Pelicans Report

Thread: SPT NBA preview

NBA SPT NBA preview

check out this blog post that has some good stuff about the Hornets, and some stuff about the Rockets. Overall a good NBA blog. Pretty interesting stuff on the Harden trade.

The Thunder just gave away the championship to the Miami Heat. Look I really like the trade for the Rockets but the Thunder losing Harden was a step back for them. Its a step back for all the small market teams out there. The Thunder had something really special with that trio… Boston 80’s, Lakers 80’s special. Now they have KMart, who isn’t a fall off, but there is no upside with him and he’s a terrible defender. On the other hand, the Rockets get a 23 year old star who isn’t even in his prime. They still aren’t a playoff team, but the blocks are coming together….. As a basketball fan, this is a terrible deal.
    http://www.sptalk.net/?p=1358
    Last edited by rubicon; 11-05-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    follow me @SportsPillowTlk . I blog and have a podcast about Gulf Coast Sports, Saint, Texans, Rockets, Hornets, LSU, Cougars, Longhorns, NBA, NFL, MLB, Astros

Link?

whoops

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Terrible deal? Wow!

I think for just casual fans of the NBA its a terrible deal. The Thunder were the only team that can compete with the Heat. There is no other team that has the talent that can compete with them. So aside from injury, the Heat are just miles better than any team. I just believe that a rivalry for the ages was taken away from this trade. For the rest of the NBA especially the western conference, things are more wide open. As a hornets fan, its good for us, but as of right now we aren't in a contenders position.

The Hornets is the Heat Kryptonite.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

This was a terrible deal for the Thunder. Awful deal. I'm too tired to go into specifics, but basically it gives even touches Westbrook with the ball which is not good.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
    I think for just casual fans of the NBA its a terrible deal. The Thunder were the only team that can compete with the Heat. There is no other team that has the talent that can compete with them. So aside from injury, the Heat are just miles better than any team. I just believe that a rivalry for the ages was taken away from this trade. For the rest of the NBA especially the western conference, things are more wide open. As a hornets fan, its good for us, but as of right now we aren't in a contenders position.
    You are seriously misjudging the Heat. They earned their title last year becasue it sure as hell wasn't easy for them. They were on their death bed pretty much throughout the playoffs after round 1 last year but battled back. Thats a credit to their resolve--which was mostly all Lebron--to keep coming back after being on the brink, but that does not show them being "miles" better than any other contender by any means.

As a matter of fact, the Thunder were relatively their easiest series being that the Thinder too, lacks a serious inside game, just like the Heat.

That blog is just that--a knee jerk reaction blog in response to the first 3 games of an 82 game season.
    Last edited by luckyman; 11-05-2012 at 05:39 PM.

In the East who do you have? The Celtics might give the Heat some run but they are just too athletic for them. Remember., Chris Bosh was injured throughout most of the playoffs. Their are only five or six teams contending for the title this year and we can safely say the Heat are on the top of the list.

Thread Information