.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 341

Thread: Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

  1. #276
    Vote Voodoo! Contributor Unknown Poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Interwebs
    Posts
    9,573
    Twin towers of Davis and Noel!
    "Hornets means nothing." - Tom Benson

  2. #277
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    The first half was slow, sluggish and bad enough and then they come out in the 3rd and while they look bad lots of times in 3rd quarters, they were tragic tonight. 10 points? Really? Get outta here.


  3. #278
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JJackisangry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,326
    Bring back jack!!! Like a good neighbor state farm is there!

  4. #279
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    gross, but not unexpected. this'll happen fairly often this year. not worried.
    Only if you expect the Hornets front line players to continue to miss games in unison.

  5. #280
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,304
    For those complaining about attendance, and I'm sure the Staples center will fill out more later, but it looks a bit bare in their lower bowl right now as well.

  6. #281
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731

    Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

    Team was caught in a halfcourt game and forced to shoot jumpers. A bad combo. Monty should have had them running more.

    Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

    Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

  7. #282
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    For those complaining about attendance, and I'm sure the Staples center will fill out more later, but it looks a bit bare in their lower bowl right now as well.

    Hornets 12,988

    Bucks 11,465

    Hawks 10,684

  8. #283
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Soon as Willie Green hit that shot and gave the Clips the lead, Pop called a timeout. You can't let teams go on 10-0 runs.

  9. #284

    Re: Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    Team was caught in a halfcourt game and forced to shoot jumpers. A bad combo. Monty should have had them running more.
    How were they going to run more that game? They didn't do a particularly good job on the defensive boards and Grevis could never get around/past Holliday. They could have forced the issue a little more, but it would just end inyet another TO or brick.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #285

    Re: Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Soon as Willie Green hit that shot and gave the Clips the lead, Pop called a timeout. You can't let teams go on 10-0 runs.
    Phil Jackson disagrees.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #286
    All World Pelicans78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    15,731

    Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    How were they going to run more that game? They didn't do a particularly good job on the defensive boards and Grevis could never get around/past Holliday. They could have forced the issue a little more, but it would just end inyet another TO or brick.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    They had plenty of chances to run. They were making stupid turnovers in the half court and settling for jumpers, Running more would have helped Vasquez avoid on the ball pressure and allow everyone to attack the basket more.

  12. #287
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by HunnyB View Post
    Hornets 12,988

    Bucks 11,465

    Hawks 10,684
    Nice find. Niether of those other 2 teams have NFL football for an excuse.

  13. #288

    Re: Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nice find. Niether of those other 2 teams have football for an excuse.
    The Falcons and Packers are NFL teams.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  14. #289
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    The Falcons and Packers are NFL teams.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    The Packers play in Green Bay, which is 2 hours from Milwaukee. The Falcons play in Atlanta.

  15. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The Packers play in Green Bay, which is 2 hours from Milwaukee. The Falcons play in Atlanta.
    But the Hawks and Falcons.....*shrugs*....yea, you're right!!!!

  16. #291
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by NOH2313 View Post
    Who else on the team could he pass it to?

    Nobody on tonight's roster can remotely create their own shot.

    Nobody.
    Well some PGs can do the creating for the others, but that's asking a lot of Vazques. Leave him alone.

  17. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nice find. Niether of those other 2 teams have NFL football for an excuse.
    Not sure if serious.
    Tom Smykowski: Well-well look. I already told you: I deal with the god damn customers so the engineers don't have to. I have people skills; I am good at dealing with people. Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?

    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote! BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

  18. #293
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce06 View Post
    But the Hawks and Falcons.....*shrugs*....yea, you're right!!!!
    Yeah. It's Atlanta. Atlanta dude (fans have to be told when to cheer on defense).

  19. #294
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012
    Austin Rivers ‏@AustinRivers25
    Can't stand sitting out of games!! Can't wait to play again! Lol

  20. #295
    All World Contributor FlyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Walkin to N.O.
    Posts
    20,012














    Get well soon young men.




  21. #296
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,620
    Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I didn't get to see the game, and I'm wondering - why did Jason Smith only get 15 minutes of playing time? He had 5 blocks, and our offense clearly struggled, so I don't see why Lopez got double the minutes since Jason seemed to have played well.

  22. #297

    Re: Hornets vs. 76ers Game Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I didn't get to see the game, and I'm wondering - why did Jason Smith only get 15 minutes of playing time? He had 5 blocks, and our offense clearly struggled, so I don't see why Lopez got double the minutes since Jason seemed to have played well.
    He tweaked an ankle or something and I don't remember how much he played after that.

    Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

  23. #298
    Fire Monty!! Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    13,936
    Nothing good about tonight. No energy, no scoring, rotations were bad.

    Thing that really bothered me, why don't we looking for Anderson? Young did a great job against screens, but there were numerous occasions where Anderson shook him and we went in the opposite direction. The guards turn their back to our best shooter time and time again.

    And Roberts, please show yourself the door.
    PelicansReport.com Sim League
    New Orleans Hornets General Manager

  24. #299
    So how soon will the Bobcats thread be up? can we do a over/under on this ?

  25. #300

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •