. We should ease up off of the panic button a little
    That will never end on a forum. Always gotta go get "pieces" and high draft picks. ALWAYS.

That said, I'm convinved pg will be where the next big money is spent. It's taken the lead over sf.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I want Jennings, but I'm not mortgaging our future for him.

isnt derek fisher available ?
    We had quite a few interesting conversations as we pondered and navigated the nightly canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Has Jennings said this or is this an assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Jennings has said he'd rather play in a large market. I'm not in the mood to go digging for links though.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    It's what he wants. But I bet Jurassic he wouldn't object to playing with OKC if the chance came up and Westbrook wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's what he wants. But I bet Jurassic he wouldn't object to playing with OKC if the chance came up and Westbrook wasn't there.
    I didn't know that he said that. It's a bad marketing scheme because if there's no big market to go to, he's turned off all of the smaller market teams. These agents are steering these guys in the wrong direction. It's proven that going to a big market doesn't make that big of a difference in your earning potential. Ask Lebron, Brees, or Peyton Manning if being in small markets hindered their earning potential. Conversely, ask CP3 or Pau Gasol if they've seen a jump in their earnings potential. I read somewhere that Gasol's endorsements only increased by 500k when he was traded from Memphis to LA. bottom line is, if you try your best to make your team great, the endorsements and tv time will come (ie. Lebron in Cleveland, Manning in Indy, Durant in OKC, Brees in NO). With the exception of LA, none of the big markets win. My bad. I went on a tangent. The "I want to go to a bg market" line is getting old.

Brandon Jennings, the Milwaukee Bucks' leading scorer, told ESPN.com Thursday he will strongly consider leaving Milwaukee for one of the league's larger markets once his rookie contract ends.

"I am going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,'' Jennings said in an email interview. "I'm doing my homework on big-market teams.''
    "I'm not saying I won't (sign an extension with the Bucks) and I'm not saying I will,'' he said. "I'm just keeping my options open.''
    Since then, Carmelo Anthony has forced a trade from Denver to New York; Chris Paul forced a trade from New Orleans to Los Angeles; and Orlando's Dwight Howard has requested that the Magic trade him to the New Jersey Nets, who are moving to Brooklyn next season.

Jennings is not in the class of those players, but he said their decisions have influenced him.

"When you start seeing other players like Dwight Howard or CP3, you start thinking,'' said Jennings, who is averaging 18.9 points and 5.3 assists for the Bucks.

"It has nothing to do with the city of Milwaukee or anything like that because that's where I started my career,'' Jennings said. "They've been nothing but good to me. (Coach) Scott Skiles and (general manager) John Hammond have been good to me. It's just that I'm understanding the business of basketball now.''
    "I'm going to keep playing hard every night for the Bucks as long as I'm there,'' Jennings said. "I'm not promising that's where my future will be. I will make sure me and (agent Bill Duffy) look at all the best options.''
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/75...g-market-teams

Thread Information