Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Soon as Willie Green hit that shot and gave the Clips the lead, Pop called a timeout. You can't let teams go on 10-0 runs.
    Thank you Hunny B!!! That spurt right there won them the game.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetnojersey View Post
    So how soon will the Bobcats thread be up? can we do a over/under on this ?
    I'll do it around lunch time tomorrow if bones doesn't do it before...

This team will rarely win games with 20 turnovers. The one thing that the Hornets can not do is turn the ball over. They can afford to shoot poorly from the field but they absolutely can not give away possessions and points via turnovers.

This was a very winnable game where the team shot themselves in the foot by not protecting the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    Thank you Hunny B!!! That spurt right there won them the game.
    I mean I'm not saying he has to call a timeout everytime the other team gets a lead but a 10-0 run? No sir. In the words of Mike Singletary, "can't win wit em, can't do it".

No they can't be having those turnovers. They outrebounded the Sixers and shot and made more free throws but they also had more turnovers.

And for the record, the people that say attendance doesn't matter are worse than the people who complain about attendance. It may not matter in terms of bench marks and stuff, but it matters that we get out and support this young team.

There was just too much talent in suits tonight. We can break down the finer points all night, but it's hard to overcome such a deluge of injuries.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Good Lord, why are people still talking about attendance ? Benson owns the team. They aren't going anywhere.
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

I mean I'm not saying he has to call a timeout everytime the other team gets a lead but a 10-0 run? No sir. In the words of Mike Singletary, "can't win wit em, can't do it".
    Ah, good ol' Mike. He was clueless as a HC, but there was never a dull moment.

I don't even know why we keep preaching to the choir about attendance. Just about everyone here knows about attendance. Try rallying on a corner with a sign or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CP3forMVP View Post
    And for the record, the people that say attendance doesn't matter are worse than the people who complain about attendance. It may not matter in terms of bench marks and stuff, but it matters that we get out and support this young team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Poster View Post
    Good Lord, why are people still talking about attendance ? Benson owns the team. They aren't going anywhere.
    Exhibit A^

Anyone who complains about attendance should be at games and trying to take as many people as possible with you...
    We no longer have benchmarks to meet.
    I agree it looks bad on TV yes but complaining about it on a message board won't change that.
    Going to the game and putting your *** in a seat will.
    Last edited by WhoDatPelican; 11-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.

This may actually be the first time I've seen a different expression on Farouq's face other than this one:

why whinge about attendance when you aren't attending yourselves...if I moved to NOLA i'd be attending every game

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    why whinge about attendance when you aren't attending yourselves...if I moved to NOLA i'd be attending every game
    It would be euphoric to have the NBA right around the corner, wouldn't it? *Sigh*

Very very embarrassed to be a hornets fan today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Very very embarrassed to be a hornets fan today.
    naaaah man come on... its just 1 regular season game. We'll be fine once A.D. and Rivers return. Keep ya head up.

It's just the way the NBA is. Even though the games count, the pre-season feel lasts until around Christmas. Players will continue to miss games when they break a nail until then, and fans, outside of a few select cities, will not be enthused.

I was geared up to go to the game tonight, but when I heard of all the players out for both teams...no thanks. Was a wise choice.

On to Friday against the Bobs.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It's just the way the NBA is. Even though the games count, the pre-season feel lasts until around Christmas. .
    That's true and only hardcore basketball fans are paying attention right now. Last year, the NCAA title game drew a 12.3 rating. In comparison, an early season matchup (Dec) of Kentucky vs North Carolina drew a "whopping" 2.1.

A lot of the American viewing audience doesn't even think about the NBA until the Super Bowl is a memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet Hysteria View Post
    It would be euphoric to have the NBA right around the corner, wouldn't it? *Sigh*
    my team in Aus is a 20km drive yet i still make it to watch the stink that the NBL provides @ $25 a game, idk where NO Arena is or any of the suburbs are but I'd atleast try make every game instead of sitting on here complaining about the low attendance we you (the people complaining) aren't there themselves

my team in Aus is a 20km drive yet i still make it to watch the stink that the NBL provides @ $25 a game, idk where NO Arena is or any of the suburbs are but I'd atleast try make every game instead of sitting on here complaining about the low attendance we you (the people complaining) aren't there themselves
    I love u international guys!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

Maybe austin is actually a difference maker then.

What team do you follow dude!!

I go to many NBL games in Australia.. my parents dont take me, i walk down to the station catch a train and walk to the stadium everytime..

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wish every game would be sold out, but I don't see anything changing attendance wise early in the year when the Saints are still playing. Once January and such roll around, the seats will fill up. I just don't care about showing great attendance to raise other people's opinions of the team around the nation. To support the team? I can get behind that.

And I don't even care about the T-word. ...though I won't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    What team do you follow dude!!

I go to many NBL games in Australia.. my parents dont take me, i walk down to the station catch a train and walk to the stadium everytime..
    NBL... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno_33 NOLA View Post
    NBL... LOL
    ^^ biggest joke ay...and Jonny Flynn just joined the Tigers haha

Thread Information